Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fidelis wrote: »
    He also got Front Mission 3 in that bundle, which is easily £15. Excellent bargain, Dark Savior!

Some great games in there: Exhumed, Oddworld, G-Police.

I don't even see Front Mission 3! Whoever he bought that lot from had a really good taste in games. Not your usual run of the mill collection.

I bought a couple of oscillators earlier for my Megadrive overclock mod. 32X is also getting modded. So I'm going to have a Non TMSS HD Megadrive 1 with a region mod switch, a 60/50hz switch, a pause switch and a 12.5mhz overclock switch..then a region switch on the 32X. This is going to rock! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Looks like some stupid ****er on eBay won't be sending me Yu-Gi-Oh. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

final fantasy arrived, my first complete game ever for snes, box and manual are in great condition but the cart is a bit filthy, ah well such is life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

These arrived safe and sound today.All,except one, were complete and only about 4 had slightly damaged cases.The seller even threw in 5 memory cards,an action replay thingy,2 demo disc's and road rash 3d(no case) for free.I haven't had a bargain like this on ebay for a little while so it was a nice buy for €48.Result:D

Give us a shout when you've completed all of them cause I'd like to play some ;)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Feck, that's a lot on shipping. From the UK I take it? The three games I bought from the Uk yesterday cost me zero postage. Mad the difference between sellers.

Yeah to some people in England, Scotland, Wales Ireland is this far away place akin to France or Germany or Greece! To others they're like "ah yeah sure it's only Ireland like"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I bought a couple of oscillators earlier for my Megadrive overclock mod. 32X is also getting modded. So I'm going to have a Non TMSS HD Megadrive 1 with a region mod switch, a 60/50hz switch, a pause switch and a 12.5mhz overclock switch..then a region switch on the 32X. This is going to rock! :pac:

You should wire it all up to one big red button so that the modded mutant will come alive at one press :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got a few things of ebay today

Got Dino crysis, Resident Evil code veronica and bangai o for the dreamcast all complete and Resident evil one for the saturn.

All these for about £11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Fidelis wrote: »
    He also got Front Mission 3 in that bundle, which is easily £15. Excellent bargain, Dark Savior!

Some great games in there: Exhumed, Oddworld, G-Police.
    Cheers Guys ;),this was the auction http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220596727407
    It looked like nothing much until I scrolled down and saw the list.Currently playing Pacland,an all time classic which still plays great today.

Cheers Guys ;),this was the auction http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220596727407
    It looked like nothing much until I scrolled down and saw the list.Currently playing Pacland,an all time classic which still plays great today.
    Weird that he's auctioning off Silent Hill 1 &2 seperately.

Won Keio Flying Squadron for the mega cd for a reasonable price!!

Wanted this game for ages. Already have the second one for the saturn

• Advertisement

Got a nice little bundle at the car boot this morning.

A very sad, dirty looking PS1 with Power cable and RF - €3
    Black PS1 dualshock controller - €1
    Pokémon Red + Crystal (with the sticker torn off the cart, wtf?!) - €4
    And most interesting of all: MGS, Porsche Challenge, Tomb Raider 3, Tiny Tank, Spec Ops Covert Assault and Area 51 for the PS1 - €3 for the lot.

Now you might say "Atavan! You thieving ninja! What's so interesting about those games?" Well, they're all NTSC, complete with Blockbuster Video price stickers :D Had to get them because of that :) Pics very shortly.

Edit: Pics!

PS1 + Controller
    PS1 Games
    Pokémon Games

(Apologies for them being bad quality, just took 'em with my phone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

And most interesting of all: MGS, Porsche Challenge, Tomb Raider 3, Tiny Tank, Spec Ops Covert Assault and Area 51 for the PS1 - €3 for the lot.

Now you might say "Atavan! You thieving ninja! What's so interesting about those games?" Well, they're all NTSC, complete with Blockbuster Video price stickers :D Had to get them because of that :) Pics very shortly.

PS1 + Controller
    PS1 Games
    Pokémon Games

Guessing there's no point in any of the rest of us heading down to Dundrum today so? :pac:

PS1 + Controller
    PS1 Games
    Pokémon Games

As above.
    Not much point in going down is there? Was there ANYTHING else?

Acht, none of those really interest me anyway. I've two PSXs as is.

Master of the Universe

My carboot sale trawling friend just picked me up an N64 today with three games. He rang me at 10am while I was asleep, so I don't quite remember what the games were. I think one of them was Ocarina of Time. Going to have to guess what the other two were. I would imagine at least one copy of Goldeneye was in there.

/Edit - hah! he also got another 5 n64 games for a fiver. Some of them were boxed too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Bought a few joypads in fairyhouse today, i'll give them a clean and post them later

One is the illusive PS1 anologe for €1 :D

I still need an N64, dam you Ois

Master of the Universe

Tallon wrote: »

I still need an N64, dam you Ois

Well the main reason for buying it was for it to be redistributed here as I already have one. Supposedly it needs a bit of a clean. Will stick up some photos when I get my hands on it/test it out.

Nice find with the ps1 analog pad. I've never seen one of them in the wild. Enjoy the comfort! You'll see what I've been banging on about with regards to the length of the handles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Well the main reason for buying it was for it to be redistributed here as I already have one. Supposedly it needs a bit of a clean. Will stick up some photos when I get my hands on it/test it out.

Nice find with the ps1 analog pad. I've never seen one of them in the wild. Enjoy the comfort! You'll see what I've been banging on about with regards to the length of the handles.

I already have one, I got it when I originally got my PS1 back in the day, was just nice to get a second one :)

Giz a shout if your letting that N64 go :p

As above.
    Not much point in going down is there? Was there ANYTHING else?

A couple of bits, some gameboys (advance + Colour) and an N64 that was out of my price range. Also your usual pick & mix of PS1 sports games.
    My carboot sale trawling friend just picked me up an N64 today with three games. He rang me at 10am while I was asleep, so I don't quite remember what the games were. I think one of them was Ocarina of Time. Going to have to guess what the other two were. I would imagine at least one copy of Goldeneye was in there.

/Edit - hah! he also got another 5 n64 games for a fiver. Some of them were boxed too

Wow nice! Please tell me it wasn't at the Dundrum one! :pac:

Master of the Universe

I'm not sure where it was. I seriously doubt it was the Dundrum one though. You'd have sensed an n64 about a mile away :P

He said there was a second n64 there too but didn't buy it. See what I mean about those consoles? They're feckin everywhere! They must just last a lot longer than ps1s as they're cartridge based. So less were thrown out due to breakage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd really love to get an NTSC N64 and re buy my entire collection. the PAL N64 suffer really badly from PAL slowdown and borders. Also RGB mod for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Picked up a SNES with one controller, Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat 2 and Starwing on eBay. Already have Starwing so that can be traded. I also already have a SNES, so this one is for modding. Going to Google some SNES mods later on, any recommendations?

• Advertisement

Got a few more dreamcast games at the weekend

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
    Ready to Rumble Boxing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Couple more PAL 2600 games, all the way from Taiwan/Australia (but won on eBay in Ireland ;))

Spacevision.jpg

VG3.jpg

Atari1-1.jpg

Atari2-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Whee, finally have my spare bedroom ready to be converted into a collection area so I can finally start out. Already laid hands on -

Dreamcast
    Neo Geo Pocket
    Amiga 600
    N64
    Gamecube
    Xbox 1
    about 60 assorted games and an unknown amount for extra controllers and accessories for the above

Got Ninja Gaiden and Rainbow Island for the master system both CIB for £1 each.

an adverts barn find!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=221895&cat=12

photo0128v.jpg

some of it is working grand and some of it is easily fixed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Any of those megadrive got "high definition graphics" written on them?

fraid not

and how easy would it be to fix one of those dreamcasts?

i could make one working from the 2 but i need to get an av cable first, i think the snes is a goner though, garbled image and it looks(and smells) like someone attacked it with wd40 to try fixing it

Ah yuck! I saw those on adverts, not bad though considering a few working consoles came out of the bundle

• Advertisement

yup. the nes is perfect but it needs a 72pin, no yellowing or anything

snes casing is perfect,no yellowing

2 of the megadrives are meant to work with loose AC and the other is black screening

and the dreamcasts are mint externally and i should get at least 1 working.

Well any spare cases you have let me know, I have a painting few projects I'd like give a try

one of these dreamcasts has had the oil ****ed at it too only this one strangely smells of petrol :(

Yeah I would actully like to see carlowed colection, they always seen to have a ton of stuff on adverts for sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Nice haul weeder. I love "faulty" DCs - bought/aquired about 10 over the years, just one was really faulty (bad power supply); all the others had either dusty lid switches (possibly the non-reader) or dirty motherboard->power supply pins (possibly the black-screener).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got a few new items in the last week or so.

4606101911_ed8dff06b5.jpg

I played this a huge amount on the PS2 when I had it originally. Looking forward to playing it again. Hope I haven't been spoiled too much by Wipeout HD.

4606716286_bf0d2a02e9.jpg

Two GameCube games that I've never played but am looking forward to trying them out on the Wii.

4606714274_b4c42f0068.jpg

4606096387_d4f139e3fb.jpg

These are two of the three games I used to own for the 32X. I liked Star Wars Arcade but found it incredibly tough and never cleared the second stage I'd say. Doom was good but extended play would give me motion sickness.

Now I just need to get a 32X system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I love WipEout Fusion, class game. Alot of WipEout fans were disappointed by the game as there was an increased emphasis on combat in Fusion but I think it makes for some really gritty gameplay. There are problems with graphical lag if you get too much stuff on screen however. I don't think that's really allowed on a console, understandable if you were on an under-powered PC but the PS2 should have been able to handle it and if not then the designers screwed up making it like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doom 32X is absolute garbage. Probably the worst version of the game other than the 3DO version. No side or back sprites for enemies, the game has horrible borders and half the levels are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Doom 32X is absolute garbage. Probably the worst version of the game other than the 3DO version. No side or back sprites for enemies, the game has horrible borders and half the levels are missing.

All true. But back then I didn't know any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Just got an absolute MONSTER haul, took up a whole boot! I'll be living on noodles for a while it seems... Includes a decent Gamegear collection, MGS 3 Subsistence (no manual:(, but got it for a fiver!), a decent sized DC lot, and about 80 ps1 games! It's a bit of a mess at the moment, so I'll organise it and post pictures if my camera decides to work!

Master of the Universe

/eagerly awaits photographs

Sweet,can't wait to see these.Was it at a car boot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

combat flight simulator on pc. love it!

Was originally just a GC lot on donedeal (ye may have seen it), then eventually got talking to him, turns out he had a lot of lots and wanted to clear them all. I said I'd be interested, and he gave me first preference on most of his lots. Just about to start taking photos and found out there's a boxed Tales of Symphonia in there too, sweetness!

He had some other lots I didn't get as well, but they were gone before I arrived and I didn't think

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/1296748

was worth it...

Master of the Universe

200 euro for -

176 Megadrive games.

4 x Mega Drive 1

4 x Mega Drive 2

13 x JoyPads

Power Adapter's + Ariels

Kinda glad I didn't see that!

• Advertisement

Nice one,maybe some of these will end up on the Retro Trading Sticky ? ;);)

He was pricing it all pure cheap as well, I couldn't say no, god love him giving up his whole collection! Sorry, btw, long time reader etc, always meant to start posting on here properly. My camera battery is acting up so it may be tomorrow before photos are up but I will put them up!

Total haul is as follows...

2 DC's (think there is two, there's a boxed one anyway)
    2 GC's, 1 boxed
    2 Saturns
    Boxed Gamegear, box bit tattered but with manuals.

Assorted leads, controllers and memory cards.

And I'm genuinely scared to think of the number of games. Circa 180-220. 80% boxed, 60% cib. (Not retro but Time Crisis 4 boxed with gun for a fiver?!)

A foam Triforce.
    About 20 ps1 jewel cases.
    Sengoku for the Neo Geo in plastic wrapping still was given as a freebie.
    Loads of ps1 demos
    Some cheatbooks
    A random handheld space Invaders game
    A folder full of random game manuals and original box art. Think I seen Original NES and Sega manuals thrown in there.

Very happy man :)

Master of the Universe

Sounds like the greatest haul I've ever heard of in Ireland. What's the deal? Did he own a shop? Or was he just a collector being hassled by his wife?

You got yourself a ready made collection there. Congrats!

Collector, used to buy lots of bundles and what not. He had a whole wall with a shelving system floor to ceiling half packed with games and memorabilia. And that's cos' he had taken the other half of it down and sold it already to either me or previously!

Anyway, he suffered a faith that leads to the demise of many enthusiasts...

Wife and kids

His wife was supportive of it, but they're expecting twins and apparently babies and a game collection can't go in the same room together!

A good lot of the games are rubbish though, and I won't even bother polluting the trading section with them. I could have a few decent GC doubles though, but we'll see. Anyway, I'll be off to focus on taking pictures now!

I am so jelous of that stuff man, but let me be honest, retor gaming is actully really rubbish, no one here actully likes it, we just pretend to like it to get the women.

SO as for the megadrive haul that is not amazingly epic in anyway just leave it in a room with me and o1s1n and a sharpened spoon and we'll get it sorted for you. :P

Seriously though that is amazing, well done on spotting that, I never check donedeal.ie.
    As for myself I'm after scoring Shinobi III for about €15, I was really excited about making everyone jelous but now i dont think that will happen

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement