Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I never check donedeal.ie.

Me neither! Will certainly be keeping my eye on it in future.

Just found a load of arcade hardware -

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/1270653

As for myself I'm after scoring Shinobi III for about €15, I was really excited about making everyone jelous but now i dont think that will happen

Ahh! you git!!! Where?! I just spent the afternoon looking for that on ebay. Best I could find was a BIN in france for €24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I used to check donedeal a good bit but nothing ever turned up so i gave up on it, pissed off now that i did, there looks to be some games in the bundle.

Ah I got it from a guy I know in Germany I did some work for, its one off the hitlist anyway, Porbotector, Alien Solider are next and to replace Shinobi III....McDonalds Island Adventure :D

Master of the Universe

Just got a nice minty copy of Golden Axe. Yay, another trilogy completed :)

I really have to get Golden Axe III, have the other 2 complete JAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Best birthday party ever!

My cousin dropped down his old MD 1 in the box with manuals and styrofoam (sp?) along with Menacer 6 in 1 cartridge, King of the monsters, Thunder Force IV, EA Hockey & John Madden Football, Micro Machines turbo tournament 96 (complete with party invites inside :D), Gynoug (which is not actually in the box but spiderman instead) and PGA golf tour. And also a big stack of games magazines (EGM, Mean Machines etc..) from 92/93 :D Pics later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Here's some pics, game gear pic got deleted. There's admittedly a lot of filler found here, particularly the ps1 games and I didn't take pics of the DC lot, Plasma Sword the only one I was half bothered about, and only about 6 Saturn games.

Few pics anyway...

sany0393medium.jpg

sany0370large.jpg

sany0374small.jpg

sany0379small.jpg

sany0382small.jpg

sany0383small.jpg

sany0384large.jpg

sany0391medium.jpg

sany0392large.jpg

Master of the Universe

Atavan - Happy Birthday man! Are you legal yet? :pac:

martineatworld - Wow! cheers for putting up the pics. I hope you have a Neo Geo home system to play that Sekgoku on? If not, you know what you have to buy next ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Someone's gotta say it...nice socks:cool:

Hmmm, eh it's in the works... Ok it's not, I don't know what I'll do with it!

I'll stick my socks up on the Trading sticky if you're interested in Atariman?!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Atavan - Happy Birthday man! Are you legal yet? :pac:

martineatworld - Wow! cheers for putting up the pics. I hope you have a Neo Geo home system to play that Sekgoku on? If not, you know what you have to buy next ;)

Haha thanks :D Not until Tuesday :P

Awesome stuff martin!

Edit: Is that a white Gamecube I've just spotted?? Looks great!

• Advertisement

Now this is sniping

Untitldsfed-1.jpg

Pics! (sorry they're large)

SDC10590.jpg

SDC10593.jpg

SDC10594.jpg

Also got:

SDC10595.jpg

In the post this morning courtesy of Tallon. Thanks Tallon!

Nice copy of Ghostbusters for the MD arrived today, great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got Yummi Mystery Mansion for the mega cd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Yeah I used to check donedeal a good bit but nothing ever turned up so i gave up on it, pissed off now that i did, there looks to be some games in the bundle.

Ah I got it from a guy I know in Germany I did some work for, its one off the hitlist anyway, Porbotector, Alien Solider are next and to replace Shinobi III....McDonalds Island Adventure :D

probotector_thumb.jpg

:D me and the brother got this when we were kids, manual's awol though. Always bloody loved it! hard as fúck though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Not that any of this is new stuff but might as well post it in here as it's the first time I've got it all together and took stock.

Pretty happy with the collection seeing it all together but it needs a bit more (always) before I'll be fully content.

NES Hardware:
    Console
    AC Adapter (not working - might just be a fuse)
    2 x controllers
    Zapper Light gun
    Batman shaped joystick
    NES Games:
    2 x Super Mario Bros 3
    2 x Captain Planet (one boxed with manual)
    Top Gun II The Second Mission (Sealed Mint Boxed)
    Duck Hunt (+ manual)
    Simon's Quest
    Low G Man
    Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
    Donkey Kong Classics
    Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
    Solstice
    Super Mario Bros (+ manual)
    Batman - The Video Game
    Yoshi's Cookie
    McDonaldland
    Ghostbusters II

SNES Hardware:
    Console (RF out seems faulty, no cable to try multi out)
    1 controller
    Super Advantage Joystick
    SNES Games:
    IndyCar feat. Nigel Mansell (boxed with manual)
    Killer Instinct (boxed with manual)
    StarWing
    2 x Super Mario AllStars
    Mech Warrior 3050
    Donkey Kong Country

Gameboy Hardware:
    Original Gameboy (yellow version)
    2 x Gameboy Colour (one missing battery cover)
    GBC/GB connection cable
    Gameboy Games:
    Super Mario Land
    Super Mario Land II: 6 Golden Coins
    Tetris
    Bart & The Beanstalk
    Dr. Mario
    Some crappy 32 in 1 cartridge
    Planet of the Apes (GBA)

Playstation Hardware:
    PS1 console
    2 x dual shock controllers
    Memory Card
    Dance Mat
    Playstation Games (boxed):
    Tomb Raider III
    2 x Adidas Power Soccer
    Fifa 99
    Fifa 2000
    LMA Manager
    Premier Manager 98
    Premier League Football Manager 2000
    Football Manager 2001 The F.A. Premier League
    F.A. Manager
    Gran Turismo 2
    Cool Boarders 2
    Grand Theft Auto
    Tony Hawk's Skateboarding
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Motor Mash
    Micro Machines V3
    Worms
    Driver 2
    Playstation Games (disc only):
    Fifa 96
    Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis

PS2 Hardware:
    PS2 Fat
    PS2 slim
    2 x Memory Card
    Official Controller
    2 x unofficial controllers
    Wireless Guitar Hero Guitar - missing the controller plugin :(
    PS2 games (boxed):
    The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
    Fifa 08
    Gaelic Games Football
    Gran Turismo 3: A-spec
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
    PS2 games (disc only):
    Medal of Honour Rising Sun
    The Sims Bustin' Out

Other:
    Sega Mega Drive II (one controller, tv cable, but no power lead, so don't know if it works)
    Sonic 2 (MD)
    Softmodded Xbox with XBMC and DVD remote
    Halo 1 & 2 (xbox)
    Sega Mega Drive Handheld by AtGames

Stuff I think I have somewhere but couldn't find today:
    Gameboy Advance (white)
    Wolfenstein (GBA)
    a few more GBA games
    NES Cleaning Kit (found the manual but no kit yet)
    Gran Turismo (PSX) (found the box and manual)
    Fifa 2001 (PSX) (found the box)
    Guitar Hero World Tour (PS2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

These arrived today from that guy on Donedeal. Big thanx to o1s1n for the heads up!

S2300004.jpg

S2300001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

nice, had a couple of those when i was younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Wow,they look in great condition.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure Atariman's haul is from the same guy I got my stuff from, nice stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Warren3 wrote: »
    Got Yummi Mystery Mansion for the mega cd

Very cool, let us know what you think? How much did you get it for?

Never rains but it pours. Got this lot a while ago. Nightmare hassle with the postage costs though, so probably paid over the odds, but want to start building a nice little DC collection. They're all absolutely mint with manuals.

sany0395medium.jpg

Read 'em and weep Mr Charity Shop man who wouldn't let me in yesterday to buy these!:

Image005_thumb.jpg

Counter Strike's probably a bit useless as I've no online play obviously and it's a shame there's no split screen - I don't mind split screen - and I've no friends for a system link.

Read 'em and weep Mr Charity Shop man who wouldn't let me in yesterday to buy these!:

Image005_thumb.jpg

Counter Strike's probably a bit useless as I've no online play obviously and it's a shame there's no split screen - I don't mind split screen - and I've no friends for a system link.

Ah I love Counter-Strike on the Xbox. Especially the map where your on some kind of compound in the desert, and there's a really high roof and you can snipe from it. Mostly I would just buy the Para and run around firing constantly like Animal from Full Metal Jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got Mega Turrican for the megadrive for £10.99 but with missing instructions

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Fantastic game that. Some amazing visuals. Enjoy :)

Master of the Universe

Got a text from my mam saying this arrived to their house in the post -

Img5BCB0CAD.jpg

Check out all the stamps! Came from Rio.

Now begins the agonizing wait until I can drop out to their house and pick it up.

Just got my Spiderman & X men arcades revenge, terrible terrible game, dont know why i got it.

This might be my last purchase for a little while, just bought a new car :D

I'll be putting a right few games up for sale tonight or tomorrow. Prob go up on adverts.

Got a text from my mam saying this arrived to their house in the post -

Img5BCB0CAD.jpg

Check out all the stamps! Came from Rio.

Now begins the agonizing wait until I can drop out to their house and pick it up.
    How come you get stuff sent to your parent's?

Oh and btw, I'd love to play Duke Nukem on Mega Drive. I had the Kil-A-Ton compilation on PC years ago but lost it/father threw it out. I've been meaning to pick it up on N64 for ages.

Oh and btw, I'd love to play Duke Nukem on Mega Drive. I had the Kil-A-Ton compilation on PC years ago but lost it/father threw it out. I've been meaning to pick it up on N64 for ages.
    I'm still browsing through the Gamestop shelves for PS2 games. It's getting to a stage where I contemplate buying just about anything that isn't Eye Toy, a kids game or a football/sports game.

Got this today:
    Image031_thumb_1.jpg

That copy of Neo Contra is STILL in Gamestop on Henry St @ €18. NO takers I suppose ...

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I live in an apartment block and there's nobody here during the day to let the postman in :(

I let a load of stuff build up in my parents and then take a trip out. It's like christmas every time!

It's really god awful on the MD. But it's such a rare oddity I've wanted it for ages! I like my oddities.

I live in an apartment block and there's nobody here during the day to let the postman in :(

I let a load of stuff build up in my parents and then take a trip out. It's like christmas every time!

It's really god awful on the MD. But it's such a rare oddity I've wanted it for ages! I like my oddities.
    All the ports of Duke Nukem 3D ended up being censored didn't they? ie. all the profanity and (semi-)nudity and stuff was cut out?

Master of the Universe

The only port I ever had was the ps1 version. And it was all there, including the 18s rating on the cover :pac:

Haven't a clue about the other ones though. The Megadrive one isn't really a port, it's totally different level design wise. Not sure if there's any bewbs in it as I haven't been really able to get anywhere! Difficulty level is quite high.

The PS1 one was supposed to be rubbish though wasn't it? (least from the reviews I've read). Man I fúcking love Duke Nukem. I'd love a game right now. All I have is Land of Babes and Time to Kill.....

I loved Duke it Out in DC!

Right...

I gotz -

Boxed Sega Mega Drive Mk I
    Michael Jackson's Moonwalker Boxed

Boxed Purple Gameboy Advance

Boxed Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival for GBA
    Purple Gamecube (no games or controller but it only cost 10 euro)

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    Pro Evolution 1, 2, 4 and 5 (48c each in Game)
    PaRappa the Rapper 2

Last ones are all for PS2.

A nice near mint shinobi III arrived today :D

Augmerson wrote: »
    Right...

Purple Gamecube (no games or controller but it only cost 10 euro)

haha i really wanted this.

So I'm doing the usual charity shop rounds today and finding nothing (as usual) bar your usual stellar football games circa 2004. I go into one charity shop and spot a PS2 slim box down the back. Naturally I ran over to it, checked the price sticker which said €12.50, as is. Awesome! So I open the box to take a look inside and what's staring back at me? A dirty big PS1 :( So I say, hmm ok, maybe it's an audiophile but no. €12.50 for a PS1? No thanks.

But I managed to pick up V-Rally one PS1 for €3 on another charity shop and MGS3: Snake Eater (hence my question on the other thread :P) and Aqua Teen Hunger Force on the PS2 for €4 for the pair. Oh and an atari t-shirt for €4 in Game. Nothing great but it's something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

GameSpiteBooks.jpg

Something a little different this time, but I hope some of you will appreciate the sheer awesomeness of the concept: even more so than in the UK, the US magazine market is dying a death and Jeremy Parish (journalist and host of the rather fantastic Retronauts and Active Time Babble podcasts) was prompted by his love of print to gather together some of his fellow journalists and create a quarterly book filled with articles about anything they see fit. The first one is a history of the Game Boy, while the second is a series of articles based on a straw poll of the GameSpite.net forums of what they thought the best games ever were and the third takes the form of an encyclopedia of 8-bit game characters.

The other book there is GameSpite: Year One, Volume 1, a collection of articles from GameSpite.com before the Quarterly started. Adding to that, Parish has released a good portion of the Quartlerly books' content on the website for free, but the point of the project was to have something more permanent to show for your work - it's a passion project where he's just about breaking even, so if you like the idea you should at least check out the content on the site.

Either way, it's given me the chance to throw something that's actually 'new' into a retro collection thread!

weeder wrote: »
    haha i really wanted this.

Haha sorry man, I did see another GC going for roughly the same price a little while afterward on Adverts, did you grab that one?

• Advertisement

beatten to it aswell

Master of the Universe

Sister dropped that Grandstand Pocket Scramble to me today. (Atariman - thanks for posting it out!)

It's in perfect condition and works great.

Even came with a filled out warranty dated 1985.

DSC_0076-1.jpg

DSC_0084-1.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0087-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

fb118d90.jpg

37aad86c.jpg

had about 20 mins this evening and threw the naomi together for testing. Now I know it works it will be getting a treatment next weekend, nice blue and White custom job:D

how much that set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Sister dropped that Grandstand Pocket Scramble to me today. (Atariman - thanks for posting it out!)

It's in perfect condition and works great.

Even came with a filled out warranty dated 1985.

Nice! Have one of those (unboxed though) at home actually, think my uncle gave it to me when I was a kid

Syferus wrote: »

Something a little different this time, but I hope some of you will appreciate the sheer awesomeness of the concept: even more so than in the UK, the US magazine market is dying a death and Jeremy Parish (journalist and host of the rather fantastic Retronauts and Active Time Babble podcasts) was prompted by his love of print to gather together some of his fellow journalists and create a quarterly book filled with articles about anything they see fit. The first one is a history of the Game Boy, while the second is a series of articles based on a straw poll of the GameSpite.net forums of what they thought the best games ever were and the third takes the form of an encyclopedia of 8-bit game characters.

The other book there is GameSpite: Year One, Volume 1, a collection of articles from GameSpite.com before the Quarterly started. Adding to that, Parish has released a good portion of the Quartlerly books' content on the website for free, but the point of the project was to have something more permanent to show for your work - it's a passion project where he's just about breaking even, so if you like the idea you should at least check out the content on the site.

Either way, it's given me the chance to throw something that's actually 'new' into a retro collection thread!

Remember reading about these (in Retrogamer I think), you get them from the site I presume?

Master of the Universe

ghostchant wrote: »
    Nice! Have one of those (unboxed though) at home actually, think my uncle gave it to me when I was a kid

It's an impressive little LCD game. The beeps/bloops and the musical tones are nice. Plus the way they managed to get it to look like you're actully flying a ship forward with the ground moving under you. The only down side is you can't switch it off. Have to take the batteries out.

Got a text saying Alien Soldier arrived in the post today \o/

Have a whole load of LCD games like that actually, used to love them when I was younger, most of them are crappy generic ones but a few cool ones, will have to dig them out and have a look through them.

opened my metal gear solid case to find 70 euro i had forgotten about! (EPIC WIN WIN) so i decided to go off to gamestop to get meself advance wars ds, when i got in the door the ps2 section had been replenished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadow of the colossus (cardboard case with art cards)
    gta double pack (already had these but the disks are damaged)
    half life
    Final Fantasy 12
    timesplitters
    the getaway platinum

all for 20 euro!

• Advertisement

weeder wrote: »
    opened my metal gear solid case to find 70 euro i had forgotten about! (EPIC WIN WIN) so i decided to go off to gamestop to get meself advance wars ds, when i got in the door the ps2 section had been replenished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadow of the colossus (cardboard case with art cards)
    gta double pack (already had these but the disks are damaged)
    half life
    Final Fantasy 12
    timesplitters
    the getaway platinum

all for 20 euro!

: o

What Gamestop was this?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement