Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dulce de leche

Options
  • 29-10-2009 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I need this for a recipe and am confused - can I buy this or do I have to make it?? If anyone can enlighten me I will be most grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

You can do both...make it like this recipe
    Or buy it in tesco

Simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Bonne Maman have a jar of caramel which is more or less the same thing.

2510.jpg

I bought dulce de leche in Avoca last year, not sure if they have it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I got a pressie of a jar of dulce de leche from Fallon & Byrne (in Dublin) in September. I've been eating it from the jar, it makes me happy. I spotted a Brazilian grocery shop on Clarendon st (at least I think that's where I was walking at the time!) over the weekend and I'd say they might stock dulce de leche also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

olaola wrote: »
    Bonne Maman have a jar of caramel which is more or less the same thing.

2510.jpg

I bought dulce de leche in Avoca last year, not sure if they have it again.

I don't live near an avoca :(, but I have bought this item is some bigger branches of Tesco. It is normally in the jam section or else in the syrup/dessert sauces/baking section.

Advertisement