Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback about Helpdesk

Options
  • 29-10-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

I posted this on Sunday and have had no reply from an admin

I wouldn't care if it was a rant about getting banned, but when it's something to do with the commercial end of the site I'd expect some sort of acknowledgment of the issue, if not an answer

There's other parts of the site too which seem to have no input from anyone in charge, the social.ie support forum for one.. which I posted about before and also didn't get an answer to my question.

If this overlooking of issues was happening in one of the Talk-To forums it'd be frowned upon, but for it to be happening in boards related forums is just laughable.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The helpdesk is fundamentally flawed because it's in a thread format instead of a ticket format. Your issue is not being ignored, it's been accidentally overlooked and subsequently dropped off the front page.

You should have just PMed someone to bring their attention to it.

social.ie is a different thing entirely and is unrelated to boards.ie. It shouldn't even be in the Sys category.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Feel free to PM any admin if you felt you were being overlooked, or even report the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ok thanks guys.

Maybe there should be a subforum in Helpdesk for actual issues relating to accounts and things rather than everything been lumped in together.

Just a thought

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement