Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice selection :)

Have you seen any footage of SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millenium? It looks insanely good for a handheld. Meant to be one of the best games for the system.

Oh and remember what Steve was saying about Pacman, make sure it comes with the little plastic thing you put on the

yea I remember him saying that alright, on the look out for one now
    Not that mad on fighting games:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    And you can hook it up to Capcom vs SNK for the Dreamcast :D

I stumbled across the Neo Geo to Dreamcast cable recently on ebay and did a big 'Official product?...WTF?'

Really interesting idea. It's not often you see two different games companies allowing their consoles to be hooked up like that.
    Not that mad on fighting games:eek:

Either am I..but when a game really pushes a system to it's limit like that it can't be ignored! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Been playing a good bit of match of the millenium and it's pretty much essential imo. They really made it work great on the handheld since you can unlock new characters and moves for the characters and go into a training mode which features minigames based on other SNK and capcom games like GnG and metal slug. Sonic is excellent on the machine and if you like pokemon games then biomotor unitron is meant to be great. And there's Faselei!.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, Match of the Millennium seems to be better featured than many of the full size fighters of the time, and the controls are lovely too.
    I believe euro/clam shell games are sought after in Japan because they got lousy cardboard boxes whilst we got mini versions of AES boxes.
    If you are a collector there is nothing nicer than to have The Last Blade series, boxed, for the AES and a matching boxed NGPC alongside it.
    It's one of the reasons why so many games for the NGPC on ebay are unboxed US games, makes little difference to us, they still run but there you go.

I have Densha De Go2 on my NGPC, I was in Gamestop in Santry back when the manager wasn't a turd and a guy came in selling a load of stuff, the staff said that they couldn't buy in the stuff so he was heading out, I overheard the conversation and saw the bag contents so made an offer on the NGPC games, sadly I let the Wonderswan Crystal that was in there slip away! Knowing my luck Judgement Silversword was in there as well!

Anyways the game is pretty good, once you figure out what you are doing, the visuals are lovely and, well, you drive trains....
    And here it is, never mind the RAWK MUSAK in the background, just mute the PC!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really want that game now thanks ciderman :( Looks amazing, didn't think the NGPC could do scaling, or perhaps it's just really smooth sprite animation. I had way too much fun with the DEnsha gogo game at Game On when it was here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I remember playing that train game at one of the retro beers.

It took me about five minutes to move the train in the first place, and then couldn't figure out how to stop at a train station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I got handed the NGP with that train game too.

Instant - 'LOLWUT?'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a good game but much deciphering of controls must be done, I still haven't quite got to the bottom of it, that is you play it for 20 mins, figure it out, pop in Last Blade, play that, put the machine away then in 2 weeks pick it up again and have to repeat the learning process with Densha all over again!

Kerbdogs secret shame is Tokyo Bus Guide on the DC and PS2, an associated franchise with Densha De Go and Railfan, also Jet De Go is another one.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Tokyo Bus Guide on the DC and PS2

Was playing that with sera. Could not figure it out at all and why we were losing points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

o1s1n wrote: »

Nice!!!!! Still gotta get me one of those!!

Where in NI did you come across that??

That would be telling;)...guy wanted £150 for it but then dropped it down to £120.....

Gumtree....belfast is where I found it.......He had it in the DVD section...Just lucky to find it.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Love that hori super gameboy controller, been after one myself but they are tres d'argent!

Just arrived home to a super haul, will post tomorrow. Also, just as I was leaving Jersey today I made a fun pickup. Until tomorrow... :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was playing that with sera. Could not figure it out at all and why we were losing points!

Well, you know what to do, PM Kerbdog!
    Truth is, it's a bit like Crazy Taxi but for a few small things...
    Not crazy, no taxi's.
    You have to obey the rules of the road.
    That means the right lanes for turning, using the indicators.
    Also you have to drive at the correct speed, not only within the speed limit but also taking off and stopping at an acceptable rate for your passengers, stopping at the bus stops properly and opening and closing the doors at the right times too.
    All sounds boring but when you know whats going on it's surprisingly playable.

Those train sims look fun but seriously confusing. Has anyone tried playing them with the official controllers?

Yeah. All it is is changing your speed and then trying to stop at the next platform within time, not over or uner shooting it and also stopping slowly other wise the japanese schoolgirls you are ferrying will fall over and show their panties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah. All it is is changing your speed and then trying to stop at the next platform within time, not over or uner shooting it and also stopping slowly other wise the japanese schoolgirls you are ferrying will fall over and show their panties.

*Jams on brakes every 10 seconds*

Waiting for me when I got home yesterday evening:

xYiFo.jpg

Sweet jesus it's like 10 birthdays worth of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Dammit Pyongyang some of my stuff seems to havev arrived at your house!!;)

A few bits still haven't arrived yet! :o

Don't think I see the SLG3000 + Sync Strike in there unfortunately. Haven't opened any of it yet though, doing so today. Pics to follow once I've got out the cello wraps. :D

• Advertisement

Here's the snaps from my latest pickups:

A few parts for my DSLR:
    HTFDa.jpg

CIB Game Boy Advance & Caravan Shooting Collection:
    NRlI2.jpg
    csInr.jpg

Espgaluda (Platinum) XBOX 360, Shikigami 3 disc 'appreciate' DVD set and a free copy of Shikigami II for PS2:
    Io1rm.jpg
    AIFnU.jpg

Tecmo World Cup 90, World Court Tennis, Human Sports Festival, Blazing Lazers (aka Gunhed), Rabio Lepus, Namco Museum vol 3 and Tohou: Perfect Cherry Blossom:
    Pf3Nc.jpg

The goods, plus a Super Famicom Super GameBoy peripheral and a Dragon Quest OVA VCD I found in the St Helier British Red Cross shop in Jersey! :eek:
    NVf12.jpg

Namco Museum (GBA):
    uixI5.jpg

Bomberman Pocket (GBC) absolutely MINT condition!:
    EvCZP.jpg

Super Famicom specific SCART and PSU:
    vf7dJ.jpg

Action Replay MAX for PS2:
    0Hr5q.jpg

Metal Slug 2nd Mission, Beast Busters, Pocket Tennis, Turf Masters and SNK vs Capcom Card for Neo Geo Pocket:
    NWFw7.jpg

Shooting Gameside Vol. 2:
    vS8kT.jpg

....and finally:

Dreamcast controller PAL, BNIB and a Super Famicom console CIB in MINT condition:
    AT6BE.jpg

You really are throwing a lot of money at your games collection, wow.
    I've been popping a few bob here and there over the last 12 years or so, since I stopped selling on consoles and kept them around.
    Love to have that sort of fundage to play with tbh.
    No green eyed monster though, all I can say is fair play to you.

Me, if I had the chance I'd get an Odyssey, Famicom, Snes Jr, Atari/Sears Pong and a PC Engine GT and a Turbo Duo.
    Is that too much???

Just realised that my Einhander is taking it's sweet time getting here, hmm....

Ah no worries, I'm not trying to show off, just enjoying my collection. The majority I manage to wrangle for a good price, I'm rather frugal about it.

Might as well enjoy collecting before the good woman demands a Pyongyang Jr and it all has to be sold off I say. :)

I hear you brother Pyongyang.
    In the days before the child came along, before.... the dark times, I used to spend way way too much of my earnings on games, admittedly mostly on current rather than retro games, PS2, Xbox, 'Cube, GBA, tons of lovely games, good times, oh yes.

But life will always educate you in ways you never dreamt and so instead of spending €200 a fortnight on games I wound up buying nappies etc, also the state of the house and gardens became extra-important all of a sudden and there is no greater money pit than a large garden!

But, the good times will come again, just as soon as he finishes college, in about... 16 years or so.
    We might have admitted the PS2 to the retro club by then!
    And there might be, finally, a few games worth playing on the 3DS!! Well it will be 2027, how long can Ninty take?
    Duke 5 might be out by then too!
    (I'm privately hoping Apple will have imploded and their IP's all taken out and burned)

Took a trip into The Rage earlier.
    Midway Greatest Arcade Hits GBA
    Pinobee GBA (seems to be some side scroller)
    Bubble Ghost GB
    Track & Field Summer Games GBC.

They had no úber rare shmups though:(

Bought some beer and some scotch eggs, happy days!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

how long can Ninty take?

They should be well into the next round of rehashes by then:

Mario Galaxy 3D
    Super Mario Kart 27
    Super Mario Town - Revenge of the Pension Robber
    Donkey Kong's Nephew 13 4D
    Starfox 19 - Bloodhound 3D in 3D

et all

Pinobee is actually a pretty decent platformer.

After a question in these parts about the Super Gameboy I went and read the Wiki page on the Super Gameboy before reading about the excellent use of the system by Space Invaders for the Gameboy and Super Gameboy and so went straight to ebay and bought it!
    Bugger!!!

Pinobee is actually a pretty decent platformer.

I'm gonna play some of it later but so far it seems good. It looks fantastic aswell with great animation smoothness.:D

pdbhp wrote: »
    I'm gonna play some of it later but so far it seems good. It looks fantastic aswell with great animation smoothness.:D

yeah not bad for a launch title at all.

• Advertisement

Really a launch title, wouldn't have thought that as it looks so nice.
    Most launch titles tend to be pretty poor so hopefully this is the exception to the rule

Well the GBA was delayed for a good few months because pokemon was doing so well which meant developers had dev kits for ages to play around with which is why the console had such a good launch line up and release schedule after launch. A bit like the SNES.

Maybe they should have delayed the 3DS then;)

You know what, they probably should have.

You know what, they probably should have.

I really think they should have, an upcoming xmas release would have seen the console in a whole new light. I've just put it down actually, after about an hour of jawdroppingly beautiful 3D Hyrule, the pins n needles from holding it in the sweet spot dictated its end of game time tonight. Back on board the Von Braun to stimulate blood flow methinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    The GBA really is one of the best little formats out there, the GBA SP is a almost perfect little console, only the screen lets it down, and only in retrospect, we were breathless after playing the GB, GBC and GBA then seeing the clear lit screen of the SP, but the subsequent GBA Micro left us reeling, only the little seen (no pun intended) AGS-101 fixed it AND I WANT ONE!
    But it's a cracking console, more than just a mini Snes, so many great games, sure Advance Wars alone would keep me entertained for hours!

ya, its exactly like a snes shrunk down to pocket size!
    I have two SP's and i've lost every game except super mario bros 3 and road to wrestlemania :(
    Cant wait for my gbc to arrive! It will be here in like 10 minutes !!
    I'l post pics ;)

I know this was posted a month ago but can you explain the difference between the AGS-101 and the AGS-001

I know this was posted a month ago but can you explain the difference between the AGS-101 and the AGS-001

The AGS-001 is the model number most SP's are and they're front lit, which can make the colours look washed out. The AGS-101 was released towards the end of the SP's life so are harder to come by. The main difference is the 101 is backlit so the screen is much much much improved. Think Gameboy micro screen but in a GBA SP.

The AGS-001 is the model number most SP's are and they're front lit, which can make the colours look washed out. The AGS-101 was released towards the end of the SP's life so are harder to come by. The main difference is the 101 is backlit so the screen is much much much improved. Think Gameboy micro screen but in a GBA SP.

thanks. Think I might have a 101 aswell but I can't remember where I left it last week (and my super Mario bros 3 was in it!) :( ha ha

I have a big WANT for an AGS-101, reckon it's the perfect all round GB solution as it has the aforementioned ninja screen and, unlike the GBA Micro, it will play my back catalogue of GB and GBC games as well, or rather will play them from the E-Link card I may or may not have....

I have a big WANT for an AGS-101, reckon it's the perfect all round GB solution as it has the aforementioned ninja screen and, unlike the GBA Micro, it will play my back catalogue of GB and GBC games as well, or rather will play them from the E-Link card I may or may not have....

oh. And where would one may or may not find afromention card that you may possibly not have?

• Advertisement

Google, google is your friend

Google, google is your friend

Im sure it is... :rolleyes:

I had a busy busy day at the markets this morning.
    Well, just the one market really, Balbriggan again, and had a good root about.
    I didn't get to see everything though, and for good reason!

Within 8 minutes I found a Megadrive, Mk1 and Pal, with Alien Syndrome (muck) and The Incredible Hulk (Yaay!), coming with three decent controllers, happy days.
    Then, on further, got the original and following PS pack in Demo disks, which I have wanted for a while now, mostly because when I got my Pal PSX back in the day, aside from Wipeout it was the thing I played with the most.
    Next stop was a few yards away where I picked up an N64 with 3 controllers, a Rumble Pak and a load of games, Goldeneye, Mario64, South Park, Mission Impossible, F1GP and Lylat Wars! Sweet!

So, all my money spent and then I spotted another certain something, I actually had no more cash so I nipped off to the neighbouring Tescos, snagged a few bob and returned and bought "it".
    Happy there too but that'll have to remain secret for fear of embarrassing others....

Also, when I got to work this morning after my weeks leave, I found Einhander awaiting me, only €40 from an Irish seller, happy days indeed!

Tell me what "it" is!!!!!

Tell me what "it" is!!!!!
    I bet it is a SNES or NES

I had a busy busy day at the markets this morning.
    Well, just the one market really, Balbriggan again, and had a good root about.
    I didn't get to see everything though, and for good reason!

Within 8 minutes I found a Megadrive, Mk1 and Pal, with Alien Syndrome (muck) and The Incredible Hulk (Yaay!), coming with three decent controllers, happy days.
    Then, on further, got the original and following PS pack in Demo disks, which I have wanted for a while now, mostly because when I got my Pal PSX back in the day, aside from Wipeout it was the thing I played with the most.
    Next stop was a few yards away where I picked up an N64 with 3 controllers, a Rumble Pak and a load of games, Goldeneye, Mario64, South Park, Mission Impossible, F1GP and Lylat Wars! Sweet!

So, all my money spent and then I spotted another certain something, I actually had no more cash so I nipped off to the neighbouring Tescos, snagged a few bob and returned and bought "it".
    Happy there too but that'll have to remain secret for fear of embarrassing others....

Make sure you fit a new 72pin connector to it & do the region mod.

Checked out the N64, needs work, psu not working, may just need a fuse, the games connectors are all very corroded so I'll be doing some cleaning before selling them on, once they work of course.
    Going to use my paypal account to develop a fund for a Pc Engine Duo! Just thought of that now!

Going to use my paypal account to develop a fund for a Pc Engine Duo! Just thought of that now!

Yay! Another member of the PC Engine club! A fine choice sir! :)

• Advertisement

I'm already in the club, have owned a TG-16 for the last few years, a very nice console alright, ugly fecker though!
    If Rage ever get games for it in I'm there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement