Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RETAILERS AND SITE OWNERS GET TOGETHER

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭tacops.ie

so is the venue and date now set in stone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

SE Airsoft: 2 persons will definately go, must be daytime (sun up), potentally 3 persons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Anyone who would like to join us the meeting is on at 7pm sharp in the Hertiage hotel in portlaoise on the 23rd. of November.
    Please pm me a mobile phone number and email address and i will pass on an information I have and any details you might need for meeting ,If you have an items you wish to put on agenda please let me know either here on thread or via pm if you so wish.
    Can i just extend my thanks to Stephen Fay for all the help and for helping with the vast legal end of things in getting this set up .
    kind regards Evelyn

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Sorry Evelyn,

Myself and Chris wont be able to attend.7pm would mean 2 days off work , which i just cant swing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

SE Airsoft will not be attending an evening meeting.

It's not easy to get a solicitor to commit to working after 5pm ;)

Clarity on Customs & Excise Charges, I got hit for 90% of the value of the package, package was €50 and paid €32 in import taxes,
    No retailer can accuratly make a price until he/she physicaly has the bill from the Revenue or the carrier.

G-TAC wrote: »
    Anyone who would like to join us the meeting is on at 7pm sharp in the Hertiage hotel in portlaoise on the 23rd. of November.
    Please pm me a mobile phone number and email address and i will pass on an information I have and any details you might need for meeting ,If you have an items you wish to put on agenda please let me know either here on thread or via pm if you so wish.
    Can i just extend my thanks to Stephen Fay for all the help and for helping with the vast legal end of things in getting this set up .
    kind regards Evelyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

tacops.ie wrote: »
    Clarity on Customs & Excise Charges, I got hit for 90% of the value of the package, package was €50 and paid €32 in import taxes,
    No retailer can accuratly make a price until he/she physicaly has the bill from the Revenue or the carrier.

Was the package delivered via UPS?

yes acrtually it was via UPS 2 day shipping from hong kong.
    why do they charge extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

UPS have their own policy regarding customs clerance. If I remember correctly it's something about 13Euro. So 32Euro you have paid is about right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

madmaxi wrote: »

Sorry Madmaxi, just to clarify, in case I misunderstood.....

Were you planning on attending with your own solicitor, or were you referring to Fayer ?

Shiva wrote: »
    Sorry Madmaxi, just to clarify, in case I misunderstood.....

Were you planning on attending with your own solicitor, or were you referring to Fayer ?

Our own solicitor, these things aren't a walk in the park. ;)

Our own solicitor, these things aren't a walk in the park. ;)

Any chance you could come along anyway, and send him the minutes of what was discussed ?

Its basically just a meeting to discuss how to go about starting up, and the more of us there at the off, the better. We can fine tune the intricacies at a later date.

Any chance you could come along anyway, and send him the minutes of what was discussed ?

Its basically just a meeting to discuss how to go about starting up, and the more of us there at the off, the better. We can fine tune the intricacies at a later date.

We've been advised not to go without representation. We can make it during the day time but it's not feasible at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Did I miss something, whats this talk about solicitors? Is this not a simple get together of retailers and site owners?

Steve

Did I miss something, whats this talk about solicitors? Is this not a simple get together of retailers and site owners?

Steve

Nothings ever simple in Irish airsoft Steve.

I'm out folks....to be honest I don't like where this is going, and frankly I can't be arsed getting involved.

Sorry Evelyn...thanks for the attempt to get this going, its appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

On the other hand, a fully qualified solicitor is offering to help us wade through the legal issues involved in setting up an organisation that could be of great benefit to us, for free. I think we'd be very foolish to look that gift horse in the mouth.

No difference for us. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

We've been advised not to go without representation. We can make it during the day time but it's not feasible at night.

Hi Guy's,

I'm pulling out of this. I'm not walking into a situation where people are gearing up to litigate in the future.

I'm a volunteer, I don't have to walk into a mess like this.

Evelyn, I'm sorry, I know you had the community's best interests at heart but the tinfoil hats have soured the good will.

Best of luck guys.

Steve

Please read the post again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Sorry Guy's, people are in the mind set of preparing for litigation on the body I'm just not interested.

No difference for us. :)

The fact that you feel the need to bring a solicitor along to "represent" you speaks volumes to me, and I'm sure many others.

Cant say I blame Fayer taking a step back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Its a terrible shame real progress for all involved is able to be hampered by such silly paranoid carry on. Its difficult to believe this thread is a serious one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

I am totally discussed with this i tried to get us together for our own best intrests and this is the thanks i get I AM OUT OF THIS AS OF NOW .CAN I JUST SAY TO SOME PEOPLE GROW BLOODY UP AND PULL YOUR HORNS IN:mad::mad::mad: its not long ago that we were close to getting this sports of ours banned and if it was not for the likes of Stephen and Dave and all the IAA committee we would not be were we are today .Alot of close mined people seem to forget things that went on a couple of months ago .If it wasnt for the IAA we would not have sites retailers or anything else airsoft related .Thankyou to everyone who said they would attend and sorry it has to come to this ....................................:mad::mad::mad:as of now this meeting is cancelled.
    Regards Evelyn

G-TAC wrote: »
    I am totally discussed with this i tried to get us together for our own best intrests and this is the thanks i get I AM OUT OF THIS AS OF NOW .CAN I JUST SAY TO SOME PEOPLE GROW BLOODY UP AND PULL YOUR HORNS IN:mad::mad::mad: its not long ago that we were close to getting this sports of ours banned and if it was not for the likes of Stephen and Dave and all the IAA committee we would not be were we are today .Alot of close mined people seem to forget things that went on a couple of months ago .If it wasnt for the IAA we would not have sites retailers or anything else airsoft related .Thankyou to everyone who said they would attend and sorry it has to come to this ....................................:mad::mad::mad:as of now this meeting is cancelled.
    Regards Evelyn

Hold on here.... if you read the post above it clearly states that SE Airsoft will not be attending an evening meeting.

Don't use us as skapegoats.............. have your meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭pintplease

Hello All,

okay lads, I'm confused. I thought this was simply a meeting for site owners and shop owners to get together and discuss the....err..."joys" of being involved in the sport. Evelyn I've told you before, I think it's a fabulous idea and praise you for your efforts.
    • I don't understand why this is an evening meeting, I've never had a work meeting past 5pm in my life :). I also think a day time meeting means poeple are more alert and gives all a greater time for discussion.
    • I don't understand all this talk of solicititors..surely any legal questions/points can be deferred to a solicitor as an action point and answer given next meeting or through minutes
    • I really want to see an agenda so I know exactly what I am geeting into
    • I don't understand why people are throwing their toys out their cots when it's impossible to know the intonation of a comment.
    So is it on or off?

:confused:

Its off.

The meeting was initially to discuss setting up a Chamber of Commerce for Airsoft, something which had been planned since about this time last year.

Stephen Fay, the outgoing Legal Liason with the IAA, and also a qualified solicitor, spent a lot of time during the year putting together a rough draft of a constitution for us, and was willing to give his time and expertise free of charge, and help us setup this CoC. However, because he has a day job, he was unable to make it to a day-time meeting, and said he'd be happy to go along to an evening meeting, but wished us luck if we could only do a day-time meeting. Thats why it was arranged for the evening, despite it being awkward for some people - The benefits far outweighed the disadvantages, in my own opinion.

Steven didnt feel comfortable taking part in this meeting once South East Airsoft announced they had intended to bring a solicitor along if it was a daytime meeting. Despite SE Airsoft saying they wouldnt be attending, he decided (quite rightly, imo) to step back from the whole thing for reasons he's outlined above (Its not my place to speak for him).

And since Steven will not be involved, and quite frankly I dont believe any airsoft retailer or site operator in this country has the wherewithal (and I include myself in that) to organise this with any level of competency, I dont want anything more to do with it.

For my part, I'm embarrassed on behalf of Steven Fay, that his generous offer to help was basically thrown back in his face, and embarrassed for myself for not seeing this fiasco coming.

As people in the eye of the airsofting public, we ALL should be above this sort of crap. I'm extremely fed-up and dissillusioned at the carry-on, and I dont blame Evelyn for backing away either.

TNTQ wrote: »
    UPS have their own policy regarding customs clerance. If I remember correctly it's something about 13Euro. So 32Euro you have paid is about right.

So if I used a differant carrier am I likely to pay less import fees

Regards
    Karl
    www.tacops.ie
    info@tacops.ie

tacops.ie wrote: »
    So if I used a differant carrier am I likely to pay less import fees

Regards
    Karl
    www.tacops.ie
    info@tacops.ie

You wont save much....a tenner if you're lucky. They all process the shipments, and the VAT and duty should be the same - the only variable is the admin fee they charge.

If you really want to have a chat about it, start a separate thread in the retailers section and I'll give you any help I can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement