Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

im done buying snes games, for now. just realised how much i spent this week on em :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I'm at about €200 on games in total in the last 2 weeks, and just after buying some more.

But sure **** it, better than spending it on drink and "bad things" like i used to, and plus I get paid for graphic design stuff via paypal and I cant take it out of there so I HAVE to spent it on games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just got:

NES + Pad + all cables
    Megaman 2
    Robocop 2

Mega Drive II + 2 Pads + Power cable
    Sonic 1, 2, 3 & knuckles top loader

€20 :)

Nes had Red light, bent the pins and works fine, power was wonkey on the MD, nothing a bitta solder won't fix :)

Very happy...

I now have a spare MD2, sonic 2 and Megaman 2 if anyone's interested

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd just like to apologize in advance for the forthcoming emotional outburst.

Aliensoldier.jpg

It's mine!!!!!

MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINE

MINE!!!!

/Dance

:pac:

Nice. I was playing that and Probotector earlier on an emulator. I didn't think they'd be so difficult, particularly Probotector. It nearly reduced me to tears. :p

I saw a copy of Alien Soldier on ebay the other day from a German seller. It went for 50 in total including postage. The only problem was they didn't accept paypal. Germans and their bank transfers. :mad:

I won a couple of MD games that I wanted on ebay earlier, The Lost World and Mickey Mania. It came to about 3 pounds for both. I log on to see the postage costs and the seller, in England, is trying to charge me 10 pounds on postage. There's no way I'm paying 10 for something that costs like 3.50. Bloody chancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice. I was playing that and Probotector earlier on an emulator. I didn't think they'd be so difficult, particularly Probotector. It nearly reduced me to tears. :p

Probotector/Contra Hard Corps is one of the best shooters for the system. It's hard but rewarding ;) Good feeling when you finish a level.
    I saw a copy of Alien Soldier on ebay the other day from a German seller. It went for 50 in total including postage. The only problem was they didn't accept paypal. Germans and their bank transfers. :mad:

Hah! Weird one, I was set to bid on that. When it came down to 5 minutes, I decided to check the auction one last time to make sure everything was legit. It was only then that I noticed that they didn't accept paypal. It was only on about 30 euro, but I didn't bid as those IBAN bank transfers are a pain. Decided to delete it from my ebay list as it would have killed me if it ended dirt cheap. Glad to hear it cost that in the end :)

I won a couple of MD games that I wanted on ebay earlier, The Lost World and Mickey Mania. It came to about 3 pounds for both. I log on to see the postage costs and the seller, in England, is trying to charge me 10 pounds on postage. There's no way I'm paying 10 for something that costs like 3.50. Bloody chancer.

To send one game from the UK costs about 3.50. Two games should be 7 or so..ten does seem like a bit much.

Master of the Universe

My sister dropped the 'broken' Megadrive V 1 out to me today that I bought on ebay for pratically nothing.

It boots up and works perfectly. I reckon the guy who was testing it was doing so on an LCD and it wasn't working properly.

DSC_0004.jpg

Best thing about it though, it's one of the first release PAL models. So it has the best sound/picture quality and (This was a suprise), it's a non-TmSS model! So when you boot it up it goes straight into the game and you don't have to sit through that 'Produced by or under license from Sega Enterprises Ltd.' screen that all the other models have.

I'm a very happy bunny. Only down side at the moment though is I only have an RF cable for it. I haven't used RF in a very long time and actually got a bit of a shock. It made my eyes bleed.

those non-TmSS models are fairly hard to come by, I have a MD1 on the way soon, be nice if it was the same kind :P

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got BORDER DOWN
    IKARUGA
    PSYVARIAR 2
    ZERO GUNNER 2 for the dreamcast.

Master of the Universe

Warren3 wrote: »
    Got BORDER DOWN
    IKARUGA
    PSYVARIAR 2

:eek:

• Advertisement

i got somthing, its not gaming related though, ill post anyway :P:P

24257_384321193612_726913612_3974820_5211156_n.jpg

haha nice, please can you do a sonic paint scheme on it?!

Master of the Universe

Nice one Weeder! I guess it kind of fills the retro part of arcade and retro.. ;)

Got BORDER DOWN
    IKARUGA
    PSYVARIAR 2

I just want to :eek:again in case my last one went unnoticed. That's quite an amazing list of Dreamcast games. Especially Border Down. You should have no problem affording those few rare 32X games ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I just want to :eek:again in case my last one went unnoticed. That's quite an amazing list of Dreamcast games. Especially Border Down. You should have no problem affording those few rare 32X games ;)

Haha yeah o1s1n I think they heard your jaw dropping all the way over in the sys category :P

Feel a bit of a fraud. Had no idea these games where so rare. They are only back up copies....................

:(

• Advertisement

Feel a bit of a fraud. Had no idea these games where so rare. They are only back up copies....................

Master of the Universe

HAHAHAHA!

Awh, I thought you were just after dropping several hundred Euro on four games. :(

I just checked on ebay. They all go for a fortune.

Thought they where just run of the mill games.

Never usual buy back up copies as a rule. I much prefer the originasl but a friend of mine recommended these so I thought I would give them a go.............

In future i will only put up the genuine article. I promise!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Universe

Looks like that Sonic Crackers Prototype will soon be mine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Well I was buying up those original ps1 analog pads (The pre dual shock rare ones)because they go for cheap when people don't know what they are, but sell for a bit when people know what they are. If you get me.

Jesus christ.

What's special about the pre-dual shock ones?

I bought Time Crisis for 50pence in a charity shop in Britain. Also got a Dreamcast there for a fiver with cables and two controllers included and it works!

• Advertisement

What's special about the pre-dual shock ones?

I bought Time Crisis for 50pence in a charity shop in Britain. Also got a Dreamcast there for a fiver with cables and two controllers included and it works!

They were only out for a very short time before they were replaced by the dual shock. No one really knows their value so why not grab one cheap :)

Awesome finds btw!

Master of the Universe

I bought that Sonic Crackers prototype. :eek:

Total moment of insanity, but I think that if I let it pass me up I'd really regret it.

****ING HELL! I cant believe you actully got it.

Going to sell it on or keep a hold of it?

Master of the Universe

I buy things like this with the intention of selling it on at some point. But as you said, I'll more than likely take it to the grave :pac:

There are only 10 or so known copies in the world. I'll be taking a billion photos of it once it arrives :)

Oh wow, thats quite exciting o1s! Enjoy it!

Yeah even though I would like it I just wouldnt get it, wouldnt be into the prototypes.

But if your ever going to sell it let me know

Master of the Universe

The problem with prototypes is once you buy one you want more. It's the reason I've stayed away from them for years..(Well that and not being able to afford any!)

If there was ever one I was going to buy, be it the combination of price and game title, this is it.

Now I'm just going to have to invest in a fireproof case and a big padlock so I can lock it to something :D

Haha, get like a bank-grade safe or something :P

Master of the Universe

I was thinking a glass podium surrounded by trip lasers connected to a few death machines.

I can see you and Sera now, weaving in an out of the lasers in your cat suits. Nothing is safe from you two :(

I was thinking a glass podium surrounded by trip lasers connected to a few death machines.

I can see you and Sera now, weaving in an out of the lasers in your cat suits. Nothing is safe from you two :(

Damn straight, we're better than the "Playstation the best" range in Japan.

l_p1011015745.jpg

• Advertisement

They were only out for a very short time before they were replaced by the dual shock. No one really knows their value so why not grab one cheap :)

Awesome finds btw!

So they had the control sticks but didn't have any kinda rumble/shock/shake thingy? They just sound like an anomaly. Curious enough for a collector I suppose but to the casual retro gamer not much point if they don't do anything different - vibration can be turned off in most games.

Master of the Universe

So they had the control sticks but didn't have any kinda rumble/shock/shake thingy? They just sound like an anomaly. Curious enough for a collector I suppose but to the casual retro gamer not much point if they don't do anything different - vibration can be turned off in most games.

Nope, there's a lot more to it than that.

They have much longer, more comfortable handles. The Japanese didn't like them as they thought they were too big so they were redesigned. They fit our big western hands well though.

The analog sticks have inverted grooves rather than rubberized tops. Also more comfortable if you ask me.

The shoulder buttons are a bit smaller, it's the one down side of the controller. They also have these lump things on the bottom of them that I'm fairly sure are missing from the dual shock.

The analog button also has another feature. Rather than just being a red light for on and none for off, there's an added green light if you press it twice. This lets you put the analog stick into flight mode and it mimics the early ps1 analog flight stick. This feature was also taken out of the dual shock.

So yeah, they're great pads. The best feature of them is the elongated handles. It's just much more comfotable.

The Japanese version of it actually has the rumble feature included. They just took it out for the western release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Picked up Urban Strike for the SNES on eBay. never played it before, but was a fan of Desert and Jungle Strike for the MD. Should I get my hopes up that this will be good?

Master of the Universe

Yep, it's a great game.

The bits where you're out of the helicopter running around are naff, but the rest of the game is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Killzone on the PS2 in today from fleabay. Customs, either here or in the UK had a right rummage through the package containing the game, it was resealed but the disc was loose inside the case and it looked like they even took out the inside sleeve, probably to check it wasn't dipped in acid or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I know it's not overly retro at all but I got Rock Band 2 for the ps2, 3 quid in town! Thank you backward compatible instruments!

Also got Tales of Phantasia for the GBA and Alundra for the ps1. Alundra's box is wrecked though with no manual :(

lookie what suprised me today in the post :D

DSCN2031.jpg

all complete and mint

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

lookie what suprised me today in the post :D

DSCN2031.jpg

all complete and mint

Did you get these from Ebay? They look to be in perfect condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Picked up Urban Strike for the SNES on eBay. never played it before, but was a fan of Desert and Jungle Strike for the MD. Should I get my hopes up that this will be good?

Ha, just realised that it was the MD version not the SNES version I bought. Lost out on a couple of auctions for the SNES so tried the MD and had better luck. Looking forward to this arriving now.

• Advertisement

Did you get these from Ebay? They look to be in perfect condition.

Nope, adverts :D

Ha, just realised that it was the MD version not the SNES version I bought. Lost out on a couple of auctions for the SNES so tried the MD and had better luck. Looking forward to this arriving now.

got desert strike the other day. some memories.

Nope, there's a lot more to it than that.

They have much longer, more comfortable handles. The Japanese didn't like them as they thought they were too big so they were redesigned. They fit our big western hands well though.

The analog sticks have inverted grooves rather than rubberized tops. Also more comfortable if you ask me.

The shoulder buttons are a bit smaller, it's the one down side of the controller. They also have these lump things on the bottom of them that I'm fairly sure are missing from the dual shock.

The analog button also has another feature. Rather than just being a red light for on and none for off, there's an added green light if you press it twice. This lets you put the analog stick into flight mode and it mimics the early ps1 analog flight stick. This feature was also taken out of the dual shock.

So yeah, they're great pads. The best feature of them is the elongated handles. It's just much more comfotable.

The Japanese version of it actually has the rumble feature included. They just took it out for the western release.

So what kinda price are we looking at for them? I'm not into rip off retro gear so what's a fair price, what's a bargain price and what's a rip off? Ie. what did you buy them for and what are you going to sell one for :p
    Augmerson wrote: »
    Killzone on the PS2 in today from fleabay. Customs, either here or in the UK had a right rummage through the package containing the game, it was resealed but the disc was loose inside the case and it looked like they even took out the inside sleeve, probably to check it wasn't dipped in acid or something.

Customs opened a package from the UK? Was it genuinely the UK or one of the channel Islands? If it was the UK then that's within the EU and it's very strange for them to be opening packages originating within the EU especially from Britain.

Master of the Universe

So what kinda price are we looking at for them? I'm not into rip off retro gear so what's a fair price, what's a bargain price and what's a rip off? Ie. what did you buy them for and what are you going to sell one for :p

They all cost me under a tenner ;)

People who have them don't know they're worth more than normal controllers. Many people just think they're dual shocks. If you keep your eye out you should get one cheap.

Master of the Universe

A logitech keyboard with controls and an analog stick on either end? That is one of the most stupid looking things I've ever seen.

I must have one!!! :D

Got my skeleton Sonic shirt today in the post. It rocks.

The Sonic Crackers proto has been posted and is currently on the way. It's weird, I'm so excited about getting that I'd actually completely forgotten that Alien Soldier should be here this week too. Just happened to see it in my ebay watch list..excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

Dont think we are ever going to top obtaining a prototype in a collection,but here we go anyway, msx2 Philips,and a better stock photo of it
    philips_vg-8235.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Customs opened a package from the UK? Was it genuinely the UK or one of the channel Islands? If it was the UK then that's within the EU and it's very strange for them to be opening packages originating within the EU especially from Britain.

It was from within the UK. I dunno why they opened, probably some kind of search they have to do, I get alot of packages to my address.

Master of the Universe

Nice msx2! Ebay I take it? Not exactly something you'd find in a carboot over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

I think im nearly done with collecting,have most of the crap now,yup imported in,legendary machine,kinda "forgotten" in microsofts history,msx2 has more ram,philips machine was modded to a double density floppy drive,and works on european powersupply since the machine was big in holland and course philips being dutch,one of the famous games was snatcher,needs SCC cart tho,anyways heres some footage,really amazing stuff for 1988,good emulator is blue msx,oh and check out the konami msx collections on your psx one and sega saturn*which leaves out metal gear+castlevania off the collection

and i wonder what 1986 msx game this is ;)

Master of the Universe

And so ends my splurge on Megadrive games -

duke3d.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement