Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble - All Discussion - NO ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

fade out wrote: »
    does anybody know when ticketmaster will send out the tickets if you ordered online?

Nope no idea. From experience, it'll be anywhere between when the tickets went on sale to 10 days before the gig itself. It's a pain (as I have one for my mum for a present, yet can't physically give her anything), but someone mentioned it's to somewhat reduce touting as there are no physical tickets to sell on.

I remember Bruce Springsteen tickets came only a couple of weeks before the gig (some 4 or 5 months after buying them), yet Rod Stewart tickets came four days after they were on sale, so it really is anyones guess sorry! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

If you buy the public tickets, it's usually about 2 to 3 weeks prior to concert. For the presales, they are 'electronic' so you will not get them until you get to the event as far as I know.

RubyBlu wrote: »
    If you buy the public tickets, it's usually about 2 to 3 weeks prior to concert. For the presales, they are 'electronic' so you will not get them until you get to the event as far as I know.

The presales for Bublé aren't electronic, they're giving people the choice again at presale for physical tickets after some complaints. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I've discovered something very interesting and found out what hotel Michael Buble stayed at before in Dublin. What are the chances of having him return to the same hotel in september? Will pm you my lovelyhome since you asked before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Not the fact the barman of the said place mentioned in on the Late Late before no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I doubt he'll stay in the same place again, somewhere closer to the Aviva is my guess...

SantryRed wrote: »
    Not the fact the barman of the said place mentioned in on the Late Late before no?

Haven't a clue what you are talking about there. Sorry. I don't think it was mentioned on the late late.

I doubt he'll stay in the same place again, somewhere closer to the Aviva is my guess...

I'm thinking he can't be too close to the Aviva otherwise he may not get any peace back at his hotel that weekend. Hmmmm

fade out wrote: »
    does anybody know when ticketmaster will send out the tickets if you ordered online?

My tickets came yesterday and today, mix of presale and regular tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

I can't wait. I have a room booked at the Dylan and the Shelbourne. I'll cancel one closer to the date. So excited!!!

• Advertisement

did everybody get their tickets

My tickets came yesterday and today, mix of presale and regular tickets.

i didn't get my ticket at all.

I have another question. Do you have sign for tickets when they arrive by post? I might have some hope in getting it if it requires a signature. Will try and track down the postman tomorrow morning and have a chat with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I didn't get my tickets either!! They had better come soon! Also anybody got a good place to stay near enough to the stadium that isn't too pricy??! I've looked and everything seems really expensive!

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I have another question. Do you have sign for tickets when they arrive by post?

No, they're regular post. Small brown envelopes.
    leahyl wrote: »
    I didn't get my tickets either!! They had better come soon! Also anybody got a good place to stay near enough to the stadium that isn't too pricy??! I've looked and everything seems really expensive!

At this stage, I'd recommend trying for B&B's if you want to stay nearby, as I've heard that hotels are cashing in on Bublé and charging through the nose, if they're not already sold out. As it's in Lansdowne Road, if you can't get anywhere near the venue, try to get another hotel or B&B near the DART line, as Lansdowne/Aviva is on the route.

This is really weird. I rang ticketmaster this morning to check on my ticket and I was told that the tickets for that event won't be posted out until closer to the date. So it's beyond me how fireballpitcher got his/her tickets. Must phone again and tell them that somebody from boards got their tickets and see what the story is with that. So its good that my ticket wasn't posted yet. Will go to the post office later in the week to see if they can keep my mail for me to collect. Hopefully it will save it from being delivered to the wrong house. Also the dog here has a habit, when noone is at home of getting to the mail and chewing it. Wouldn't it be awful if the dog ate my ticket!

Better get cracking at booking a hotel room at the weekend.

This is really weird. I rang ticketmaster this morning to check on my ticket and I was told that the tickets for that event won't be posted out until closer to the date. So it's beyond me how fireballpitcher got his/her tickets. Must phone again and tell them that somebody from boards got their tickets and see what the story is with that. So its good that my ticket wasn't posted yet. Will go to the post office later in the week to see if they can keep my mail for me to collect. Hopefully it will save it from being delivered to the wrong house. Also the dog here has a habit, when noone is at home of getting to the mail and chewing it. Wouldn't it be awful if the dog ate my ticket!

Better get cracking at booking a hotel room at the weekend.

Well I'm living in South Dublin, if that makes any difference (in terms of whether they have branches which send tickets out), and I got 3 sets of 2 tickets, a mix of presale and regular tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

A friend from work got his tickets about 3 weeks ago. I booked for the same night and have still to receive mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Tickets are dispatched at different times, so even if someone receives their tickets tomorrow, you still might not get yours until a week before the event. Nothing to worry about.
    Also, if your tickets don't arrive at all, they can always be reprinted at the box office at the event on the day of the show, as long as they were purchased online or over the phone.

Did anyone else here get their tickets? I'm still waiting for mine.

• Advertisement

I've had mine about a month or two now, but I wouldn't worry until two weeks before the gig. My friends received their Gorillaz tickets two weeks ago, whilst I only got mine on Friday, so there's clearly some system they are using to distribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Same as, have my tickets maybe a month or two. Log in to your ticketmaster account and see have they been dispatched.

Is there anybody else getting fed up waiting for their tickets? I dont want to book a hotel room until I have the ticket so I hope I will be able to book a hotel room whenever the hell it does arrive. I ring ticketmaster once a week now and Im always on hold for ages. If I dont get my ticket within the next two or three weeks I think I might phone ticketmaster and shout down the phone to see where that will get me.

Is there anybody else getting fed up waiting for their tickets? I dont want to book a hotel room until I have the ticket so I hope I will be able to book a hotel room whenever the hell it does arrive. I ring ticketmaster once a week now and Im always on hold for ages. If I dont get my ticket within the next two or three weeks I think I might phone ticketmaster and shout down the phone to see where that will get me.

I wouldn't be too worried to be honest with you. Hotels I hear are awfully hard to get for the weekend as it is so start looking now. Your ticket will come and if it doesn't, ticketmaster will allow you to collect it closer to the date, so don't be waiting on the ticket before you book a hotel, because ticketmasters policy is that the ticket will arrive no later than 10 or 14 (cant remember which) days prior to the event, and you certainly dont want to be waiting til September to book :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

why are people fretting over receiving their tickets or not! As someone already said here, if the tickets were booked online or over the phone they can simply be re-printed by TM, as much as I don't like them they have yet to make a mess up on sending out any of my tickets for gigs.
    Glad I'm not going to this gig judging by the whinging audience..but my wife is going..go figure;)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I got my tickets about 2 weeks ago but friends got them well before I did. They were all sent out at different times and Ticketmaster says not to contact them until much closer to the time if you haven't received them. If you have your confirmation e-mail, all will be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi all.

I heard the Michael Buble tickets were issued but I didnt get them yet. Ticketmaster said they were sent out to me?

That €330 worth of tickets. Anyone know what I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Tickets are often sent out at different times, even for the same event.

As long as you booked online/by phone and have the reference number for your booking, you can always pick them up at the box office at the event if they don't arrive.

In short, you shouldn't have anything to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you ever lose tickets that you ordered online then ticketmaster will usually not refund/reissue them. However if they are "lost in the post" (hint, hint) they will always reissue them, they will either send out new ones and cancel the old ones, or else you have to go to the boxoffice with the CC you paid with and get new ones. If they really are lost/stolen in the post then the thief will not be let in as the barcode will detect it as being stolen.

Once my mates mother bought them and we brought a photocopy of her CC and we got new tickets.

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi all.

I heard the Michael Buble tickets were issued but I didnt get them yet. Ticketmaster said they were sent out to me?

That €330 worth of tickets. Anyone know what I can do?

I don't know where you heard that they were all issued, but I can assure you they haven't been. I know a couple of people who haven't got them.

There really is no need to start a panic, the gig isn't for 3 more months, and ticketmaster say that tickets will get to the sender no later than 10/14 days before the event so until that date stop getting in a worry.

They issue tickets either by surname, date of purchase or section, so there's really no need to start getting worried.

Advertisement