Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just for a laugh

Options
  • 29-10-2009 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Here's a post from steve on another board!!!

Well though it was funny anyway..............

Ok guys. How this works, been quite lucky really, started out with Casual Girlfriend Freeware version, but as is often the case, this catches you out on the free upgrades and I ended up having to register Proper Girlfriend 1.1 full version, went through the upgrades and ended up after getting Girlfriend V1.12 with added nagging functions, I got drunk one night and found myself upgraded for Wife V1.0. Total waste of money, was incompatible with many of my other applications like Beer,Friends and Cars.

So, finding myself tied into an ironcast deal with the makers of Wife V1.0, I had to fight them in court. I got my deal, but lost half my assets. OK, I thought, now more wary of freeware, I looked at shareware options (freeware of a certain age seems to carry viruses). After trying various silly Options like Datingsite 1.6 and Familyfriend(fattywithanger), I found Mutualfriend V.a

This seemed stable to begin with, in spite of running Brat 1.1 and Cute Kid 1.2 in the background to get it to install. Recently though, this application has crashed a lot, it also has a splashscreen wanting me to upgrade to Wife v2.0. What do I do? I would love to revert to Casual Girlfriend 1.1, but I fear that application is past me now.
    My friend is running Wife v1.0 and has also installed Mistress V0.69 running on a dual boot system. Apparently if he tries to run them both and Wife V1.0 detects the presence of Mistress V0.69, Wife V.10 uninstalls itself and deletes the contents of his bank account cache automatically.

Seems very expensive and risky, as both applications demand quite heavily on his cache and other resources. Also, if Wife 1.0 was to uninstall, it would still require support for Child 1.1 and Child 1.2, while only giving limited access to these features in the future.

Mistress 0.69 can also become unstable if left for a while and I have heard of occasions where it will try to upgrade to Wife V2.0 without warning. It all seems very risky to me.................................

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Mistress v0.69 - I like it. Bet she's not compatible with cleaning windows 7 though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just switch to linux.

Advertisement