Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble - All Discussion - NO ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

wellies , are you for real? sweet jasus:rolleyes:

Just can't be too careful in this country:D, though think i'll stick to skinny jeans and nice boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh lads i am SOOOOO excited!! Weather is meant to be dry and bright so should be fine! Since you mentioned people getting dressed up i'm thinking i should wear skinny jeans and heels - what you think??! It's not like we're gonna be standing anyway (well not for the whole concert anyway!!). I'm on the pitch - eeeekkkk!! Can't wait to see him!!

Oh just in relation to transport to the stadium - myself and my mum are staying with my aunt so do you think it would be ok for her to drop us to the stadium or would it be mad with traffic? Would we be better off getting the DART? For anyone from Dublin she lives in Castleknock (i haven't a clue where anywhere is in relation to anywhere else!) so could someone advise?

From Castleknock get the train to Connolly/Pearse then change to DART to Landsdowne Road though check your tickets Grand Canal Dock is usually recommended for certain stands.
    On the way back your best bet is to walk towards town, you could be clever and walk to Pembroke Road (turn left at D4 hotel) and pick up a 10 bus into town from there (everyone else will keep on walking down Mount Street).
    Actually Pembroke Road might be a good spot to get some food as well, there's a nice pizza place there and a few other nice restaurants/pub food along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi all,

I know doors open at 6. Any word on (a) how the drink provider will be (b) if there is a support act and (c) when he is meant to jump onto stage?

Any tips on what to do after - will it be too difficult with traffic to get into town etc. I am just out for a session really.

Many thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know doors open at 6. Any word on (a) how the drink provider will be (b) if there is a support act and (c) when he is meant to jump onto stage?

Any tips on what to do after - will it be too difficult with traffic to get into town etc. I am just out for a session really.

Many thanks for your help.

a)Diagio (Aviva stadium provider)

b) Naturally 7

c) 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

From Castleknock get the train to Connolly/Pearse then change to DART to Landsdowne Road though check your tickets Grand Canal Dock is usually recommended for certain stands.
    On the way back your best bet is to walk towards town, you could be clever and walk to Pembroke Road (turn left at D4 hotel) and pick up a 10 bus into town from there (everyone else will keep on walking down Mount Street).
    Actually Pembroke Road might be a good spot to get some food as well, there's a nice pizza place there and a few other nice restaurants/pub food along there.

Thanks a mil for that! Yes was thinking of getting DART alright to Landsdowne. My tickets say that i enter at the Landsdowne Road entrance so this would be good for DART. Thanks for the suggestion of the bus and places to eat!! Always good to know a few restaurants as food is very important to me hehe ;):D Oh god can't WAAAAIITT!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Me1984

I'm travelling from Enniskillen via Cavan... Don't know my way round Dublin at all...

Any step my step advice for a forst tome concert go-er....

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 purplemonkey79

is there any truth in the rumour there's a secrect gig on tonight???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

id say there is,but most venues are sold out so hes prob playing in one of them so no chance of getting in to see him

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭thedeal

Does anybody know how long his set would usually be?

I know he is on at 8 so anybody have an idea how long he stays on stage for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭UPCurley

Just a silly question really,

How long to get from Dylan Hotel to Aviva.
    Do we take a cab or walk?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

thedeal wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long his set would usually be?

I know he is on at 8 so anybody have an idea how long he stays on stage for?

Kind of need to know this myself. What time will the gig be finishing. Working at the gig and have to work out how on earth I'm going to get back to Maynooth or Wicklow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

UPCurley wrote: »
    Just a silly question really,

How long to get from Dylan Hotel to Aviva.
    Do we take a cab or walk?

Only about 10 to 15 minute walk.
    Kind of need to know this myself. What time will the gig be finishing. Working at the gig and have to work out how on earth I'm going to get back to Maynooth or Wicklow!

By the early stage time I'm guessing between 22:00 and 22:15, no later than 22:30. Most outdoor gigs in Dublin don't go on too late.

By the early stage time I'm guessing between 22:00 and 22:15, no later than 22:30. Most outdoor gigs in Dublin don't go on too late.

I'm really hoping so. My job card gives the impression that I'll be on until 11.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm really hoping so. My job card gives the impression that I'll be on until 11.30!

I don't know what kind of job you're doing there but there is usually a rush of work going on once the artist leaves the stage such as dismantling the stage, cleaning the stadium, getting concert-goers out of the venue, etc. so you could well be on until that time. Can you not get a Nitelink to Maynooth or Wicklow if you end up stuck?

I don't know what kind of job you're doing there but there is usually a rush of work going on once the artist leaves the stage such as dismantling the stage, cleaning the stadium, getting concert-goers out of the venue, etc. so you could well be on until that time. Can you not get a Nitelink to Maynooth or Wicklow if you end up stuck?

I'm on the bar!

Last bus to wicklow from the RDS is either 23.45 or 01.45
    Last train to Maynooth is 22.59

Other option is head into town and grab the 00.00 nightlink to maynooth if I can find my way!

I'll be alright. It's just stressful now knowing how I'm going to get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thebox

buble is due on at 8 so id say youd be off before 11:30

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

This is going to be just slightly epic, so I'm just slightly excited :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Was there for rehearsals last night. I will be working the follow spot on the man himself.

You folks are in for quite a show.

The stage set is very impressive. As is the sound in there.

Peeps with seats on the pitch have a great view ( as will every one in fairness) but will be exposed to the weather a bit more while seated. Dress accordingly . I do believe the weather will be much better than the last few nights though.. fingers crossed
    http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=dublin

edit. there will be no need for wellys . the place has no exposed grass and is very clean and new.

see you all there. just wave. I might spot ya;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

For all who are going tonight: I hope you all have a fantastic time and hope you all arrive safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

For all those going, here is the Safety Notice for Bublé.
    Includes what ya can and cant bring etc.

Michael_Buble_Safety_Notice.jpg

• Advertisement

For all those going, here is the Safety Notice for Bublé.
    Includes what ya can and cant bring etc.

Michael_Buble_Safety_Notice.jpg

Im on boards mobile so cant read that. Am I allowed a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Im on boards mobile so cant read that. Am I allowed a camera.

You are not allowed a camera with a lens of more that 1 inch. So if its an ordinary digital camera you'll be ok.

Just heard on the radio that Michael Buble dublin concerts is one of his biggest and that he is used to doing concerts of 23000 and that the Dublin concerts will be filmed. Knew they would make a dvd of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

hi all
    OMG my mam just rang me, she was at the concert tonight and apparently thousands walked out, the sound system was ****, no one could make out what he was singing!! she was devastasted! she didnt even stay for the encore! The security said on the way out they have never seen as much people to walk out of a concert!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ella11 wrote: »
    hi all
    OMG my mam just rang me, she was at the concert tonight and apparently thousands walked out, the sound system was ****, no one could make out what he was singing!! she was devastasted! she didnt even stay for the encore! The security said on the way out they have never seen as much people to walk out of a concert!

Wow thats unfortunate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

God, is that something they can fix ? going morrow night.......should we bother ? Interesting to see if thats reported.

id say they'll have to fix it for tomorrow night, wasnt there myself but the way my mam was talking it was pretty bad! i feel for him and the thousands who were very disappointed, i wouldnt be surprised if its all over the radio tomorrow:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

If anyone who was there could report back that would be great. Suppose to be going tomorrow but slightly worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

so how cold was it?? should I be wrapping up tomor nite?? whats the view like from the stands I was thinking of bring binoculars!!

• Advertisement

so how cold was it?? should I be wrapping up tomor nite?? whats the view like from the stands I was thinking of bring binoculars!!

she said it was frigging freezing...

Advertisement