Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Damn you James Howlett:D, I was gonna buy a copy of Contra on GB last weekend but it was €13.99 so I declined.
    Didn't realise they were doing Gb games in GameSEXchange I'll have to pop in and have a look when I get the chance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice, those 3 GB games are fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

pdbhp wrote: »
    Damn you James Howlett:D, I was gonna buy a copy of Contra on GB last weekend but it was €13.99 so I declined.
    Didn't realise they were doing Gb games in GameSEXchange I'll have to pop in and have a look when I get the chance

Well he was charging 15each which is well pricey but 3for2 made them 10euro so that wasn't too bad.
    He also had a few Mario games, Tomb Raider, Pokemon Crystal & Gold, the rest escape my memory.

I'll post a picture later, as I have a mint condition pokemon red box which will now be complete with red cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Picked up a gamecube and 9 games and a ps1 and 24 games for £40

Games include resident evil survivor, Fear effect 2, Capcom V SNK pro and tenchu 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Right these are the GBA games I got for a fiver,
    TMNT
    Scooby Doo (movie game)
    Scooby Doo2 (movie game)
    Cruisin Velocity
    Star Wars: New Droid Army
    Xmen 2. Wolverines Revenge
    Digimon Racing
    Spongebob/Rugrats double cart.

Nothing spectacular buy not bad for a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

This landed on my desk just now. I thought I was buying a used copy but turns out this one is still new and sealed!

How much? £3.07 inc free delivery. :)

29lh7ja.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Yahey, my copy of Gradius collection PSP arrived this morning:D
    Now I gotta wait all day to get home and play it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Pics of my above mentioned purchases.

NewGameboyGames.jpg
    PokemonRedComplete.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yahey, my copy of Gradius collection PSP arrived this morning:D

Enjoy the pleasures of Gradius 2. Be surprised at how well Gradius has held up. Be a bit Meh about Gradius 4. Curse and swear at how stupidly hard Gradius 3 is and then play the better SNES version. Worship Gradius Gaiden which is a thing of shmup beauty.

Have fun!

At least you get to play it tonight! :(

My PS2 and my NTSC PSX are off for an appointment with 'The Doc'. Still, they'll be back home on Wednesday after their 'surgery'. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

My Zelda arrived.. cant wait to play this again!

zeldalinktothepast.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Map, Booklet, Cheats...

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just bought this on ebay:

1013086_0.jpg

1013086_1.jpg

It's the only one (except the GB light) from the range of Gameboys that I was missing. Box looks like it's seen much better days but it was only €12 and then postage on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was in the rage for the 1st time today and can i say for a very small shop its something else

I picked up Pokemon Snap, Ridge Racer 64 and a AV cable for the N64 for 25 euros

I have to go back soon but when its 160KM away from where i am from it hard to find time to get to this great shop

IMG_0319.jpg?t=1306796013

You need to get rid of that AV cable and get a modified s-video cable. The jump in video quality is something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You need to get rid of that AV cable and get a modified s-video cable. The jump in video quality is something else.

My HD Plasma cant take s-video so AV will have to do but i have been waiting years to play Pokemon snap so any ideas what its like ?

I love Pokemon Snap. It's a weird take on the rail shooter genre but a great one. Wish there was more games than one game.

More stuff to add to the collection (oddly a couple of non-SHMUPS in there too :eek:). Nabbed these boys on Amazon for pittance and FREE delivery:

Stag XII (PS2) *NEW*
    Metropolis Street Racer (Dreamcast) *NEW*
    1945 I & II: Arcade Versions (PS2) *NEW*

Nabbed a couple of eBay treats last night too:

PS2 Network Adapter (PS2) *BNIB* for £20 inc delivery which I thought was good value.
    Futurama (PS2) *USED* for £2.99 delivered. No idea if the game is good but I love the show.

Should be getting Got these today too, the pair for €5 FREE!:

F355 (Dreamcast)
    Virtua Tennis (Dreamcast)

Steel Dragon EX should hopeully land on my desk today/tomorrow too. A good week so far for pickups!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Just bought this on ebay:

1013086_1.jpg

It's the only one (except the GB light) from the range of Gameboys that I was missing. Box looks like it's seen much better days but it was only €12 and then postage on top of that.

Ah a green GBP was the first thing I ever bought in the RAGE...memories! :P Just be careful, collecting the different colours is easy to become obsessed about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Did I mention I have a GB Light?
    It's really nice, keeps me warm at night just thinking of it, sitting there, just loving me unconditionally by being in my collection.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh really? Did you pick that up on ebay or did you happen to come across it somewhere in Ireland?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yay! Just grabbed a new copy of Sin & Punishment 2 for a tenner in Gamestop Bray. Gamestop aren't always useless, just most of the time :P

Moral of the story: stubbornly refusing to pay for a low print niche game you really want until it gets cheaper does pay dividends infrequently. Now, to begin the dangerous waiting game for Dragon Quest VI to drop in price.

Yay! Just grabbed a new copy of Sin & Punishment 2 for a tenner in Gamestop Bray. Gamestop aren't always useless, just most of the time :P

Moral of the story: stubbornly refusing to pay for a low print niche game you really want until it gets cheaper does pay dividends infrequently. Now, to begin the dangerous waiting game for Dragon Quest VI to drop in price.

You're playing with fire!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You're playing with fire!

*laughs manically*

I am taken aback how many copies of DQVI I've seen in shops though!

*laughs manically*

I am taken aback how many copies of DQVI I've seen in shops though!

This was the game Jedward were advertising right?

I love, love, LOVE Jedward the DQ games, will have to pick this one up at some point when I start hitting the salary-swallowing SHMUP purchases and the good woman can handle no more of this retro niche lunacy!

• Advertisement

I think it's because nintendo are publishing it and the fact that DQ5 had a massive reprint in the states due to demand for the game that they are putting out a few more copies. I have my american version already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I jumped on DQ6 when I saw it, it completes the DQ series on the DS for me (excluding spin-offs, though I do have Rocket Slime). Now to find the ridiculous amount of hours I need to plow into them and the persona games.

I wish we got the other 2 rocket slime games :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh really? Did you pick that up on ebay or did you happen to come across it somewhere in Ireland?

Oh, eBay of course, and its casing is a little rough plus missing the battery cover :(
    But then, that's why I got it for about 25 or so.

...and another SHMUP. This time I nabbed an NTSC-J copy of Gradius III & IV for the princely sum of 13 European magic beans, delivered. :)

• Advertisement

Picked up Naruto on the cube for just under €7 posted from Japan. Had to use up the leftover few euro on the o2 money card :P

o2 money card :P

What is this O2 money card you speaketh? :confused:

Like a 3v card but you don't get a separate number everytime you put money onn it and you can use it in shops too. It's basically a visa debit card!

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/o2-money/

Ah OK, don't think I've a use for one of those. Cool idea though, thanks for the info. :)

I don't trust myself at all with a proper credit card so it's useful for me :P

I don't trust myself at all with a proper credit card so it's useful for me :P

I'm of the same school of thought except the good woman kicks me in to touch if I step out of line!

Which is why I haven't loaded myself to the hilt with a PC Engine Duo-R, a PC Engine LT and an assortment of HU's and CD's topped off with a Neo Geo AES and a stack of AES carts! :D

Master of the Universe

I get paid monthly so tend to think at the start of the month that I'm rich and can afford extravagant things. Credit cards can make it so much worse as it can be hard to keep track of your spending until the bill comes and slaps you in the face.

It went like this until I copped on -

Get paid on the 28th. I now think I'm rich so I go nuts on ebay.

About a week later the horror of what I've done starts to gradually appear on my online banking. I don't think it's going to be too bad, so keep buying.

The bill suddenly grows bigger. Ah! Shouldn't have bought that bloody Amiga/Megadrive prototype/Neo Geo/Arcade machine/insert other item which faux rich Oisin thinks he can afford.

So I stop going nuts on ebay and live like a pauper for the remainder of the month.

The next 28th comes and I've to pay off a massive credit card bill.

But on the flip side, I've now just been paid! So once again, rich Oisin reaches for his top hat, monocle, cane and is transported off to the dream land of ebay to blow his fortune quicker than a gambling addict in Reno.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oisin reaches for his top hat, monocle, cane and is transported off to the dream land of ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

i question my own sanity at times owning all that sh1t.

Master of the Universe

Easy solution - sell it all off. If you miss it, then you'll realize it wasn't **** and you should have hung on to it all.

By the way, when are you getting a Vectrex? :P

• Advertisement

never,doesn't interest me :).

Master of the Universe

Have you seen one in person? I was the same, had no real interest in it. Then saw Ciderman's one and have never had something change my mind so rapidly.

No,just games in particular,nothing really catches the taste,most 82 era,looking at speccy released in same year it went into 90s.

While at it heres some prototypes for the veccy owners-

colour vectrex-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/81896129@N00/969307370/

Screenshots- http://home.earthlink.net/~jmorg/vectrex/VecColorLives.htm

Unreleased games
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vectrex_games#Unreleased_prototypes

Master of the Universe

No,just games in particular,nothing really catches the taste,most 82 era,looking at speccy released in same year it went into 90s.

While at it heres some prototypes for the veccy owners-

colour vectrex-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/81896129@N00/969307370/

Screenshots- http://home.earthlink.net/~jmorg/vectrex/VecColorLives.htm

Unreleased games
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vectrex_games#Unreleased_prototypes

Ooooh, didn't know there was a colour Vectrex prototype. That would have been interesting. I wonder would all the vector lines need to be the same colour or could you have different ones?

There was a problem with the colour vectrex because the higher energy colours (blue in other words) needed so much energy that they burnt out the phosphorous so it never got out of prototype.

Just picked this up from RedXIV

IMG_0140.jpg

Can't wait to get stuck into it. Been wanting to play it for forever :P Thanks again dude!!

Wow, it's like christmas for me these days with all my pickups :D

Wow, it's like christmas for me these days with all my pickups

I'm with you on that one, I'm off to the UK next week and bringing back copious amounts of stuff (some I've not posted about here yet) I had sent there to avoid scandalous postage rates to Eire. ;)

Can't wait! Congrats on Shenmue too, I've that game too but not played it yet. Why is it so popular? Don't know much about it, even when it was originally released.

Re: colour Veccy, would've been cool if, by 1984/85 we had seen a colour followup to the Vectrex, imagine officially licenced Star Wars, Gravitar etc.
    I think the Nes would have killed it off sharpish though, as the 80's drew on the Vector graphic display became rarer and rarer in arcades.
    Just a pity that dirty tricks from Atari had to put an end to the Vectrex' promise, just as they did to the Colecovision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Well you could argue that Nintendo did the same to Atari when the Nes arrived, making sure certain game companies would only release their games for Nintendo for a certain time-frame to top sales.
    Helped knock the 7800 out of competition with them, not that it would have made a difference regardless imo.

Swings and roundabouts.

• Advertisement

batari wrote: »
    Swings and roundabouts.

I wonder if this applies to Sony with the PS3? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement