Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downstairs toilet

Options
  • 29-10-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'm looking to put an exension on the side of my house. I want to put a small toilet in, does a toilet in an extension need to be wheelchair accessable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

All toilets downstairs are ment to be wheelchair accessable however I have seen toilets that are not even people accessable being declared wheelchair accessable just by the presence of a couple of handles.

Your best bet is to get a copy of the building regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Yeah, all building must comply with Part M of the Building Regulations, relating to the accessability of the building for "people with disabilities" (really, it's accessibility for everybody). Technical Guidance Document M is downloadable from here.

As an aside, all new building must comply with all of the Building Regulations.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

even if you were not to follow the regs. its in your best interest to have to wheelchair accessible.

it does not look any different it takes up a little more room but you never know you may need it some day.

( trust me i had hernia operation done and i needed all the room i could get!!!!)

also if you selling the house makes it a selling point rather than something you have to lie about.

Advertisement