Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long to post a letter to Holland???

Options
  • 29-10-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anybody know how long it takes to post a letter to Holland or main land Europe? Anybody with any knowledge would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Hardly a consumer issue now is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

suppose it depends on how far you are from a post box & how fast you can walk!:D

as for how long it takes a posted letter to reach holland = approx. 2 - 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

By standard mail it normally takes 3-4 days in my experience. I have family living in Holland and I find that is the average although sometimes it can be 2 or sometimes 5. I was told in the post office that Airmail and Standard Mail get sent at the same time by the same plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

4 to 5 days to sent to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Miaireland wrote: »
    By standard mail it normally takes 3-4 days in my experience. I have family living in Holland and I find that is the average although sometimes it can be 2 or sometimes 5. I was told in the post office that Airmail and Standard Mail get sent at the same time by the same plane.

Standard Post to any overseas country IS Airmail.
    There has been no Surface Post for many years.
    There is no way of sending a letter cheaper than the Airmail rate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement