Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ahally

Gradius is a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ahally

will check it out also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Wheres this 3d games place?

here what I got today, just some cat food from Netherlands, or is it?

DSCF1498.jpg
    DSCF1499.jpg
    DSCF1501.jpg
    DSCF1506.jpg
    DSCF1505.jpg
    DSCF1508.jpg
    DSCF1509.jpg
    DSCF1503.jpg

All in minty goodness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Hyper NeoGeo 64 + 3 games (Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage, Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition and Buriki One)

Quick and dirty pics:

dsc4607z.jpg
    dsc4612o.jpg
    dsc4617o.jpg
    dsc4616i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wheres this 3d games place?

here what I got today, just some cat food from Netherlands, or is it?

All in minty goodness!

Damn! I thought it would have been the cat food :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, I was betting on cat food as well...

Actually, is there some unsuspecting sap in Austria somewhere getting a waited upon Hyper NeoGeo 64 box, opening it only to find that 8 out of 20 cats prefer the contents???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

These arrived today. The Namco box set and the Turbo Stick are in incredible nick. The Turbo Stick hasn't even been opened (SG-OCD!) and has RC-OCD as all cards are present, I left them out the photo, and the Namco pack has DOUBLE THE SC-OCD GOODNESS with lots of RC-OCD overload!!

Figured I'd screenshot my iPhone too and show a few of the SHMUPS I have. I've another folder with some but these are the main ones. Prefer playing them on my iPad though, iPhone screen is far too small for them.

Here's the snaps:

kx7oM.png

3sE0o.jpg

GOHzT.jpg

OEuLf.jpg

CKhXH.jpg

sLBS3.jpg

An72k.jpg

ah6xU.jpg

U5uMD.jpg

FNRnC.jpg

AtGuT.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've got one of those sticks, nice aren't they?

Get Pew Pew for the Iphone, trust me it's great!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've got one of those sticks, nice aren't they?

Get Pew Pew for the Iphone, trust me it's great!

Yeah! The throw on it is actually lovely, nice build quality too. Will look up that game now, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Picked up a CIB Neo Geo Cup 98.

Two down, 37 to go! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Xbox 2 jamma and Truxton for MD

6011212952_9915bb625e.jpg

6011211986_16d61a49ae.jpg

6010664069_78c8d0bbae.jpg

Need to lay off this credit card for a few weeks! :pac:

Few MVS carts arrived today from France.
    Cost €101 plus €30 shipping by courier, not a bad price I reckon even if the shipping fees were a little high(as usual).

dsc4619f.jpg

Love those Metal Slug carts! You HAVE to buy Blazing Star!

I'm keen to dip my toes in Neo Geo waters but is there enough SHMUP smut to make it worth my investment?

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »

I'm keen to dip my toes in Neo Geo waters but is there enough SHMUP smut to make it worth my investment?

There aren't millions. But the following are good to great.

Blazing Star, Pulstar, Aero Fighters 1&2, Alpha Mission II, Prehistoric Isle, Ghost Pilots, Last Resort, Strikers 1945 and Twinkle Star Sprites.

It's worth getting for Blazing Star alone. I love that game.

And if you like Shmups, then you should love run and guns too. So there are 6 Metal Slug games to get. Not to mention the fantastic Shock Troopers too!

I like Metal Slug, Red Star, Contra, Assault Suits Valken etc, could be worth a dip in Neo Geo waters... :)

Blazing Star is in the post old chap :D

Pulstar on the other hand is a hard one to get and at the top of my list, just not willing to spend €500 on it(I'm trying to be a bit thrifty on this one and thrifty comes hard to me :o )

I mean I have them all on the 161 in 1 cart but it's not the same.

Not sure if there's enough SHMUP smut on Neo Geo to appease your hunger for it. Still, if you have an arcade machine you gotta get at least a 1 slot MVS board and a few carts I reckon.
    They are fairly cheap and you have some real classics on the system.

o1s1n wrote: »
    There aren't millions. But the following are good to great.

Blazing Star, Pulstar, Aero Fighters 1&2, Alpha Mission II, Prehistoric Isle, Ghost Pilots, Last Resort, Strikers 1945 and Twinkle Star Sprites.

It's worth getting for Blazing Star alone. I love that game.

And if you like Shmups, then you should love run and guns too. So there are 6 Metal Slug games to get. Not to mention the fantastic Shock Troopers too!

o1s1n, did you say you were looking for Metal Slug 2 or 3 a while back?

Master of the Universe

Have them both! Metal Slug 5 is the one I need to complete the set. :)

Master of the Universe

I like Metal Slug, Red Star, Contra, Assault Suits Valken etc, could be worth a dip in Neo Geo waters... :)

If you're interested, get an arcade board, a supergun and collect MVS carts. That way if you ever get a cab you can just throw it in.

You can also get an AES home console and an MVS cart adapter for it to play the arcade carts that way. But the adapters are insanely expensive. My one cost €120 and that was a good deal. Normally they for sale for around €200!

Whatever you do though, don't even consider collecting AES home carts. You'll end up having to mortgage your home.

Have them both! Metal Slug 5 is the one I need to complete the set. :)

Ahh, The guy in France I got these MVS carts off has Metal Slug 3 and X for €40 each plus €12 delivery to Ireland.

I think I got his last Metal Slug 5 :o

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Metal Slug 3 for €40? That's a steal! I take it you're buying one from him already for that?

Metal Slug 3 for €40? That's a steal! I take it you're buying one from him already for that?

No, I guess I should really but I'm trying to hold back a bit. Spent a crazy amount on stuff over the last week on Ebay. I mean really crazy :eek:

The Metal Slug 3 he has is cart only now, not complete or anything. But it is an original, not bootleg.

Edit:
    Perhaps a link in the bargains thread to give someone else a shot at it?

Master of the Universe

I hear ya, it's so easy to get carried away with good deals. I shall say no more :D

Someone should definitely buy that though as it does sell for a lot more and rarely becomes available for that price.

I hear ya, it's so easy to get carried away with good deals. I shall say no more :D

Someone should definitely buy that though as it does sell for a lot more and rarely becomes available for that price.

I stuck a link to it in the bargains thread.

Someone should grab it quick, I might even grab it myself if its still there in the morning :p

These arrived yesterday. A brand new CIB, unopened Turbo Grafx adapter for my Turbo Stick so I can use it on my Duo-R, and Namco Museum 5 (PAL). Figured I'd make complete PAL and NTSC-J sets. :)

ILh9h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked this up today
    2upqv6h.jpg

Now to fix those scrapes where the last persons control panel was obviously higher than mine
    Before
    6pvv53.jpg

During
    349ass8.jpg

After - as you can see they are still there but alot less noticable
    dvgbwz.jpg
    Might have another polish during the week as there is one of 2 noticeable ones on the play area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Faselei! seems to go for about 60-70 buy it now but as you saw it went for 30 including shipping recently. I was bidding on one a while ago, was from some one with 2 feedback so decided to take and chance and put in a reserve bid. Ended up going for 55 sterling! But the week before I narrowly missed out on one that went for 25 clamshell and all. Anyway Faselei! was one I really had to have, I quite like Sacnoths games, not always great but always interesting. Have heard Faselei! is great though especially for Front Mission fans... like me!

More than 10 available

Master of the Universe

sengoku wrote: »

Only good if you can speak Japanese :p the PAL one is the rare copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Only good if you can speak Japanese :p the PAL one is the rare copy.

I see.:eek:

• Advertisement

These arrived yesterday. A brand new CIB, unopened Turbo Grafx adapter for my Turbo Stick so I can use it on my Duo-R, and Namco Museum 5 (PAL). Figured I'd make complete PAL and NTSC-J sets. :)

ILh9h.jpg

Here's a cheap one for the collection
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/NAMCO-MUSEUM-Vol-4-C-PlayStation-JP-NTSC-/110627437111?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c1e8ba37#ht_3674wt_1139
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/Namco-Museum-Volume-1-Jap-PS1-Complet-/390319381265?pt=FR_Jeux_Vid%C3%A9o&hash=item5ae0d91b11#ht_1956wt_1219

Master of the Universe

Picked up Neo Turf Masters and Sonic for the NGP complete in box...for a grand total of £15.

As tempting at some Neo Geo Pocket buy it now prices are - don't go for them. Nobody seems to bid on the standard auctions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's another unboxed faselei on amazon.co.uk from the same place I got mine for 30 sterling delivered. Very impressive game for the handheld technically although I've not played much if it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

am I right in thinking that a NGPC is a competitor to the GBC? a mate had an NGP back in the day, thought it was a nice system if a little eccentric considering the somewhat niche selection of titles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah it was a competitor to the GBC. It's only got a small selection of games but just like the Virtual Boy, it may not have many games but the majority of them are crackers. For the NGPC even more so. All the games I have are amazing, well other than the pachinko one that came with the console.

The NGPC really couldn't have come at a worse time. I have an issue of Arcade from 1999 and they are reviewing the first batch of NGPC titles on it, fatal fury, metal slug, puzzle bobble and tennis. They said they were all brilliant and that if games of that qulaity kept coming there was a good future for the system. The high quality games did keep coming. However in that very same issue, in fact on the same page I think, they reviewed a little RPG that had just come out called Pokemon and done a section on the craze it has caused in japan.

Will be adding one of them to the collection when I sell the PSP Phat, GBA, and DS LCD's I'm about to list on fleabay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Will be adding one of them to the collection when I sell the PSP Phat, GBA, and DS LCD's I'm about to list on fleabay

Links please.

Links please.
    Will have everything listed tomorrow evening
    http://shop.ebay.ie/irepair.ie/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not retro, but my long awaited pizza box of joy arrived today:

106g2dl.jpg

Believe it or not I didn't have Deathsmiles Deluxe for my 360 :eek:

That was remedied this morning thanks to the postman. Got two new and sealed copies of it delivered for 10 euro each plus shipping from UK :D

Why two copies? Because I'm Steve SI and I have a problem.

I think I need a sponsor to call when I fell the need to order two of something for no good reason. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Catherine also arrived for me today, also got Hotel dusk room 215 for 2 euro at a market yesterday, starting to see alot of ds games at car boots these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

6021844248_845d38428e_z.jpg

All sorts of goodies in The Rage today, Maniac Mansion for the NES, RC Pro Am as well, should have bought something but I had already bought Battle Engine Aquila and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for the PS2 and Advent Rising for the Xbox in CEX.
    Also bought a recharge pack for the Nomad so I can complete the battery pack mod.

Also bought a recharge pack for the Nomad so I can complete the battery pack mod.

Where did u grab that?

I need to get on for my Nomad as well for when the "Special One" comes out of retirement and has a bit of time to mod my Nomad screen and battery :D

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Where did u grab that?

I need to get on for my Nomad as well for when the "Special One" comes out of retirement and has a bit of time to mod my Nomad screen and battery :D

It's like waiting for the second coming of Christ, isn't it? :D

Just got news that Metal Slug First Mission landed this morning. The NGP love begins! Although I'm going to be left in the same situation Retr0gamer was as my console is also coming from Japan.

Lots of games, no console to play on. Ah well, I can admire the clamshells while I wait :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

All sorts of goodies in The Rage today, Maniac Mansion for the NES, RC Pro Am as well, should have bought something but I had already bought Battle Engine Aquila and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for the PS2 and Advent Rising for the Xbox in CEX.
    dang! must have missed you .
    I was in there today but ended up rummaging through the box of cheapness!
    got a phone call so had to leave fairly quickly though still I got :
    570264_87289_front.jpg
    and
    _-Survival-Spectrum-48K-_.jpg
    all CIB
    :)

Master of the Universe

Any time I see a boardgame based videogame, I can't help but pity the child who woke up on Christmas morning to find that under the tree.

It's like waiting for the second coming of Christ, isn't it? :D

Just got news that Metal Slug First Mission landed this morning. The NGP love begins! Although I'm going to be left in the same situation Retr0gamer was as my console is also coming from Japan.

Lots of games, no console to play on. Ah well, I can admire the clamshells while I wait :)

I'll send you a pic of my NGP playing Metal Slug later if that helps :D
    Would you like me to use the Stone Blue or the Crystal White NGP :D:D:D

Seriously though it is a great little handheld (in my opinion) and the joystick is always a surprise if you've never had a go on one before.

Master of the Universe

I've played one before alright. The joystick is probably the best I've seen on a handheld. Shame the design was never used again!

Really wanted to buy the crystal white, it's a thing of beauty. But the transparant one was going for a good deal cheaper so I went with that instead. Starting to regret it now. May have to pick up a second one :pac:

When the special one comes out of retirement I'll be harassing him to mod it with a frontlight :D

I've played one before alright. The joystick is probably the best I've seen on a handheld. Shame the design was never used again!

Really wanted to buy the crystal white, it's a thing of beauty. But the transparant one was going for a good deal cheaper so I went with that instead. Starting to regret it now. May have to pick up a second one :pac:

When the special one comes out of retirement I'll be harassing him to mod it with a frontlight :D

I prefer the Stone Blue myself(or maybe that's because its the one I bought when they first came out).

A front light would be great. I'm actually not sure how I ever played any hand helds without a back/front light.

Maybe I'll ask the "Special One" if he can do that for me as well.

How long before the "Special One" gets pissed off with us for calling him the "Special One" I wonder.

Any comment "Special One"? :D

You must be bored with that retirement at this stage. Come on out of retirement for one* last mission, 1980's/90's movie style.

*will actually be about 10 missions

Master of the Universe

Maybe if we build an altar he will come back?

Bags not being sacrificed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement