Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Niice! Where'd you get a modded ps2 in this day and age if you don't mind me asking?

I just got A.M.O.K for the Saturn. Haven't a clue what it's like. Was just €1.50 and in Ireland so I couldn't help bidding :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I probably shouldn't say, it wasn't entirely with the rules of Adverts you see. This chap was selling his console and although he didn't say it was modded, it turned out it was. Cost 55 euro plus a NTSC-J copy of Rez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Shinobi III, that's another game that was never too expensive. I never got around to picking it up though...really regret that!

A friend of mine picked me up a Megadrive II with all leads and controllers at a car boot sale today. Score!

/Edit - just got an update on that Megadrive. It's still in it's original box, everything is bagged. Looks brand new.

Awesome! Do post pics.

Ima start cutting chunks out of the MD i got in England tomorrow. Also debating on whether to paint it white and splatter red paint on it.

Master of the Universe

Box corners are a bit knocked but apart from that it's in great condition -

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

Here's the real jewel of the find though, a PAL game I've been trying to get for ages - Radical Rex. Not only is it CIB, it's minty good!

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

Also got a Sonic plush and two official Pokemon planner diary thingies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There has been a Rocket Knight Adventures hole in my Megadrive collection for too many years!

About bloody time. My second favourite megadrive game ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

I got this replacment PS2 in Gamestop for 30 euro yesturday and it's as good as new...
    It is a late phat model V9 with built in IR support, improved laser & can play DVD-R's aswell:D

[IMG][/img]PS2v9.jpg

I thought they all could play DVD-R's?

Got Wolfchild and Formula 1 Championship: Beyond the Limit for the Sega Mega CD in the post today.

I be happy.

Tomcat Alley for the Sega Mega CD also came in today : D

Nice PS2 :) Now's the time to stock up on PS2 games as well as they're dirt cheap everywhere these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Now's the time to stock up on PS2 games as well as they're dirt cheap everywhere these days.

Too right it is, before the game shops get rid of all the second hand games as well. :( Unfortunately for me I just got eBay/PayPal set up so that's me ruined for the foreseeable future. :P Copy of Micro Machines on the way from Holland now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Nice PS2 :) Now's the time to stock up on PS2 games as well as they're dirt cheap everywhere these days.

Most definitly, I'll be going to Dublin for a concert in May so stock taking then!

Master of the Universe

Most definitly, I'll be going to Dublin for a concert in May so stock taking then!

Wouldn't happen to be Kiss would it? If it is I shall see you there in full makeup and leather. :pac:

If not..forget I said anything!

On topic, I picked up Gradius V today..just for Retr0. I hope it lives up to the hype...

It sure is Kiss, how could i pass up a opertunity to see kiss!

on topic, just for retr0, I have still not picked up Graduis V

Master of the Universe

Nice weather so I thought I'd try and get some decent pics of the lock on units.

DSC_0024-2.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0039-1.jpg

I remember those, I always wanted one!

They look awesome!!

In all fairness though if I had them I'd just run around shouting "Pew Pew Pew!" all the time :P

Master of the Universe

Yeah me too. I can remember the ad would come on the tv and I'd hassle my mam to buy some. Never did though!

They go for cheap enough whenever they turn up on ebay. Wasn't much more than 20 euro for the pair.

They all work together. So you can buy loads and have a giant game.

Just means I no longer have to run around my house denting the walls with airsoft bbs :D

I remember the TV ads for those Sega Lock-Ons years ago in the md 90's. They looked the business! I always wanted them.
    I was given a Tyco Fast Traxx instead which was also the business :D

Master of the Universe

I am annoyed :mad:

The last Ps1 analog pad I bought came today. They sent out a standard dual shock pad instead. This is what happens when idiots use photographs they get from google rather than taking a photograph of the item!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I was having a look through the contents of that boxed Megadrive II my mate picked up.

Lifted up the cardboard and found a plastic pack underneath. Just thought it was the instructions and the like, but to my suprise, included was that iconic poster you got with Sonic 1. In totally perfect condition.

My own one is lost in time (it went straight up on my wall the day I got my Megadrive).

Think I'll buy a nice frame and put it on the wall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I want a report back about how awesome Gradius V is!

Bought this today, class game

[IMG][/img]outrun.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

After searching for three years in car boot sales and the likes, I finally gave in and bought Tombi! on eBay:

tombi_cover_pal.jpg

It did set be back €61, but I don't mind that. There is a story behind that game that I'm not going to type here :D I'll just say that it's going to bring back a lot of memories, like most retro games do.

Master of the Universe

Congrats! Great game. For 61 I take it it's in good condition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Congrats! Great game. For 61 I take it it's in good condition?

The picture looked good anyway. :) PAL version, Original box and manual included, and the seller has a good reputation, so it should be alright.

Only problem now is that black cloud over England which is stopping flights. (The seller was from England). I'll have to wait a few days for it to arrive. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

got capcom V snk 2000 and 2001 for the dreamcast today

Just got Garfied: Caught in the Act and Toughman Constest, mind for the MD today :D

Bought night trap on the mega cd. Got the same game on the 32x last week just so i can compare the 2.

Master of the Universe

Picked up a version 1 MD on ebay. Supposedly it's powering up but displaying a snowy picture. I am hoping it's just the guy unable to tune it in on his TV with a crappy AV cable.

One RGB scart connection may do the trick.

Plus it's one of the early 'high def graphics' models with the best sound out. Fingers crossed I get get her working :)

I saw that auction, but I figured it would be broken. I would like to have a version 1 MD console, those are the best.

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    I saw that auction, but I figured it would be broken. I would like to have a version 1 MD console, those are the best.

Is that a fact or opinion? I wouldn't know.

Master of the Universe

Yep, best sound and video. As the consoles became cheaper, so did the parts used.

The best of the best is the one I just bid on. It has 'high definition graphics' written over the cart slot. They're the very first MD consoles released and by far the best.

It's my personal opinion and only for MD consoles. I really like the look of the Mk I, plus it has a headphones input. Mostly it's because I had one as a child and got great mileage out of it.

SegaMegadrive.jpg

segamegadrive02.jpg

The Mk II is a bit more sleek, think it weighs less too but feels a little flimsy to me. There is nothing really wrong with either version, it's just a matter of taste.

Yeah I had the 1st one back in the day, given up hope of finding it at this point alas.

Master of the Universe

Augmerson wrote: »

The Mk II is a bit more sleek, think it weighs less too but feels a little flimsy to me. There is nothing really wrong with either version, it's just a matter of taste.

There's actually a huge difference between some units. Some are muck.

I'm not going to get into it here for fear of derailing this thread, but for anyone interested, read this -

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7796

There's actually a huge difference between some units. Some are muck.

I'm not going to get into it here for fear of derailing this thread, but for anyone interested, read this -

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7796

+1, MD1 "High Definition" version is the best IMO

Master of the Universe

Just picked up a CIB copy of Zombies Ate My Neighbours for the MD from Ebay Germany. Finally found a price I was happy paying. People are looking for silly money.

zombiesate.jpg

Just picked up a CIB copy of Zombies Ate My Neighbours for the MD from Ebay Germany. Finally found a price I was happy paying. People are looking for silly money.

I have bought loads of games from ebay Germany. The prices are generally lot lot less than UK

zombiesate.jpg

How much did that set you back? Saw it in a bundle earlier, thought it seemed underpriced altogether.

Great game, and a great one to add to the collection.

Got a few new games myself today too :P

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

7.50 for the game and 4.50 for postage from Germany. So €12 in total. Not too bad compared to some of the other prices I've seen.

What games you get Jack?

Ah i got about 21 MD games and 4 MCD games

Master of the Universe

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I take it you're mr 6 feedback

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

If it wasn't for me bidding 15 euro on those Sega CD games you'd have gotten them for 1c!

yep :D well I was at a wedding last night, got back around 8 this morning and i was headin off again at about 1 to a BBQ so I couldnt snipe it and just put on fairly big max bid this morning.

Put 55.50 on the MD games and 25.50 on the MCD games, didnt expect to win at all but came home and checked it. They went for a bit cheaper than that too

I is a happy boy!

If it wasn't for me bidding 15 euro on those Sega CD games you'd have gotten them for 1c!

No he wouldn't, I put in a €4 bid at the end. :pac:

Master of the Universe

You got a pretty good deal on all that. I'd be happy too :)

I decided not to go near the MD games in the end. Put a cap of 15 on the Mega CD games as the only one I really wanted was Night Trap.

Anyway, enjoy! Take lots of pics!

will do, should have them some time this week

I decided not to go near the MD games in the end. Put a cap of 15 on the Mega CD games as the only one I really wanted was Night Trap.

I have a spare " back up " copy of Night Trap if you want it for nothing. Bought the original last week

Master of the Universe

Warren3 wrote: »
    I have a spare " back up " copy of Night Trap if you want it for nothing. Bought the original last week

Cheers! I'll send you a pm now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

bought some snes games.

Desert strike ntsc

and in another auction of 5 pal titles

nigel mansell's world chapionship racing

super mario world

super mario cart

winter olympics

fifa international soccer

This discussion has been closed.