Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenihan's comment re pay vs tax

Options
  • 29-10-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Heard Lenihan commenting today that the unions seemed to be expecting everybody to pay too much tax so that they themselves could take home more money.

It's true, but it'd be more credible if his party didn't condone the likes of O'Donoghue and Harney and Dempsey wasting OUR tax money, the Dail paying themselves far too much, and committing us to paying WAY over the odds for NAMA loans.

Start with the people in your own glasshouse, Lenihan; maybe then we'll all be paying an acceptable level of tax.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Up until the recent levies we are paying an acceptable level tax, I don't think if the expenses process wasn't abused that it would make the slightest bit of difference to the way things are at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

they're behaviour in their own frivelous spending is nothing short of a joke. The thousands they p*ss away on keeping their ''image'' while the people they represent and voted for them are losing homes and jobs. Disgraceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

What makes me laugh is that we had the Tanaiste on the radio a few days ago imploring people who have to feed their families to shop south of the border; the same woman who spent €100,000 odd on a flight to Texas to see the head of Dell. She should have taken a commerical flight, it's not as if there are few flights to Texas from Europe.

Riv

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's nothing new or discursive here. I appreciate that the apparent comment from Lenihan today is "new" but it just leads into and is purely used as an opening for a rant that isn't. 100% of this thread can (or rather has) fit on existing and current threads.

Please exert your own quality control. The alternative is me having to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement