Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission- How long does it last.

Options
  • 29-10-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking to extend to the side of my house. I'm wondering usually how long does it take for planning to go through? Once approved how long does it last for? Does it expire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kidsbo

assuming no further info is requested by Local Authority they must give a notification to grant or refuse not later than 8 weeks from the date of submission of the app. assumimg the notification is not appealed then you will get a final grant of permission/refusal not later than 4 weeks from the date of notification. so, in short, 12 weeks in total assuming there are no hiccups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Expiry of the permission, i.e. the time which you have to build your building, is generally 5 years from date of grant of permission. So if X county council grants you permission for your building on 1 Jan 2005, then you should have it substantially completed by 31 Dec 2009.

Advertisement