Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom and Static Ip's

• 29-10-2009 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I just got the Eircom 12mb adsl2 line with multiple static ip's added to it so that i could route various external ip address to internal web services. The router is a 2247-62 Netopia.

I cannot find anywhere how i can get the adsl router to handle the multiple static ips much less route traffic to internal ip's.

I rang eircom broadband support but they were of little help. Basically they told me the router was basic kit and that i'd have to telnet into the router to alter ip-maps settings but could not tell me how to do this. i did try telnet into the device but it has no menu driven options so i was out of my league real quick with the configuration options

the other kit I am trying to route to are sonicwall 4060 routers (ideally each with one of the static ip's) but this currently does not work.

Any Help Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭lynchie

Your going to have to place the device in bridge mode and configure the modem to have a static ip using the updated netmask eircom gave you. Once you do that you lose the ability to do nat / firewall etc on the router. Your going to need another routeror PC for NAT. Then you place those machines with public IPs into a DMZ. Alternatively you could use a linux box to both NAT and IP forwarding for the public IPs. There is also a concurrent routing / bridging mode on the netopias but Im not sure what that does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Horus

Eircom only supplied ip addresses so first i need to find out the netmask for the static ip list. the netopia router does not seem to support DMZ but i'm guessing as its in bridge mode that would be the job of the sonicwall?

Advertisement