Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

road closed behind Dunnes Stores on Henry street

Options
  • 29-10-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know when it will be opened up again?
    I tried to drive into town today and couldnt traffic was crazy because this road was closed off? :mad:
    I asked a nearby garda - "dont know now and thats the honest truth" was his reply.
    I think I heard on the morning news on the radio a few days ago that this road would be closed off for 1 day, well its still closed.
    Does anybody know?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

banjobongo wrote: »
    Does anybody know when it will be opened up again?
    I tried to drive into town today and couldnt traffic was crazy because this road was closed off? :mad:
    I asked a nearby garda - "dont know now and thats the honest truth" was his reply.
    I think I heard on the morning news on the radio a few days ago that this road would be closed off for 1 day, well its still closed.
    Does anybody know?

I don't know anything for certain, but having driven that road recently I can safely say it was in urgent need of repairs. There are bumps and pot-holes all the way along it. Perhaps, and I'm speaking only out of hope here, they've closed it to do some work on the damaged parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I should have checked the AA website first!

Traffic Alertclick icon to view mapsp01.gifsp01.gifLimerick - Expect major delays on Howley’s Quay, Harvey’s Quay and Sarsfield Bridge due to works from 7:30am-5pm daily until Friday[URL="javascript:newWindow('../popmap/map.asp?x=157417&y=157109&id=105350&zoomlevel=8')"]ico_map.gif[/URL]sp01.gifUpdated: 28/10/2009 07:37:49Diversions will be in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

or you could have waited for Berty to tell us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dont get me started, live nearby and have had to listen to those ****ing roadworks for days

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In fairness lads if they are resurfacing the road then it is a good thing as that street surface is a disgrace. A cat couldn't walk it straight. Should be done outside of peak hours though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement