Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife in Cobh

Options
  • 29-10-2009 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, a group of us are heading to Cobh this Friday night for a bit of craic. Any places we should go (or shouldn't) , Is there a nightclub?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭podsieboy

shudnt go full stop lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

2nd that, *hit hole of a place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cobh is great craic, I had one of my stags down there; much to the annoyance of my pub crawl buddies, I'd been trying to get them down there for years. Just keep to the main street and don't get thick with the locals and you'll be fine.

The nightclub is in the Commodore Hotel, make sure you keep your elbows to yourself on the dance floor. Better yet, get a place at the bar, hold on to it for dear life, and watch Cobh life pass you by. It's a laugh a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That's cruel advise Adam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Despite popular perception, Cobh isn't really any worse than just about any other town in the country. Only one disco - the Com - which has a bad rep, partially deserved. The Rob Roy (my fave), Kellys, The Quays (near train station), Ryans (bit old man, but anyway...) are all fine. Kellys would probably be the busiest. Avoid Tarrants, the Lusitania, the Well House and the pub next to Xtravision (can't remember name). If you fancy a sing song with a bunch of auld alcoholics, pop into Connie Doolin's.

These pubs are all down around the waterfront. However, there are also a load of pubs on "top of the hill". These are all generally trouble-free and pretty relaxed. Roaring Donkey and the Quarrycock can be fun. However, some serious climbing will be required to get up there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

don't go........ sh1thole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

An inspiring contribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

The Com is good when it has a crowed but if you get a bad night its absolutly shocking.

The wellhouse on fridays runs a blues night which is quite good,a friend of mine plays bass for one of the groups there and the singer is very good.

The RobRoy is the best pub I'd have to say though,good crowed and music,how ever if your looking for a nice but quiter spot go to Queys,its a bit expensive in there though,if you do ask for a ****...Nicest shot ever:D,and gives a good run of jokes for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I reckon you should start in the Roaring Donkey in the top of the Hill, great spot especially if theres a match on then slowley make you way down town calling at Jack Doyles, the Rob Roy and Kellys and then into the com.
    I'm from Cobh and have never had a bad night out there I does take an aquired taste though... I havent been there since the Regatta but best of luck hope its great craic...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Please, if you haven't gotten something useful to say, then don't bother posting. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement