Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I've the PS1 version and I like it. See I wasn't really a PC gamer - aside from Diablo, Decent and Duke Nukem- so it was the PS1 that first introduced me to shooting games and just adult/teenage themed games in general. Megadrive was always a kiddy's console to me with the Sonics and Eccos of the world and I never even knew anyone that had a Saturn.

All this talk of PS1 and Alien trilogy has me thinking I'll dig it out and have a game :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I just won True Lies and Universal Solider for the Megadrive for about €9 each,

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190378384254&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

never really saw this before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Funny all this talk of Alien Trilogy. I just had a copy for the PS1 arrive from eBay today. Part of my attempt to rebuild the collection I used to have.

I got Need for Speed Most Wanted, Die Hard Vendetta and Smackdown Shut yr Mouth for PS2 for 4quid. Also got a few Xbox games off of Adverts - Star Wars Knights of Old Republic and Fable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Bought 41 Ps1 game's on ebay on Saturday,I'll post a pic when they arrive,fingers crossed I'll be tomorrow.Fair play to the seller,he said he would also throw in a couple of PSone memory cards and an action replay cartridge for free. The games were..........

Alone in the Dark - A new nightmare
    Discworld 2
    Pocket Fighter
    Abe's Exodus
    Soul Blade
    Duke Nukem - A Time to Kill
    Fade To Black
    Heart Of Darkness - With 3D Glasses
    Command Conquer - Red Alert
    Star Wars - Rebel Assault 2
    Atari Collection Volume 1
    Star Wars - Dark Forces
    Exhumed
    Shadow Man
    Broken Sword 2 x 2
    Overblood
    Dino Crisis 2
    Duke Nukem Land of the Babes
    Apocalypse
    Command and Conquer Retaliation
    Alone in the Dark Jacks Back
    Command and Conquer
    Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
    Chase the Express
    Spec Ops
    Dragon Valor
    Help Collection - Broken Sword 1, Road Rash, Myst
    CT Special Forces
    Tekken
    Hidden and Dangerous
    Tomb Raider 3
    ODT
    Tenchu Stealth Assasins
    Future Cop LAPD
    Worms
    Front Mission 3
    G-Police
    Necornomicon
    Capcom vs Snk Pro
    Namco Museum Vol 4. - Pac-Land,Assault,Ordyne,The Return of Ishtar,The Genji and the Heike Clans

Total came to €48. €40 for the games and €8 for postage,sweeeet:D

That's a lot of bloody games! Are you going to play them all through? Have you completed them before? or are you just buying to sell on?

Blloody wow! that's a lotta games :D

I want to get Tenchu Stealth Assassins. I saw it in a charity shop in England for a pound and forgot to go back for it after.

Bought 41 Ps1 game's on ebay on Saturday,I'll post a pic when they arrive,fingers crossed I'll be tomorrow.Fair play to the seller,he said he would also throw in a couple of PSone memory cards and an action replay cartridge for free. The games were..........

Alone in the Dark - A new nightmare
    Discworld 2
    Pocket Fighter
    Abe's Exodus
    Soul Blade
    Duke Nukem - A Time to Kill
    Fade To Black
    Heart Of Darkness - With 3D Glasses
    Command Conquer - Red Alert
    Star Wars - Rebel Assault 2
    Atari Collection Volume 1
    Star Wars - Dark Forces
    Exhumed
    Shadow Man
    Broken Sword 2 x 2
    Overblood
    Dino Crisis 2
    Duke Nukem Land of the Babes
    Apocalypse
    Command and Conquer Retaliation
    Alone in the Dark Jacks Back
    Command and Conquer
    Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
    Chase the Express
    Spec Ops
    Dragon Valor
    Help Collection - Broken Sword 1, Road Rash, Myst
    CT Special Forces
    Tekken
    Hidden and Dangerous
    Tomb Raider 3
    ODT
    Tenchu Stealth Assasins
    Future Cop LAPD
    Worms
    Front Mission 3
    G-Police
    Necornomicon
    Capcom vs Snk Pro
    Namco Museum Vol 4. - Pac-Land,Assault,Ordyne,The Return of Ishtar,The Genji and the Heike Clans

Total came to €48. €40 for the games and €8 for postage,sweeeet:D

thats a nice haul! few there that i would like.

got some stuff myself aswell today

Demolition Man ( megadrive )
    X-men 2 Clone Wars ( megadrive )
    Tenchu 1 & 2 ( PS1 )
    Fear Effect ! & 2 ( PS1 )
    Alone in the Dark The new nightmare ( PS1 )

They'll all get played at some stage (over the next ten years probably) but the games I'm looking foward to playing the most are Abe's Exodus and Namco Museum Vol 4.Man did I love playing Pacland back in the day,I'll probably be crap at it now though lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

The PacLand port rocks, it's as close to the Arcade version as you'll get:pac:

• Advertisement

They'll all get played at some stage (over the next ten years probably) but the games I'm looking foward to playing the most are Abe's Exodus and Namco Museum Vol 4.Man did I love playing Pacland back in the day,I'll probably be crap at it now though lol.
    Ah Abe!!!

"Hello" "Follow me!"

I mentioned a little while ago that I was going to start to rebuild my old collection. The following are some pictures of what has arrived. There is other stuff in the post.

4578642969_d41900f251.jpg
    I never actually had a Game Boy Micro but when I saw it on eBay I just had to get it. It is in pretty good shape and everything was included in the box.

4578640655_dc1c020fe9.jpg
    I got these three games to go with the GB Micro. They are all in fantastic condition, not a scratch on the boxes at all.

4579271920_6e8d887bc7.jpg
    I used to own both of these. I do remember that Alien Trilogy gave me motion sickness.

4578648253_428fff1146.jpg
    These are the only Mega Drive games I have left from years ago. Not sure where the others went. Pity that the ones that are missing are the ones I'd play again.

4578650999_f8bfd571b6.jpg
    I got this ages ago with the intention of playing it on the Wii. I only realised later that you need a GameCube controller and memory card.

I have a good bit of other stuff to arrive aswell. I spent a good while this past weekend organising all my old stuff, the new items I've bought and my games from this current generation of consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Landed today, very happy!

Carts.jpg

Carts2.jpg

I need to start using a digital camera. And if anyone can tell me how to scale down Photobucket pics I'd appreciate it!:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

atariman wrote: »
    Landed today, very happy!

Carts.jpg

Carts2.jpg

I need to start using a digital camera. And if anyone can tell me how to scale down Photobucket pics I'd appreciate it!:pac:
    nice stuff there , always loved the activision carts , pity that they nearly always succumb to actiplaque though..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Absolutely loved this game:
    wingsk.jpg

Present for the bro (that i'll hold onto :)):
    northsouth.jpg

Was missing the book for the top one, saw this on ebay and got it:
    mgsh.jpg

Curious to play this:
    plok.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Plok is great! One of my favourite SNES games when I was younger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I mean't to say I got Viewtiful Joe the other day but when I popped into the thread everybody was showing off really cool stuff. It's like when you go into the men's jax and everybody has a big lead pipe swinging around and you've just got some wavin and you feel inadequate :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got my hands on a few new bits today in the post from boardsies!

GBA SP Nes version & a mini Sonic figure (Thanks Atavan!)

Night Trap (Thans Warren3!)

Eternal Champions (Thanks Jack burton!)

Edit - forgot to mention, I also finally got the Street Fighter 2: Champ edition jamma board up and running today on my cab. (Thanks Enternow!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

Andrew! you amiga fan too :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fred83 wrote: »
    Andrew! you amiga fan too :D

Sure am! :)
    We bought one 2nd hand back in the day, brought us many happy memories. Remember it had a temperamental keyboard that sometimes decided not to work though, eventually had to bring it into Parnell St. to get fixed in some tiny shop under ground, was on the same side as where the old two-storey Peats used to be I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

cool which model you have?

Master of the Universe

Got a few more CIB Megadrive games -

Dynamite Headdy
    Arrow Flash
    Hellfire

Also got a CPS1 kick harness. After putting SF2 in my cab yesterday I fell in love with the game. I realized why I hadn't been enjoying it for years - it needs to be in a cab! And that was just with me being limited to the punch buttons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

o1s1n wrote: »
    Got a few more CIB Megadrive games -

Dynamite Headdy
    Arrow Flash
    Hellfire

Also got a CPS1 kick harness. After putting SF2 in my cab yesterday I fell in love with the game. I realized why I hadn't been enjoying it for years - it needs to be in a cab! And that was just with me being limited to the punch buttons!

Missed out on Dynamite Headdy and a couple of others at £0.99 and £1.99 a few weeks back, was sickened. Is it a dupe, surprised you wouldn't already have it tbh!

Master of the Universe

amacachi wrote: »
    Missed out on Dynamite Headdy and a couple of others at £0.99 and £1.99 a few weeks back, was sickened. Is it a dupe, surprised you wouldn't already have it tbh!

It cost me 6 pounds. But I got those games from the same seller and he posted it all for free.

There are a list of titles I'm embarassed to say I don't have. Dynamite Headdy was one of them!

Hellfire is also a kick ass shooter. Quite possibly one of the consoles best. And it also goes for dirt cheap.

It cost me 6 pounds. But I got those games from the same seller and he posted it all for free.

There are a list of titles I'm embarassed to say I don't have. Dynamite Headdy was one of them!

Hellfire is also a kick ass shooter. Quite possibly one of the consoles best. And it also goes for dirt cheap.

You'd best have Toejam and Earl and Power Rangers or I have no respect for you. :pac:
    Yeah, cheapest including delivery up at the moment is about 11 quid, even with it being **** all it's still just above what I can really afford right now.
    Ah well, long summer ahead to get more games!

Theres a lot of MD games in embarressed to not have. A complete sonic 1 for example :(

We should make a list of essential games for different consoles!

Master of the Universe

I had a CIB Sonic 1 when I was a kid. Lent it to the 'bully' up the road..got it back with no book :(

Just like my worms armageddon i lent to a friend, came back with half the ps1 case missing.

I think im the only peron i know who really looks after stuff i got a loan of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

GT4, Metroid Prime and a Cube memory card are currently out of stock at 'Halens game rentals.

Should probably get them back before anything goes missing :P

I had a CIB Sonic 1 when I was a kid. Lent it to the 'bully' up the road..got it back with no book :(

I have seen the abbreviation CIB a few times on the forum. What does it mean?

I have seen the abbreviation CIB a few times on the forum. What does it mean?

Complete in box, though I've never asked or looked it up. :pac:

When I got Sonic 1 and 2 a couple of weeks ago they're both CIB, one with a poster, can't remember which. And Micro Machines has a load of little books for keeping scores for tournaments, and one of the 2600 games I got still has a 99c off offer, think it expired in 1983. :pac: Love old trivial things. :)

These arrived safe and sound today.All,except one, were complete and only about 4 had slightly damaged cases.The seller even threw in 5 memory cards,an action replay thingy,2 demo disc's and road rash 3d(no case) for free.I haven't had a bargain like this on ebay for a little while so it was a nice buy for €48.Result:D

DSCF0652.jpg?t=1273170612

DSCF0655.jpg?t=1273170838

Thats nice man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Ah Broken Sword 2, great game. My copy is knackered though, freezes and crashes like 2/3 into the game so never completed it.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

How the **** did you get all that for €48?!!?!?!

Future Cop LAPD usually goes for about 20 sterling on its own.

Lovely stuff man, well done. Please tell me it wasn't an Irish seller, I may cry!

again why does it go for £20? that game is not rare, I remember it being everywhere back in the day, which wasnt that long ago!

Master of the Universe

I think it had a low enough print run actually. Something similar to Castlevania SOTN. They're not rare, but they're not Tomb Raider/Tekken/Metal Gear Solid everywhere.

Plus it has a bit of a cult following as it's a pretty good game.

Start crying o1s1n as he was in Dublin lol.€40 buy in now, for the games,and €8 P+P.The auction was listed at €10 starting, but attracted no bids for two days:eek:,I could'nt believe my luck.I'll post the auction link shortly. Believe me,the picture doesn't do them justice as there's not a scratch on the disc's and to get them with the manuals was a major bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Start crying o1s1n as he was in Dublin lol.€40 buy in now, for the games,and €8 P+P.The auction was listed at €10 starting, but attracted no bids for two days:eek:,I could'nt believe my luck.I'll post the auction link shortly. Believe me,the picture doesn't do them justice as there's not a scratch on the disc's and to get them with the manuals was a major bonus.

Well there goes o1s1n from ever posting here again :pac:

Awesome bargain! Enjoy!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Wow, fair play, I didn't see it at all.

Have never heard of Dragon Valor. Seems to be worth more than an average ps1 game.

Just noticed too, no sports games! Talk about the perfect lot.

Oh sh1t i was thinking about g police :S, im too tired tonight.

Still though I would have bought this up in a minute if i had seen it! :(

Just bought some MD games, kind of wished I hadnt now haha, i promice im not buying for a little while now

Mortal Komabt 2 & 3
    Mystic Defender
    Power Rangers the Movie
    Muhammed Ali Boxing

Just bought some MD games, kind of wished I hadnt now haha, i promice im not buying for a little while now

Mortal Komabt 2 & 3
    Mystic Defender
    Power Rangers the Movie
    Muhammed Ali Boxing

Is that Mighty Morphing Power Rangers? Think that's the excellent one.

Aye it's kickass.

Ah well thats good to know, got the games for fairly good prices, about €5 each but the shipping is after costing my like €14 :(

Master of the Universe

Feck, that's a lot on shipping. From the UK I take it? The three games I bought from the Uk yesterday cost me zero postage. Mad the difference between sellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Future Cop LAPD usually goes for about 20 sterling on its own.
    He also got Front Mission 3 in that bundle, which is easily £15. Excellent bargain, Dark Savior!

Some great games in there: Exhumed, Oddworld, G-Police.

Feck, that's a lot on shipping. From the UK I take it? The three games I bought from the Uk yesterday cost me zero postage. Mad the difference between sellers.

Yeah I really got hosed! ah well

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement