Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired Gaming Reopening

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

well done mark cant wait prices are perfect have been there before great great place

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

great to hear. How do you become an investor in the company or do you have all the finances you need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

Once again thank you for all the support guys, it really has been great.

(Re)Opening was a tough decision for us. We loved Wired and it did well, but things (the economy) have gotten worse since we closed. Still we have done the figures and even with a significant drop in income we should be fine.

Having the support from our past members and the local community in general has been great, it has helped ease our minds.

@evoke, thank you very much for your interest, but we are steering clear of investors in general. There is one other person and I, and I've known him for years (I helped him run his gaming centre (Spraoi in Carraroe) and know that I can trust him. That's not to say that you wouldn't be trustworthy, but I trusted the previous investor and got badly burned.

So even though more money would be good, we're playing it safe. :)

Hey guys,

We're looking to hire some part time staff, see the post on the Jobs Asking/Offering thread for more info.

Thanks,

Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

rabid dog, how can it make money?
    by my calculations at minimum wage including tax prsi ur talkin u must have 3 computers been used all the time, then rent electricity games computers vat accountant heatin rates ur talkin u need to be doing a minimum of 10 computers every hour and i just dont see that as possible, sorry best of luck though and hope ya havent invested to much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

rabid dog, how can it make money?
    by my calculations at minimum wage including tax prsi ur talkin u must have 3 computers been used all the time, then rent electricity games computers vat accountant heatin rates ur talkin u need to be doing a minimum of 10 computers every hour and i just dont see that as possible, sorry best of luck though and hope ya havent invested to much

This type reply is for the business forum, not here. Wired has a very strong community that will support them as before, why not focus on the experience you get inside than worring about their survival without checking them out.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

Had a great time at a few lock-ins at the old wired. Best of luck with the re-opening mark. And mark even let us rent the shop for our annual tf2 community get together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

W!zard wrote: »
    This type reply is for the business forum, not here. Wired has a very strong community that will support them as before, why not focus on the experience you get inside than worring about their survival without checking them out.
    :cool:

was nothing personal just was curious on how it could make money

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Congrats on getting the business reopened Mark. You picked a good day to reopen it too! Flea, Dingo and Shasty will have to make an appearance that day!

jased10s wrote: »
    Had a great time at a few lock-ins at the old wired. Best of luck with the re-opening mark. And mark even let us rent the shop for our annual tf2 community get together.

Hey Jason, how're you keeping? Still playing TF2?

Congrats on getting the business reopened Mark. You picked a good day to reopen it too! Flea, Dingo and Shasty will have to make an appearance that day!

Haha! Are you guys ever apart? ;P

@GuessWho2009, I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you've created a new account to hide your identity. I hate when people do that.

• Advertisement

RabidDog wrote: »
    Hey Jason, how're you keeping? Still playing TF2?

Hey mark , Yeah community still going strong with our upgraded dedicated server and we held the last get together in Amsterdam :). Have a few more tf2 servers and l4d ( 16plyr + 8 plyr )

Drop by sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Seaneh wrote: »
    Your rates are stupid high, and i dont know your overheads so i guess i cant really call you on it but it would put me off going.
    So what would you suggest? When you say "stupid high" it implies that you think they are charging a ridiculous amount of money. For me, the lowest bulk rate I can get, is what I would look at, as I would just buy that and use it as I go along, the same as a ratesaver card or any equivalent offering.

As he said, their best offering is €2.90 per hour. Personally, I think that's great value. But what price point would you consider reasonable? €2...? €1...? C'mon like, the guy has to make a living.

I have no idea what his overheads are either, but I can take a reasonable guess at certain things, like having 2 rooms rammed full of PC's going all the time is going to give you some serious numbers when the ESB bill comes in.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Congrats. Twas a shame when wired closed before. Legend games of COD back in the day, but what the hell was the pirate game everyone got obsessed with at one stage? :pac:

Do ye still have the old user accounts data or is that long gone? Think id a few hours paid for on it when ye closed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That data went poof in the Great Server Fire of dickety-two. Shame, I can't really work up the enthusiasm to regain 50-odd levels in COD4...

However, Mark did mention something on the wired boards about goodies for anyone who still had their old membership cards. Might be worth an hour or two, perhaps?

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Gaaah! Never even thought of my COD4 profile! This will be the 3rd time my COD4 profile has been reset. Damn formatting, I blame Vista, I didnt want that OS in the 1st place!!

From what I remember of Wired's software, it wouldn't be too hard to import a profile if you have one knocking about.

Congrats. Twas a shame when wired closed before. Legend games of COD back in the day, but what the hell was the pirate game everyone got obsessed with at one stage? :pac:

Do ye still have the old user accounts data or is that long gone? Think id a few hours paid for on it when ye closed. :(

Pirates, Vikings & Knights II. Legend of a game, and a mod to boot.

It'll be back, though we're waiting for the new release, which adds some really great content.

The accounts are gone I'm afraid, along with all the profiles and saves. Most of the equipment, including the server, was sold off when we closed.

Damm i had over €20 still on my card :(
    oh well..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Very happy it's back and wish I still lived in galway now ;)
    Glad there will be diff headsets, my ears!
    biut I'll visit for a lockin some time hehe. have one over christmas :-p

Prices are not high, sure it's more expensive than some crap net cafe in dublin(that you can't do anything in) but it is a way better experience and not even expensive, 3e an hour is grand in bulk and the staff are great, well I don't know who is working there apart from rabid this time. Love the points system to redeem whole free days there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fuzzsc00ta

Great to hear ye're back! Time for some pew pew and Kebab House burgers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

fuzzsc00ta wrote: »
    Kebab House burgers. :D

Not in Wired anyway :cool:

Not in Wired anyway :cool:

Ah no we'll allow hot food to be brought in, just not eaten at the computers. That way they won't get covered in crap or grease. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Good to hear. A place to sit inside the window there would be good all right, with as many chairs as you can fit into it comfortably.

With the accounts system, it's really handy just to log out, go eat and log back in again quickly, without any loss of gaming time.

I suppose the profiles on Donal's server have been wiped?

Gosh darn it, I don't what I'll do if I have to start again from the start on Barbie Explorer. :(

I'm looking for a place in town in the next couple of weeks, so you can expect to have me as a regular soon.

I suppose the profiles on Donal's server have been wiped?

Gosh darn it, I don't what I'll do if I have to start again from the start on Barbie Explorer. :(

I'm looking for a place in town in the next couple of weeks, so you can expect to have me as a regular soon.

Nope, I have a backup from the server.

Barbie Explorer is completely underrated. I hope they add multiplayer to the next one, that'd be class.

Hey guys,

I'm afraid we have to delay the opening until Wednesday 11th November due to a delay in our order of components from Komplett.

Everything else is going well though and, bar another delay in the order (which is unlikely), we'll be open at 1pm on Wednesday.

Thank you,

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Authorin

*Cough Cough* Sori Swine flu. Mark ;) Good luck with it.

We're open now guys.

Had some delays but we're there now (literally). :)

^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Hey Mark,
    Good to see you back up and running. Can you please contact me in relation to the PM I sent you yesterday as t is urgent.
    Many Thanks,
    Martin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement