Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Nightmare Circus?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Splatterhouse 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Retr0? Splatterhouse 3 never got a PAL release, just NTSC and JAP

The game I got was Death and Return of Superman. One of the hardest to get MD titles that its actully possible to get if you know what I mean. It commands a high price but nowhere near the 4 or 5 figures that games like Tetris for the MD demand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

A side scrolling beat'em up with Superman? Sounds good.

knowing how these things go its more than likely a **** game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The game I got was Death and Return of Superman. One of the hardest to get MD titles that its actully possible to get if you know what I mean. It commands a high price but nowhere near the 4 or 5 figures that games like Tetris for the MD demand

**** off. Just **** right off! Who/how/what/why/where?

Is it complete?

Was it expensive?

Have you fapped?

Man, congrats. I'm pretty sure that's harder to find than Wily.

Its complete and mint. Coming from another collector, wasnt as expensive as i thought.

When its in my hands it will have cost me in total about 170, which isnt good but I dont think its bad either considering.

Plus whats the point of money if you dont spend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Nice. I saw a SNES copy in RAGE a while ago for 70euro and it was marked "rare" but I didn't believe them.

No idea about the SNES version of it now but the MD version is usually marked as "extremly rare"

http://www.retrocollect.com/search/game-4584.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nice. I saw a SNES copy in RAGE a while ago for 70euro and it was marked "rare" but I didn't believe them.

can-of-worms-001.png

Master of the Universe

The Snes version is uncommon, but nothing special. I'd say a fully boxed copy would sell for a bit, but as do all Snes fully boxed games. Unboxed I think it's worth about 30 euro or so. Maybe even less.

The PAL Megadrive one though is by far one of the rarest PAL releases. I would say the top rare ones go -

World Championship Soccer 2 blue label (I've never seen one on ebay. There are no high res scans so people can't make copies. Last one I heard of sold for 700 euro)

Fatal Fury 2 - PAL Australia only. I've only ever seen two of these on ebay. One is in bits and stupidly expensive. The other sold for about 40 euro and I fell asleep during the auction :(:(:(

Death and Return of Superman

Wily Wars/Punisher/Daze Before Christmas (possibly a couple more I cant think of right now)

You get a few (not too many, but a few) Wily Wars showing up and selling for a lot of money...It's rare as hell, but part of the reason it sells for so much is because of what it is, a PAL only Megaman Megadrive game! It's odd.

Death and Return of Superman is nothing special as a game. It's value is PURELY based on rarity.

/Edit - Hmm, maybe I'm underestimating the rarity of Wily Wars. Right now there are no copies on ebay but two Supermans.

Who knows! I think when you get to this level of uncommon it's practically impossible to tell which is harder to come by. Shame we don't have exact numbers of copies published/sold.

I always remember that Fatal Fury incident with you, ended at like 2 in the morning didnt it.

Wily Wars and Punisher are the only ones left on my hit list and thats the main rare ones gotten.

Mutant League hockey is another one thats rare, one sold for about £100 last week I think

Master of the Universe

I always remember that Fatal Fury incident with you, ended at like 2 in the morning didnt it.

Yep, that's what you get for watching Aus auctions.

I literally waited years for that auction. Years! It was about a year ago now and I haven't seen another since.
    Wily Wars and Punisher are the only ones left on my hit list and thats the main rare ones gotten.

Mutant League hockey is another one thats rare, one sold for about £100 last week I think

You know, I'd have a Punisher now if you didn't tout the CIB only game thing so much! There was one on ebay about a year (maybe two?) ago. Game and box only. But buy it now for 30 pounds. At the time I thought 'ah, if Jack Burton says no to no booklets, so do I!'

What a fool I was!

Here's a decent priced Mutant League Hockey. Although I think that's one that you may get for cheaper if you wait for a standard auction -

http://global.ebay.com/culte-mutant-league-hockey-sega-mega-drive-complet/190544265297/item

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yep, that's what you get for watching Aus auctions.

I literally waited years for that auction. Years! It was about a year ago now and I haven't seen another since.

You know, I'd have a Punisher now if you didn't tout the CIB only game thing so much! There was one on ebay about a year (maybe two?) ago. Game and box only. But buy it now for 30 pounds. At the time I thought 'ah, if Jack Burton says no to no booklets, so do I!'

What a fool I was!

Here's a decent priced Mutant League Hockey. Although I think that's one that you may get for cheaper if you wait for a standard auction -

http://global.ebay.com/culte-mutant-league-hockey-sega-mega-drive-complet/190544265297/item

Not a bad price considering what its gone for in the past. I got mine for about a 5 or 6 euro if you break it down :pac:

Master of the Universe

Ah I didn't know you had that. Nice one!

Here's an interesting list I just came across of PAL MD rares -

World Championship Soccer 2
    Fatal Fury 2
    Death And Return Of Superman
    Pirates Of The Dark Water
    Demolition Man
    Bodycount
    Mega Man: The Wily Wars
    Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel
    Spider-Man The Animated Series
    Aero The Acrobat 2
    Art Of Fighting
    Addams Family Values
    Tintin In Tibet
    Flink
    Spiderman Separation Anxiety
    Pocahontas
    Normy's Beach Babe O Rama
    Dragonball Z
    Ecco Jr
    NBA Action 95 Starring David Robinson,
    Seaquest DSV,
    Daze Before Christmas,
    Time Killers,
    Spirou,
    Alien Soldier,
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine,
    Pink Goes To Hollywood,
    Dick Vitales Awesome Baby College Hoops,
    McDonalds Treasureland Adventure,
    Madden 97 (Yup im being serious!)
    Robocop 3

Just bought Madden 97 CIB for the craic. Only one on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why do I keep reading this thread, every time I read it and I'm trying to save money I end up on ebay and buy crap. Anyway I'm now the proud owner of a piece of SNK hardware at last. A neo geo pocket from japan 16 euro including shipping. Who needs a NES when you own something from SNK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

keithgeo wrote: »
    got a Gameboy advanced for a couple of quid.
    IMG_9006.jpg
    I got that same one for free two weeks ago :cool:

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why do I keep reading this thread, every time I read it and I'm trying to save money I end up on ebay and buy crap. Anyway I'm now the proud owner of a piece of SNK hardware at last. A neo geo pocket from japan 16 euro including shipping. Who needs a NES when you own something from SNK.

That NGP must have cost absolutely nothing, as I'd have guessed it would cost about €16 to ship from Japan! :D

Bargain anyway, nice one. Next stop - Neo Geo AES ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I have a NeoGeo pocket color, but alas no games for it! It does tell me my horoscope though!

Ah I didn't know you had that. Nice one!

Here's an interesting list I just came across of PAL MD rares -

World Championship Soccer 2
    Fatal Fury 2
    Death And Return Of Superman
    Pirates Of The Dark Water
    Demolition Man
    Bodycount
    Mega Man: The Wily Wars
    Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel
    Aero The Acrobat 2
    Art Of Fighting
    Addams Family Values
    Tintin In Tibet
    Flink
    Spiderman Separation Anxiety
    Pocahontas
    Normy's Beach Babe O Rama
    Dragonball Z
    Ecco Jr
    NBA Action 95 Starring David Robinson,
    Seaquest DSV,
    Daze Before Christmas,
    Time Killers,
    Spirou,
    Alien Soldier,
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine,
    Pink Goes To Hollywood,
    Dick Vitales Awesome Baby College Hoops,
    McDonalds Treasureland Adventure,
    Madden 97 (Yup im being serious!)
    Robocop 3

Just bought Madden 97 CIB for the craic. Only one on ebay.

Thats a good list, I have Pirates of the Dark Water on the way awell, won it a few weeks ago for 11 euro, didnt know it was a rare one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Who needs a NES when you own something from SNK.

Everyone :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I have demolition man and i vaugely remember having madden 97 and world championship soccer 2, although there are so many of those games it might not be them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I picked up Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door on the Gamecube for 16 euro today, it was in 3D Games on Grafton Street. GET THE **** IN!

I stopped bothering to go in there because the prices were just absurd. And then they go and give 1000 year door away for a bargain:(

Master of the Universe

Thats a good list, I have Pirates of the Dark Water on the way awell, won it a few weeks ago for 11 euro, didnt know it was a rare one

Yeah, Pirates of the Dark Water doesn't come up too regularly. You got a steal there.
    keithgeo wrote: »
    I have demolition man and i vaugely remember having madden 97 and world championship soccer 2, although there are so many of those games it might not be them either.

Did you have the 'classics' release of World Championship Soccer 2?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/World-Championship-Soccer-2-Sega-Mega-Drive-PAL-BOXED-/120674977150?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1c18ca057e

Here's the weird thing about this game. The original, 'blue label version' sold barely anything. In fact, people were convinced it didn't exist. Last time I checked there were only 3 or 4 known copies in the world. There may be a few more now given how well known its rarity is.

Here's what it looks like. -

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?11767-World-Championship-Soccer-2-PAL-Blue-Box-for-Sale

If you had this, well...lets just say it's a shame you didn't hang onto it!

Why Sega released a 'classics' version of a game that sold barely any copies is an oddity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

actually now that i see the box i dont think i have either of them, ive built up quite a collection of megadrive football games ill never play though, due to buying up 5 or 6 games in bunches off ebay. theres always one you already have or dont really want!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »

Eamonn to that Brother Enternow!

That NGP must have cost absolutely nothing, as I'd have guessed it would cost about €16 to ship from Japan! :D

Bargain anyway, nice one. Next stop - Neo Geo AES ;)

I find the japanese are actually really reasonable with postage abroad. Postage was 5 euro. You don't see a lot of sellers from japan giving postage costs for a DS game or unboxed N64 game for 15-20 euros.
    safetyboy wrote: »
    I have a NeoGeo pocket color, but alas no games for it! It does tell me my horoscope though!

Well mines coming with a pachinko game so it might as well be no game :)
    EnterNow wrote: »

Your opinion will only matter when you own hardware from SNK. Actually a few years ago someone said that to me and meant it!

Your opinion will only matter when you own hardware from SNK. Actually a few years ago someone said that to me and meant it!

That doesn't change the fact that you still have no NES :eek: :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doesn't my opinion matter?
    I happen to agree with Enternow and I own a couple of pieces of SNK hardware, as well as the almost ubiquitous NES.
    So, what's the dealyo?
    I mean, Retr0, buddy, wouldn't it be so much easier to just give in?
    Just let go that branch and be swept up by the current of Nes'ness that flows through these here parts?
    Not that expensive, you be playing SMB3 for around 30 quid or so.
    You'd never have to listen to us abusing you ever again, at least abusing you about not owning a NES, we'll still give you stick for your unfortunate CDi fetish...

CDi will have to wait, they just can't be got without rapetime shipping prices. Same with the NES and as I said 50 Hz just isn't an option. Famicoms seem to be much cheaper to get and the postage is more reasonable from japan but I can't find a converter for US NES games even though it's easy to find a converter for famicom games on a US system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Pfft, NES this and NES that, your opinion will only matter if you have famicoms. :P

CDi will have to wait, they just can't be got without rapetime shipping prices. Same with the NES and as I said 50 Hz just isn't an option. Famicoms seem to be much cheaper to get and the postage is more reasonable from japan but I can't find a converter for US NES games even though it's easy to find a converter for famicom games on a US system.

That's just silly man, a NES is €20/€30. Even a lowly 50Hz model is one of the best gaming consoles to ever see the light of day. Snubbing that for 60Hz just shows how pretentious you really are :D

I'd rather play the games in 60 Hz through emulation than play them in 50 Hz. You're getting a much inferior play experience in 50 Hz, it's not worth it. There's a big difference between playing games in 50/60 Hz, it's not just the music, speed and borders, the games play and feel a whole lot smoother in 60 Hz. I've played these games in 60 Hz on emulators already and I just can't go back to 50 Hz because of how bad it is. It might be only 20/30 euros but for me it's 20/30 euros wasted. I grew up in the 90's and was infuriated by how poor the PAL conversions were back then and the magazines giving out about it all the time and now in the age of ebay there's absolutely no reason to put up with it and I won't.

DING DING!
    No name calling!
    Gotta set a good example for the young'uns, no not o1s1n, he's not the babe any more!
    If you want to state facts and refer to a retr0game loving member of the forum as a sad, no Nes owning CDi apologist go right ahead, these are facts, I'll make that both bold and underlined, for emphasis.
    But pretentious?
    Sure, we're all pretentious!
    You can't get in here without a membership card for the Pretentiousness Club!

(Used to be you needed to own a Nes as well, but standards have sadly slipped) ;)

I'm not offended and sure I'm guilty of being pretentious.

Master of the Universe

My girlfriend thinks I'm a babe :(

My mam says I'm a catch... actually no she doesn't, she says I'm a waster, to finish up college or she'll kick me out and now I'm a weirdo because I'm going to nom con :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Could always pick up a neo geo cd

*yes yes stop laughing i know it's not same as aes or with the ;):D;):D;):D;):D

Master of the Universe

Well at least with the appearance of Sera on the scene she doesn't have to worry about the cross dressing as much anymore :p

'No mother, don't worry, this negligee is worn by an anime character, it's just cosplay'

'Oh yeah? in what show?'

'er..um..' /flees out the door

• Advertisement

Don't worry, my mam thinks we're both weirdos for going to nom con.

My wife says I'm a complete useless b@stard who would rather sit here, typing away than do any housework or gardening, she's right too!
    She also says lots of other things, much of it questioning my suitability as a father given my penchant for videogames and my pursuit of self gratification.

Or something like that.

Well, I thought we were sharing, no?

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    given my penchant for videogames and my pursuit of self gratification.

If that's a simultanious thing you have going on there then I now understand why your gamesroom is hidden up in an attic.

I'm not offended and sure I'm guilty of being pretentious.

Absoloutely no offence intended, I just feel that for the price of a NES your argument falls short. I do agree re 60Hz, its the definitive way to play...but would I let that prevent me from playing a NES? Nope, not by a longshot. Not when they're so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

16? Do they have any more? Always wanted one of those.

The guy seems to be one of those people that picks things up at markets and sells them not knowing what they have, which is basically how I got my Virtual Boy as well. I checked and they have a few japanese saturn games and a neo geo CD game but no consoles. They seem to be going pretty cheap. I wanted one when I seen one go last week for 30 with 4 good games. The biggest hurdle for getting consoles is the crappy postage you have to pay but check the japanese auctions on paypal global, they are much more reasonable. I just checked again and postage was actually 3.50 not 5 euros!

• Advertisement

The guy seems to be one of those people that picks things up at markets and sells them not knowing what they have, which is basically how I got my Virtual Boy as well. I checked and they have a few japanese saturn games and a neo geo CD game but no consoles. They seem to be going pretty cheap. I wanted one when I seen one go last week for 30 with 4 good games. The biggest hurdle for getting consoles is the crappy postage you have to pay but check the japanese auctions on paypal global, they are much more reasonable. I just checked again and postage was actually 3.50 not 5 euros!
    in fairness theres numberous vbs+vectrex going cheap at mo on ebay,just not at the adverts rate of a fiver.

Veccies? I can't find them cheap myself but I haven't done a thorough search. I really want one but I'll wait a bit.

Veccies? I can't find them cheap myself but I haven't done a thorough search. I really want one but I'll wait a bit.
    just type into ebay,theres some not even bidded on yet,just a day or two left.

*in before the ;):D;):D

They're still a bit expensive for my tastes at the moment and not many shipping to ireland. Any idea what they would normally go for?

Varies,don't have one,numberous cool kids here have picked some up for under €50,postage cost can cost more than the unit with its weight,but if mail the seller requesting courier delivery *like parcelforce* some will oblige,vecs not my taste,but,if you want to be a square come and join me lol.

Another odd machine is the amstrad gx4000,can be got cheaply,turned it chance to win it on auction watches because there's hardly any descent games for it,but yet the carts can go for €20-€40!..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement