Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought there'd be a fair few very rare games on the gx4000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

There is,but most of them where straight ports of their tape cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

My cheapo Samsung smartphone doesn't have multitouch so playing Pew Pew on it is the equivalent of playing an FPS with a guitar controller!

I know what you mean, samsung galaxy Europa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just got back from The Pav, picked up all of this (bar American Splendor that I picked up yesterday along with a free Nintendo DS on Adverts.ie).

Already have The Warriors but I got it again as my disc got scratched. Already have OutRun 2006 on XBOX and XBLA but got it again as a completist item. Also nabbed the new FC Barcelona home shirt to go with the new away shirt I got last week. :D

JXyMS.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Couple of new bits, got this gameboy advanced for 6 Euro off ebay!

It filth, scrapes on the screen etc so got a new cover off rewind bits for about 5 quid, got a triwing screwdriver for 1.29 and a 72pin in the delivery too. so this was it before.

IMG_9110.jpg

and this is it after, great quality cases off there. i took loads of pics doing it so i can do up a guide for my site.

IMG_9131.jpg

Also got these for 4 euro delivered.. EMPTY BOX ALERT! :pac: they all had manuals in them including the gamegear box.

IMG_9137.jpg
    IMG_9138.jpg

and i got this off adverts for 13.

IMG_9136.jpg

Lovely work on the GB sir. The boxes are bordering SC-OCD though!

Get those boys in cello wraps pronto for SG-OCD. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Eirezman

Just bought/got FIFA´11

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard that game predates space wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Just back from the market, got myself kingdom hearts, crash bandicoot 2 and lego star wars on the ds all for a fiver, pretty pleased finally completed my crash collection.

was at the NAAS market today, worst market ever.

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    was at the NAAS market today, worst market ever.

Agreed, wasnt worth the 2 euro parking when i was their

yeh the cheek of them, they where charging that the first few weeks and there was hardly anyone there. its free parking now but its still not worth it. theres nothing there at all. its brutal.

Cots1 wrote: »
    Kingdom Hearts

That CIB?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    That CIB?

Even google couldnt help me with that one, the platinum ps2 version it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I debated whether or not to venture to Balbriggan today to see what was about, but pickings were quite slim last week so I'll give people another week to empty their gaming goodness into the back of a van and sell to me next week.
    Another retro collectors seen trawling MY patch will be dragged out and beaten, before being left to the perverted tendencies of the locals.

Just back from balbriggan market. Picked up a mint Vectrex with a few games. Also got Radiant Silvergun, Wiley Wars, Batman and Robin on the Mega CD and Tombi!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just back from balbriggan market. Picked up a mint Vectrex with a few games. Also got Radiant Silvergun, Wiley Wars, Batman and Robin on the Mega CD and Tombi!

Dammit!

Wait a darn minute there!
    You're having me on!
    You funny so and so, chuckle chortle...

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Still no Nes though?
    Poor little diet-Retr0gamer, just no Nes? Not Retr0 enough, to paraphrase Dr.Evil.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Met a mate yesterday who gave me his old c64.
    It was a bit scruffed up and he wasnt sure it was working.
    ..after a take apart , reseating a load of keys and a preliminary clean its looking a lot better .Thankfully its just dirty , not yellowed.

th_163f9dc5-1.jpg
    I haven't cleaned the tapedeck yet so that gives you an idea of how the commy looked originally
    I still need to get a replacement spring for one of the keys , but its working fine.
    At this stage though I've 4! c64s..so I'll probably be trading this fella once I get a spring :)

• Advertisement

Looks nice, no yellowing ! would look great in that box you mentioned to me the other day.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Got this for free off a friend who's moving to London.

Nubytech 15th Anniversary stick.
    Happ Competition stick, random 30mm buttons I had with Sanwa SW-68 switches.
    Only works on PS2 for now since I'm too lazy to fix for a system I don't have (Xbox1).

Nubytech_Happ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

^Now, that's just sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

5973082671_9713bed297_b.jpg

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    ^Now, that's just sexy.

Indeed, the Gospel According To KO Kiki (p362, verse 47:17) states that this is graded as a fine stick. What's the throw like on that one?

@safetyboy Nice VB game by the way! Didn't know you had a VB. Is it NTSC-J or a NTSC-U console?

Indeed, the Gospel According To KO Kiki (p362, verse 47:17) states that this is graded as a fine stick. What's the throw like on that one?

@safetyboy Nice VB game by the way! Didn't know you had a VB. Is it NTSC-J or a NTSC-U console?

5829955530_4968b883b8_z.jpg

proud of my digital feather duster too! :pac:

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    proud of my digital feather duster too! :pac:

Forget the feather duster, I'm surprised anyone can hear you over those socks on your airer!

Yeah Safetyboy, there's a lot to be said for
    TAKING GIANT PICTURES OF VB GAMES!

And a picture says a thousand words,
    your last one says "I'm a messy fecker!"
    And "I don't know how to crop my laundry out of photographs!"

touchy :)

Only kidding!

VB games are great, well some of them are!
    I own a good few and my fave is Galactic Pinball, love the sense of depth.

I emailed Ninty a year ago about VB games on the 3DS, well you never know!

These arrived today. :)

8OUmr.jpg

• Advertisement

Want Iridion 2!

safetyboy wrote: »
    Want Iridion 2!

There's lots of cart only copies available to buy, but I really struggled to find a fully boxed copy in decent nick for a sensible price. I got my copy from a guy in Germany who, oddly, added a fun size pack of Haribo gummies to the parcel. :confused:

Wasn't cheap but I just tested it now and it's a wonderful game. Really pushes the GBA to to the city limits and beyond in to the wild yonder. Well worth the investment I think. :)

Fatal Fury 2 was an impulse, decided I'd like to get as many PC Engine Arcade CD titles as I can, see if I can get the set. The sealed item is a 4 port HDMI switch. I'm out of ports on my AV Receiver. Same with TOSLink ports, got a switch for that on Friday last week along with Blu Ray copies of Akira Steelbook and Le Mans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I got my copy from a guy in Germany who, oddly, added a fun size pack of Haribo gummies to the parcel. :confused:

They always stick sweets in with anything I get from firebox.co.uk, I kind of like it.
    Seems less formal or something :)

Got this gameboy in the door today.

IMG_9184.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Came in the post yesterday..Atari 2600Jr Black.......:D Big Pics coming thru, sorry about the size......:rolleyes:.
    Came with 5 games:

Missile Command, Kangaroo, Pole Position, Galaxian and River Raid.

Needs a good cleaning but all working otherwise.

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

Saw yours a few days ago, thought I gotta pick one of them up soon, finally picked one up off the bay! €22 delivered, with one controller and psu and lead, I just hope it looks as good as yours when it lands....

Two words for cleaning carts and consoles people - baby wipes!! Works for me :D:cool:

Can you open atari carts safely to clean? im afraid to force them in case they break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Retro on big screen thanks to this arrival today :D

purchased from here http://www.arcadeforge.de/?page_id=880#DIY%20Scaler%20Kit

That's great news, I've been waiting ages for the Sync Strike kit. I have the scaler PCB already, just need Sync and SLG3000 now. :)

keithgeo wrote: »
    Can you open atari carts safely to clean? im afraid to force them in case they break.

The majority of carts are held together with screws on the front under the label. I've read of people heating up the glue under the label to remove it to open them up, but there's no way I'd chance that. I can imagine the carnage I would end up with, bits of label everywhere!
    Some carts can be snapped open easy enough though, I think it's just the Activision white label type.
    Just use the tried and tested cotton bud option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My Vectrex controller is a little bit off but likewise, there's a sticker over the screw holes. Apparently a hair dryer on the sticker heats the glue enough to lift it without destroying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

These arrived today. :)

8OUmr.jpg

Beauty, Iridion II is a top Shmup really pushes the GBA hardware, not too difficult but there's a few parts that really irk me
    also the stages are kinda long, small complaints really as it's a top game

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

I got Power Rangers : Time Force for gbc for free!:D
    Got Pokemon Platnium for DS, Finally! (I know, its not retro...)

My haul I received today. :)

CLICK HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My haul I received today. :)

CLICK HERE
    Be wary of playing Soulcalibur III -- it's known to corrupt PS2 memory cards.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Be wary of playing Soulcalibur III -- it's known to corrupt PS2 memory cards.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually don't even know why I have that game, I thought I picked up something else. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just paid for my Superman and managed to get the seller to throw in Spiderman the Animated Series and Goerge Foreman For Real Boxing for cheap with it haha

Items that arrived today plus the BD's I got last week. Nice to have Daytona USA NTSC-J to match my Daytona USA: Circuit Edition NTSC-J. :)

tiq33.jpg

QFULw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Items that arrived today plus the BD's I got last week. Nice to have Daytona USA NTSC-J to match my Daytona USA: Circuit Edition NTSC-J. :)

tiq33.jpg

QFULw.jpg

the controls on Midway Treasures are well dodgy, a poor conversion but a bit of fun none the less.

How is the transfer on the Akira BD?

• Advertisement

the controls on Midway Treasures are well dodgy, a poor conversion but a bit of fun none the less.

How is the transfer on the Akira BD?

I've not tried either yet. Re Midway Treasures, I have a PS2 version as well, I just got the XBOX one for completism and SHMUP goodness. :)

I've actually not opened Akira yet. Not had the time to sit down and check it out properly.

However Le Mans is just absolutely fantastic. I've an Onkyo receiver with Dolby True HD/DTS HD (and 3D) capabilities and my word it really stretches my systems legs.

Absolutely glorious Ferrari P4 and Gulf Porsche sounds. An incredible experience it has to be said.

Here's some Akira grabs though which should give an indication of quality.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Akira-Blu-ray/1872/#Screenshots

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement