Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Options
  • 29-10-2009 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭irishman123

Picked it up this morning for €33.99 from Argos! :D (A few minutes before that a woman in Smyths told me it wasn't on sale there until tomorrow?!?!?! :eek:)

2 games on 1 disc. Jumped straight into the final episode: The Ballad of Gay Tony and loving it so far! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Is this game stand alone or do you have to have GTA:IV to play it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Is this game stand alone or do you have to have GTA:IV to play it?
    It's a stand-alone game, so it doesn't require the original GTA IV game to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭irishman123

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is this out today or tomorrow? I can download it now but I want to get the lost and the damned aswell so it works out cheaper getting the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Is this out today or tomorrow? I can download it now but I want to get the lost and the damned aswell so it works out cheaper getting the disc.

It's out today - As I said in my initial post...I got it in Argos for €33.99 (Most places are selling it for €40.00!) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

What?!?! thats complete bulls**t!!

On a side note, my god its taking like age to download, only on 62% been downloading nearly an hour...knew i should have downloaded it earlier when everyone was in work!

• Undead wrote: »
    What?!?! thats complete bulls**t!!

On a side note, my god its taking like age to download, only on 62% been downloading nearly an hour...knew i should have downloaded it earlier when everyone was in work!

Crap! I downlaoded the dlc also and theres no new station with it?? Thats really sh*tty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

How much does it cost to get via DLC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Simona1986 wrote: »
    How much does it cost to get via DLC?

1600 points , or if you have np points and buy online and get a good deal €16-€18

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

calex71 wrote: »
    1600 points , or if you have np points and buy online and get a good deal €16-€18

That would be for a single episode though? Double it to get the price for the content you get on the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Another reason to stay away from downloading games. I think everyone should support our retailers and not be ripped off by MS over charging us for downloaded games. If the model MS wants, comes into play, then they can charge what they want. Unlike some people here, I remember the days when new games were a TOTAL rip off. I remember Super Mario Brothers 3 being sold everywhere for £50, the POUNDS in 1990. I do not want a return to those days

This is, without doubt, the game that the original GTA IV with Niko should have been! Fun and non stop action from the word 'go'! IMHO better than San Andreas and Vice City put together!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

very disappointed that the new radio content is on the disc, if anything, the more loyal fans have TLATD already done and dusted and are getting screwed by this. nevertheless, ill rattle on with Gay tony, so far, its been very enjoyable.

Wow!

My favourite GTA game ever!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Loving it so far.

So worth the retail for Vice City FM.

Game is amazing too. Sky diving and explosive shotguns > *

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is Gay Tony as good as TLAD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

silvine wrote: »
    Is Gay Tony as good as TLAD?

So far I don't think so. But I'm only about 5 missions in and although the missions are more fun I just don't like any of the characters yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    very disappointed that the new radio content is on the disc, if anything, the more loyal fans have TLATD already done and dusted and are getting screwed by this. nevertheless, ill rattle on with Gay tony, so far, its been very enjoyable.

Its rockstars fault really, they are doing it in the hope that some people that own the first game and TLATD will buy the disc now to get the extra content.

Cheap move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Can someone confirm if both episodes are stand alone? I have told in shop yesterday that the Gay Tony episode was not.

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if both episodes are stand alone? I have told in shop yesterday that the Gay Tony episode was not.

If you buy the Episodes disc, when you put it in, you are greeted with a Screen split in two. One side has The Lost And Damned, and the other side has The Ballad Of Gay Tony. You just pick which game you'd like to play and it loads up as normal.

There's no disc-switching, installing or any messing around. It works exactly like the original GTA. You don't need to have (or have ever had) the original GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Yea thats true, i downloaded TLATD on release day, now got TBoGT on release day, not to mention got GTA IV at a midnight release, and what do i get in return, cheated out of a radio station, nice move Rockstar.........although in sayint that, TBoGT is amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Sry for reanimating an old thread, but is tBoGT definitely definitely definitely the last GTA IV dlc? I was going to hang on, and see if they released another one next year, along with a box set of all 3 adventures by that point, but something I watched today kept banging on about 'the end of GTA IV', the 'final adventure for Liberty City', etc. If that's the case, I'll go get tBoGT tomorrow, but I'm like the others in this thread, annoyed that going for dlc is costing me extra content, so if there's more to come, I'll hang around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

corblimey wrote: »
    Sry for reanimating an old thread, but is tBoGT definitely definitely definitely the last GTA IV dlc? I was going to hang on, and see if they released another one next year, along with a box set of all 3 adventures by that point, but something I watched today kept banging on about 'the end of GTA IV', the 'final adventure for Liberty City', etc. If that's the case, I'll go get tBoGT tomorrow, but I'm like the others in this thread, annoyed that going for dlc is costing me extra content, so if there's more to come, I'll hang around.

Yes rockstar has confirmed that the ballad of gay tony is going to be the last add on for gta 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

How long of a game is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Perrin wrote: »
    How long of a game is it?
    It takes about 20 hours to complete the lost and the dammed and the ballad of gay tony plus you have mulitplayer and all the other side missions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

So probably worth getting so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Lads can anyone tell me if this is suitable for a 12 year old. I understand that sometimes the certification can sometimes refer to the level of difficulty as well as the content.

I am totally in the dark on this so any advice would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

IBTL

No way in hell is GTA suitable for anyone under 18. Everything about it is gratuitous, sex, violence, drugs, alcohol. Literally the ability to do anything!

That being said I've been playing GTA since I was nine and me and my hatchet are just fine....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement