Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

4ad5da10.jpg
    Hopefully photobucket works now.
    There's a 1 quid a game bargain bin in rage . Happy dance! (the gg copy of kickoff was 2 though. Apparntly the Atari cart shouldn't have been there but they gave it to me for a quid anyway :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Came with two games Lopping and Donkey Kong. Also came with 4 Intellivision games....

I have a Coleco and the adaptor as well, mine has some internal issues though :(
    Must get Kerbdog to look, see whats the story.

Donkey Kong is sublime on it though, better than virtually all the rest, arguably the best, bar the off the charts god-hood of the GB version, and that becomes Galactus in scale played thru a SuperGameboy, but I digress.

Looping is an old fav as well, Mr Do! another game worth owning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up a very fetching Asteroids DeLuxe Tee in Pennys yesterday for a mere 8 euro.
    XL, and a tad tight at that, but dammit it's a fine shirt man-boobs be damned!

This is the print on the front, albeit with an atari logo in white at the top of the flyer image,
    asteroids_deluxe_flyer.bmp

Back from the market in Balbriggan.
    The place is very poor pickings for 16 and 8 bit goodies.
    On the other hand picked up a Crystal Xbox and a standard Xbox for 11 euro, plus about 10 games, including the superb versions of GTAIII and Vice City.
    No controllers though, but I'm working on it.
    May mod them both and sell them as media centres to retro loving folk.
    Great as emulator machines too, cheap heart of a Mame cab.
    If you're interested I'll put them on adverts and the local trading forum here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

those are great for media centres i have two of them around the house myself. not much at the market i went to yesterday either, still had that gamecube for 30 and a dreamcast for 25 but didnt get them this week, especially after the advice given last week on not paying over 10 quid for em.

Negotiating for a crystal Xbox controller to go with the crystal Xbox, sweet!
    Wonder if there is a market for Xbox consoles as media hubs?

well, i know when the original xbox was out my girlfriends brother made a fortune chipping them and putting hardrives in with media centre etc on them. im talking charging people 250quid to do it and sticking a few games on it. that was for the chip, harddrive and the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    well, i know when the original xbox was out my girlfriends brother made a fortune chipping them and putting hardrives in with media centre etc on them. im talking charging people 250quid to do it and sticking a few games on it. that was for the chip, harddrive and the work.

I used to do that myself years ago. I did most of the orders that came from Ireland for modconsole.co.uk before they got shut down.

There was good money in it at the time :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

250 euros? Some people are stupid. My friend found a way to do it with a chip that didn't even need soldering for 20 euro. I used to have to pay 120 euro for a chipped PS2 when the PS2 inevitibly went tits up but that required some one to do micro soldering for an hour so it was fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

5994156023_f4147fa7fd_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Picked up a very fetching Asteroids DeLuxe Tee in Pennys yesterday for a mere 8 euro.

Nice! Is that in The Pav? Did they have any other designs?

@safetyboy loving the Dangerous Seed acquisition.

Myself I've just managed to purchase a CIB, mint condition, Super Famicom with 2 controllers boxed, original bags and manuals and papers and no sun tan!

Can't wait for some Darius Twin on that!

Just picked up this lot for 10 euro from adverts! needs a clean, took a quick couple of pics in my mates before i head home. 10 euro! :pac:

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

Nice woody! I'm sorely tempted to source one. The Doc got me interested in them telling me about the lively Atari scene. :)

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Nice woody!

Waa-Hey! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Nice woody!

You should know better;)
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Waa-Hey! ;)

Very mature Ciderbloke:pac:

• Advertisement

Hah! I laid out the welcome mat, put the cat out, popped two bottles of milk on the doorstep and walked right in to that one.

In other news, looks like Espagaluda II wait time has decreased. Mine was dispatched from Play Asia on Friday. I forget who else ordered one recently but I'd say expect it I the mail very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hah! I laid out the welcome mat, put the cat out, popped two bottles of milk on the doorstep and walked right in to that one.

In other news, looks like Espagaluda II wait time has decreased. Mine was dispatched from Play Asia on Friday. I forget who else ordered one recently but I'd say expect it I the mail very soon.

Always be seriously careful when talking about 2600's :D

I had a big black one for a while, didn't use it as much as you'd imagine, figured that a typical woody is perfect for my needs and passed the other one onto someone else.
    There, no double entendre there at all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Play-asia can take a while to arrive, just be warned. I waited the best part of two months for Espgaluda II to arrive - that was during the ash cloud, granted, but even when the panic was over I still had to wait for ages. Average delivery time is a few weeks anyway.

True. My copy of Mushihimesama Futari took about a month to arrive, though it took an age to dispatch as it was on back order. Espgaluda 2 however has dispatched a LOT quicker. Before that my Saturn Action Replay and Famitsu Wave order arrived very quickly.

I guess it depends on what you are ordering...? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah, I don't know, I've ordered quite a few things off them over the years and they've always taken the best part of a few weeks to a month to arrive. They're still extremely reliable, but the speed is a bit of a pain. They probably opt for ship mail - as I've probably said before, I shipped my friends some candy from Tokyo using it before Christmas and they arrived sometime in March / April :pac: Paying the couple of extra yen for better delivery may well be worth it when it comes to Japanese orders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

got second dreamcast + few games, gun etc. Also Atari 65XE + tape player. Will post pictures after cleaning with soap and hydro-peroxide (retr0bright)

docentore wrote: »
    got second dreamcast + few games, gun etc. Also Atari 65XE + tape player. Will post pictures after cleaning with soap and hydro-peroxide (retr0bright)

Nice work! Can you document the process with pics please? Nobody ever shows the steps for cleaning with that stuff. :)

I'm tempted to knock up some of the retr0brite , but tbh with a two year old around the house and some of the ingredients being capable of leaving a nasty burn I'd be a bit wary.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Just picked up this lot for 10 euro from adverts! needs a clean, took a quick couple of pics in my mates before i head home. 10 euro! :pac:

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg
    congrats on that one , I saw that a bit late ...kicking myself I was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It worries me that everytime I see a bunch of 2600 games I automatically go looking for ET :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Nice work! Can you document the process with pics please? Nobody ever shows the steps for cleaning with that stuff. :)

that is my plan. I forgot to take pictures of soap bath but this step should be obvious to repeat ;)
    Today I picked up two cheap blonde brighteners with 12% hydro peroxide.
    I'm going to create separate thread for this.

Damn you rage bargain bin!!
    599c388a.jpg
    Nabbed chase hq on the commodore even though it's pants . Also I don't normally collect spectrum stuff but that outrun is the version with the audiotape of the arcade music included. The lord of midnight game was bought as they just don't make boxes like that anymore ( plus it came with a key template and a novella/manual)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Damn you rage bargain bin!!
    599c388a.jpg
    Nabbed chase hq on the commodore even though it's pants . Also I don't normally collect spectrum stuff but that outrun is the version with the audiotape of the arcade music included. The lord of midnight game was bought as they just don't make boxes like that anymore ( plus it came with a key template and a novella/manual)

Aw man...that Outrun box & ChaseHQ have just flux capacitated me back to 1990 :cool:

True Pinball, not a bad game that, not bad at all.

• Advertisement

Copy of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow arrived today, got if off adverts for a tenner. Been looking for it for ages so happy with that deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Copy of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow arrived today, got if off adverts for a tenner. Been looking for it for ages so happy with that deal :)

Great deal, top quality game. I bloody love the CastleVania series on DS

I just nabbed that NES off adverts for 50! picked it up earlier, came with 13 games 10 of em boxed including castlevania, zelda and megaman 2! 2 controllers, zapper, console and it had the original box too which he didnt even put in the ad! the boxes off the games are all in mint condition, he even had manuals for the NES, club nintendo manual, and the games in the boxes are still in plastic bags! ill post some pics later when i get home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah... well... it's not NTSC... ok I am jealous :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That was an amazing lot alright. Have you looked through the Zelda box? does it have everything?

honestly i havent checked yet, i had to come into work straight after i picked it up. the zelda box has a bit of cellotape on the top, its the worst condition out of the lot but even at that, its in good condition. there was a copy of Gyromite in the games too which he also didnt list on the ad. ill give them all a good check later.

Master of the Universe

Thought I'd jump on the Neo Geo Pocket bandwagon. Really quite interested now in getting a complete PAL CIB collection.

Got one from Japan. Not quite as good as Retr0's deal, but still not bad at €21 delivered.

Oh and here's how to change a Jap unit's language to English. Just putting it here in case I can't find it again once it arrives :D

With no cartridge in the system, turn the unit on (need to hold down the button for a second or two). It'll bring up the Pocket Menu which is in Japanese. There are 5 selections on the screen. Choose the single selection in the third row. Select it and press A. The first question will be "Choose your language" which will be in Japanese but you'll see English or Japanese options. Choose English.

Evolution is going to cost you a fortune!

I hope my NGP is in good nick, looks good in the photos and usually japanese people are very modest about the condition of items in their auctions.

Also if you don't want Faselei in a Clam Shell I got it from the most unusual place, amazon.co.uk! It's still kind of steep but I was fed up getting sniped at auctions. Also some of the US releases are actually the PAL games repackaged.

Master of the Universe

Any idea how much Evolution goes for? Can't seem to see any ended auctions on ebay.

Glad to hear you got Faselei anyway! I haven't tried hunting that one yet, so am going to aim for clamshell at the moment. It's expensive enough from some auctions I've looked at, but doesn't seem to be PDS or Radiant Silvergun bad.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen any auctions of it either but there's a reason for that because it's geniunely rare not like Radiant Silvergun or FFVII. I heard it can go for 300 dollars upward but there's been none on sale for ages. Also I don't think it came out in a clam shell.

Faselei! seems to go for about 60-70 buy it now but as you saw it went for 30 including shipping recently. I was bidding on one a while ago, was from some one with 2 feedback so decided to take and chance and put in a reserve bid. Ended up going for 55 sterling! But the week before I narrowly missed out on one that went for 25 clamshell and all. Anyway Faselei! was one I really had to have, I quite like Sacnoths games, not always great but always interesting. Have heard Faselei! is great though especially for Front Mission fans... like me!

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I haven't seen any auctions of it either but there's a reason for that because it's geniunely rare not like Radiant Silvergun or FFVII. I heard it can go for 300 dollars upward but there's been none on sale for ages. Also I don't think it came out in a clam shell.

I just read somewhere that there was only between 500 and 1000 English copies of that game made. FFS, there's always one, isn't there?!

Ah well, I shall add it to my ebay watch list and see if anything pops up.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Faselei! seems to go for about 60-70 buy it now but as you saw it went for 30 including shipping recently. I was bidding on one a while ago, was from some one with 2 feedback so decided to take and chance and put in a reserve bid. Ended up going for 55 sterling! But the week before I narrowly missed out on one that went for 25 clamshell and all. Anyway Faselei! was one I really had to have, I quite like Sacnoths games, not always great but always interesting. Have heard Faselei! is great though especially for Front Mission fans... like me!

I did see them indeed. In fact I heard nothing of the game until you mentioned it, saw those auctions and thought 'hmm, doesn't seem to be that rare afterall', so didn't bid! I guess I'll be kicking myself now when the NGP arrives and I can't find it for less than €50.

Speaking of which, have you considered modding your NGP with a frontlight? You can use one from a GBA SP. Means sacrificing an SP...but it would definitely be worth it.

I haven't considered it but I'm not mad about front lights since they still aren't great. It depends on how bad the screen is when I get the machine. Also if I get an SP I'd have to buy two because currently I've only the old school GBA and will likely keep the SP :)

Master of the Universe

Well it's as bad as a GBA, which is pretty dire, verging on unplayable.

There's a picture of the end result screen with the frontlight here. There's colour wash out..but then it's better than not being able to see the picture at all.

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2719.0

The only other option would be to somehow fit a backlit LCD. I wonder could an SP 101 backlit LCD transfer over?

I think the screens are different resolutions so might not work.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Oh wow! Not bad at all. If you were on the verge of a complete set and that came up at that price you'd be one happy camper.

I get the impression that not too many people seem to collect games for the NGP.

Yeah seems that way. Faselei! apparently only has 5000-10000 copies in circulation which puts it in taromaru psychic assassin territory but it goes for no where near the same price.

Today I received these items. Most are CIB/SC-OCD/SG-OCD. :)

zGDgK.jpg

d2a6s.jpg
    Taito Legends Vol. 1 & Capcom Classics Vol.1

5p3BQ.jpg
    Gradius Deluxe Pack, Detana Twinbee Yahho! Deluxe Pack, Puyo Puyo 2 & Puyo Puyo Sun! (ALL NTSC-J)

1i54M.jpg
    Namco Museum Volume 2 & Namco Museum Volume 3 (ALL PAL)

joUV6.jpg
    Image Fight (NTSC-J) & 4gb RAM taking my laptop to 8gb RAM.

I received two more items. See below post.

Received these two items today in addition to the above. Both CIB and in mint condition. Think these are going in my floor safe! :o

vkgQ8.jpg

aF9JC.jpg

ehCde.jpg

KFn7f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

How much was Do-Don-Pachi Daioujou :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement