Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disaster

• 29-10-2009 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

I think I know the answer to this already...but here goes.

Was working away on the PC earlier when it just went black and back to the start up screen. I pressed F10 to recover...and of course it wiped my computer back to DAY one. All my files gone. I'm fcuked aren't I?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Stop using it NOW!!!!!

try installing this http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recovery/info.htm?language=1 it's free and set it running and see what it can get back for you.

The files are only permanently gone if over written, so just because you delete some thing doesn't mean it's gone for ever.

Also have a look in the root of c:\ to see if it made a back up (unlikely) might get called windows old or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It's possible you just installed again on a new partition but as calex71 pointed out nothing might have been deleted yet but its being queued up to be deleted, there are a couple of programs that may be able to retrieve it.

At any stage were you asked do you want format the disk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    It's possible you just installed again on a new partition but as calex71 pointed out nothing might have been deleted yet but its being queued up to be deleted, there are a couple of programs that may be able to retrieve it.

At any stage were you asked do you want format the disk?

Nope...I pressed f10 and went away downstairs...nothing else was asked after that

Advertisement