Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many young'uns?

Options
  • 29-10-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Just a thought!
    Is it possible to have too many young players?

Like the average age of my starting lineup is about 19.5!

Am i losing out by giving all the players some individual training and not just focusing on making some better?
    Cause i see guys in other threads talking about putting one young guy on 5-10 training sessions and getting great results. Where as my guys csr are all going up by around only 50-150/week
    btw i have 2 attack coaches, 1 defence + 1 stamina(no kicking) and getting lvl 2 facilities next week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Effluo wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Just a thought!
    Is it possible to have too many young players?

Like the average age of my starting lineup is about 19.5!

Am i losing out by giving all the players some individual training and not just focusing on making some better?
    Cause i see guys in other threads talking about putting one young guy on 5-10 training sessions and getting great results. Where as my guys csr are all going up by around only 50-150/week
    btw i have 2 attack coaches and getting lvl 2 facilities next week

In a word, NO.
    I have very young players and it is fine.
    As for spreading out training, it shouldn't be an issue you might just take one thing into account: Will you have this player you are training on your starting team until he is too old? Because there is no point in training a player if your not playing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

ajeffares wrote: »
    In a word, NO.
    I have very young players and it is fine.
    As for spreading out training, it shouldn't be an issue you might just take one thing into account: Will you have this player you are training on your starting team until he is too old? Because there is no point in training a player if your not playing him.

Long term, I think that having a wide spread of ages is probably preferable. A player's useful lifespan will be about 12-15 years, so adding one/two new players each year will prevent any shocks from multiple players 'going bad' at once. It will also allow each player to get lots of training in their first few years when they benefit most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

So always buying young players:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Also, don't forget that the older a player is, generally, he should have a higher experience rating.

From the docs......

The experience attribute gives an indication of how adept players are at playing rugby, with the greenest of players making more in-game mistakes than their more experienced peers. Players fresh from the academy are likely to have a very low experience rating, as low as Non-Existent, while players who have been playing the game for a long time will have a very high rating, as high as Impressive. A high experience rating is especially important for the captain.

Young players train quicker, but more experienced players make less mistakes !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

jprender wrote: »
    Also, don't forget that the older a player is, generally, he should have a higher experience rating.

From the docs......

The experience attribute gives an indication of how adept players are at playing rugby, with the greenest of players making more in-game mistakes than their more experienced peers. Players fresh from the academy are likely to have a very low experience rating, as low as Non-Existent, while players who have been playing the game for a long time will have a very high rating, as high as Impressive. A high experience rating is especially important for the captain.

Young players train quicker, but more experienced players make less mistakes !!

Hmmm, I knew experience was an issue. My best kicker by the stats was ****ing up way too many kicks, so I had to downgrade the skill and go with an older head.

• Advertisement
Advertisement