Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Watching too much Total Recall or something.

Speaking of Total Recall....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Couple of bits i picked up last week, 20 quid nes off adverts with Mario 2. It was marked as broken but just has the flashing red light, so region free and new 72pin and it will be grand.

nes.jpg

Gauntlet 2 on Gamboy off Adverts

Gauntlet2.jpg

Kinect Star Wars, With a nice, extremely bright light sabre torch!

kinectstarwars.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

[IMG][/img]dfeebf1f.jpg

[IMG][/img]ca6591ae.jpg

[IMG][/img]cb2b4399.jpg

Got these as well the other day. Can't let boxed gameboy games go by it seems, pity one of them features 'ghey robots' and not some über muscled men.
    Gameboy advance boxes are crap as well. Don't live up with the rest on the selves as the titles are lost along the sides with barcodes and copyright info. Feck sake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Love the Galaga-Galaxians cart, it's a lovely little set, and Galaga is one of those games I can play for ages. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I love that Golf game. Must hunt a copy down!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh yes, everything is coming up roses, got Zero Wing, cart only mind, for 6.50, wanted this for a while, so I is a happy camper now! No more ebay for me, have to let the card cool down a bit.
    It's been a lot more fun spending my money on retro goodies rather than wandering into HMV or GS and buying sh1t I won't play.

Got the games from my favourite seller on the eBay. Every two months he/she shows up with a bunch of gameboy games with best offer on them.

'€40 asking I'll throw in an offer of €20. Oh accepted cool.'

Won them Tuesday night and paid. Got them Friday morning. Sometimes the 80 word count isn't enough when leaving positive feedback.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should check out the Adventure Island episode of Game Centre CX. That show features some of the hardest games ever but my god was Adventure Island a new form of torture for all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Collected a Predator 3 light gun for the Saturn/PS1 this morning. So that's House Of The Dead on Saturn sorted, any good PS1 lightgun games apart from Time Crisis ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Point Blank!

So, my self imposed ban from eBay lasted about 3 hours, just bought an old favorite, Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose for my Snes, I loved that game at launch, still a lot of fun now and I think I am past emulation and into the calmer waters of cart collecting on the far side! It's the first Snes cart I've bought in some time, last one being a boxed copy of the excellent Super Tennis in the markets for, I think, a fiver.
    Oh, Tiny Toons only cost 3.50, not including p&p, not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OwaynOTT wrote: »

cb2b4399.jpg

Shenmue 2 = BEST GAME EVER!!!

How much did it set you back btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My Vectrex arrived in work just now.
    I'll hook it up and test it when I get home. Hopefully we have a working vectrex and not a pricey paper weight that hums.

The vectrex is god damn beautiful. Holy crap the screen is as mint as mint can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    The vectrex is god damn beautiful. Holy crap the screen is as mint as mint can be.

I'll give you €50 for it :D

• Advertisement

Shenmue 2 = BEST GAME EVER!!!

How much did it set you back btw?

Let's just say I prob could of got it cheaper on eBay if I scoured it for a few months but I'm happy with the price and sonic adventure 2 came with it. Got it off adverts from a user on here, martineatworld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Epic arn't they :cool: I can only imagine what full sized Vector cabs looked like

EnterNow wrote: »

Epic arn't they :cool: I can only imagine what full sized Vector cabs looked like

I wonder if the Vectrex is capable of danmaku?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I wonder if the Vectrex is capable of danmaku?

Bullet hell? [thanks wikipedia :p]

Hmm, doubtful. I don't think the system has any great number crunching ability, & it would be a tough job for a vector screen seeing as they only use one beam of light...but if they could it'd be some sight

Would this qualify?

I need to look up more about the display on the Vectrex and try to figure out what gives it such a special glow!

• Advertisement

Embedding disabled...

It's a real phosphor glow :cool:

Few quick pics.
    I'm sick as a dog so the quality isnt great. I'll do up a video in a day or so and try capture the screen quality(and hum).
    So far I'm very pleased with it. The screen has no marks on it which is what I've been looking for and the case is in great condition as well, really good in fact(i was expecting worse).

The picture seems tilted to the side a tiny tiny amount but its barely noticeable on the boot screen and not at all in games. Can this be adjusted(no big deal really)?

dsc0982g.jpg

dsc0983o.jpg

dsc0984x.jpg

dsc0985e.jpg

You can see some dots on the bottom right side in this pic, but that's just dust on my camera sensor that needs to be cleaned.
    dsc0980rs.jpg

I've only one question.

Will you leaving it in the bed and sleeping with it tonight?

Or do you only sleep with 2 partners at once? ;)

Polygamy style!

Always a happy day when a new 'trex joins the gang. Did I just say 'trex? Ugh.

Ciderman will be pleased, he started the Vectrex craze. Both in the 80's & here now again with us

waveform wrote: »
    I've only one question.

Will you leaving it in the bed and sleeping with it tonight?

Or do you only sleep with 2 partners at once? ;)

Polygamy style!

It will sleep in the guest bedroom where the pics were taken tonight. We'll see how it goes in the next few days and maybe the girlfriend will accept it into the main bed ;)

heh!

Your purchase was a steal when you consider the price of this Vectrex bag on its own!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MB-Vectrex-Console-Bag-Ultra-RARE-Unique-/230746568456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item35b9913708#ht_500wt_1180

waveform wrote: »
    heh!

Your purchase was a steal when you consider the price of this Vectrex bag on its own!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MB-Vectrex-Console-Bag-Ultra-RARE-Unique-/230746568456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item35b9913708#ht_500wt_1180

Yeah, I seen that all right. Madness

Also got this today from the same seller as the Vectrex.
    It's the spectrum version and I've been meaning to grab it for a while.

dsc0997rr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Someone should take this credit card off me! Whose idea was it to give students credit cards willy nilly.

Anyway I'v spent more money again, this time on a Compaq Portable II, seller's pic.

KGrHqRk4E8-Mf8KzdBPcdFBZ4PQ60_12.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Starting to pick up a few NES games now, and my console finally gave out today, blinking light so time to get some sick new pins in that bitch!

DSCN2469.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely Vectrex haul Steve! I love how the controller folds up at the front, clever little design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Starting to pick up a few NES games now, and my console finally gave out today, blinking light so time to get some sick new pins in that bitch!

Nightshade is an incredible game, good buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah and I got them all for only a few dollars each, think nightshade was only $5

One of these days Dale Parish, one of these days sir, we'll see an FM Towns II in your gaf.

Go on chief, get in there and nab one! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Not new by any means but was sorting through some stuff I had in my Nannys attic and came across these few items that I thought were long gone/thrown out

c2c83df7.jpg

M&Ms game also had ridge racer 4 disc inside it and GT2 has only the arcade mode disc and colin mcrae rally too.

And then I found this which I was so happy about finding again and is possibly my favourite gaming item I own!

d66e87d7.jpg

Axels crazy taxi complete with passenger! I also had another sealed one that is possibly still around somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I can only imagine what full sized Vector cabs looked like

That Game On exhibit had an Asteroids vector cab, was one of the nicest things there.

Yep, that and the Star Wars vector arcade game were glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yep, that and the Star Wars vector arcade game were glorious.

Ah forgot about Star Wars! Was great too.

World Of Illusion & Quackshot for €12, both boxed. Seems ok at that?

• Advertisement

World Of Illusion & Quackshot for €12, both boxed. Seems ok at that?

I'd buy that for.... 12 euro.

I'd buy that for.... 12 euro.

I looked on ebay & WoI is up around €8/€10 alone, so surely the two if them are worth €12. I've never actually player either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

After shelving my retro interests having moved into a tiny apartment for the last few months I finally caved and bought two "trio linker plus"s. Dreamcast sticks and mame are a step in the right direction until I can build a dedicated unit. Played metal slug for my first time ever last night!

I looked on ebay & WoI is up around €8/€10 alone, so surely the two if them are worth €12. I've never actually player either of them.

You're in for a treat, especially with WoI which is like 3 games in one. You get different levels playing as Mickey and Donald and then playing in two player co-op adds even more content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just picked up a 4:3 17" CRT monitor for free from my Uni's computers department.

Proper sprites here I come :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

It's a piece of crap but I guess it fits in my collection. I found it above one of my fixing rooms... A WYSE WY-55 dumb terminal (that is, she needs to be connected to a mainframe)
    The cursor shall indefinitely blink!

IMG_02921.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right , freaky , picked up something in a charity shop here I'd been looking for for aaages: A decent Famiclone!
    4 quid in a charity shop beside my inlaws in maynooth.
    th_IMG_20120404_1657141.jpg
    yes , its that picture where the kids play mario with no pads plugged in
    HOW IS POSSIBLE!!?!?
    th_IMG_20120404_1656541.jpg
    th_IMG_20120404_1657351.jpg
    Its all complete in box , cable tied and with instructions.
    The usual 40 variants of NES games.Jogging Mario Bros anyone?
    Best of all theres a copy of Tengen Tetris included in the rom pack ..yay!
    th_IMG_20120404_1713521.jpg
    Theres an NES cart adaptor as well,doesnt seem to work with the PAL ones I've tried , I think they only work with NTSC games , anyone know for sure?
    Damn happy with this , its slightly better than the Texet model my mate had for years (as the pads are removable), and its in great nick.;)

Got Samurai Shodown on the MVS today. Won it on ebay from a fellow A&R user and feel a bit bad because for the price I got it for it was pretty much daylight robbery. 12.25 including shipping.

Got Samurai Shodown on the MVS today. Won it on ebay from a fellow A&R user and feel a bit bad because for the price I got it for it was pretty much daylight robbery. 12.25 including shipping.

It's a bargain mate, I never played it. I only play and collect SHMUPS. :)

It's a piece of crap but I guess it fits in my collection.

Right, I'm starting an online petition and we'll all have a whip round to get the you that FM Towns II and an X68000! :pac:

Actually, on a more serious note, does anyone have any videos or text guides to taking an X68000 or FM Towns apart? Not the Marty or Car Marty, those are rubbish. I'm on about the Dale Parish full size, stout beast. With chips AND gravy! The full 'grande package'!

Toying with ideas of how to bring an FM Towns II back from Japan in July by stripping it down and distributing the weight. Hey, it's a thought right?! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You'd want to double check it's not a boot before leaving any positive feedback. :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement