Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Chrome/Firefox/utorrent/limewire all freezing

• 29-10-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

hey all, having a nightmare recently with my laptop!!

started when I was leaving utorrent downloading, after bout 10-15mins it freezes and is unresponsive and then I cant even close it in the task list processes!!

so I reinstalled that but with same result, then I tried limewire next and it started happening there too, soon after google chrome starting doing the same after 15-20mins, uninstalled that and went back to firefox but now its doing the same too...

ive run error check, disk de-frag, spybot, ad-aware, malware bytes, and then anti-vir anti virus, all coming up with zip so im lost at the mo!!

also tried to do a system restore back a week but it fails and cant complete!!

any suggestions, im outta ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sounds like one of either two possible problems. The computer is riddled with virus' which could be the case as im sure your not using limewire or utorrent to download legal media. Suggest running the pc in safemode and running a decent AV scanner like AVG.

Other possible issue is a hdd on its way out, download hirens boot cd, boot from it and run one of the hdd tests (the one which makes the make of your HDD)

Advertisement