Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So sick of Carlow diliquents

Options
  • 29-10-2009 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Never a week goes by but there is something vandalised where I live in Carlow. The latest is someone has stole my wheelie bin, which is either someone who is too mean to pay bin charges or its been added to the nearest bonfire. This is just one item on the long list of juvenile and anti-social behaviour taking place in the area, such as graffiti all over the walls of the house and garden, broken garden wall, rubbish left outside my door, remains of the daily take away left outside the door, carpet burned in the hallway, blood smeared on the wall, light switches, door handles and door bells all broken, ariels broken on cars, trees and shrubs vandalised, front door kicked at any possible opportunity, and a drunk drugged crazed juenile ringing my door bell at 5.30 am and the list goes on....... All of which the local Gardi totally ignore despite several reported incidents. They always say they will call up and warn/catch the culprits while they are doing the damage but they never do. These brats or sconnies as they are known by in Carlow language hang around at every opportunity sometimes drinking alcohol smoking and drug taking. All I would think are on average age of 12 to 16. By the way I live in a 'nice' area of Carlow or so I thought.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

What estate is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I live in a relatively quiet area of Carlow too (ok, its Graigue, but its still the old part of graigue) and we have those 'sconnies'(?) too. They're everywhere, they seem to have multiplied over the past few years. Kids these days dont know what 'wrong' is, they have no appreciation for their own property and that of others. But where does that problem lie........parents, of course. But, I shall wisht up my mouth now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Hire a sniper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 oban

I'd be afraid to say where exactly but its not an estate
    ShotgunBoy wrote: »
    What estate is it?

tempting alright

• Advertisement

Even have some photos of these guys ........ bet their parents would be shocked to see them

oban wrote: »
    tempting alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

This kind of thing happens in every town. i lived in Naas for a while back 2years ago & the kids used to hang out up he road from where i lived... they used to annoy this old man who lived on his own 1 of the things i watched them do was tie knitting tread to his door knocker & keep thugging at it until he came out after them then they would run off...I will admit i was no saint myself as a youngster its only when you get older & wiser you start to Realise..

Ps. its halloween 2mor id reckon it wil be madness everywher once it starts getting dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

ive never heard the word 'sconnies' before!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

photos to the Nationalist??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I seen over on the Galway forum where there was trouble with students at night in one part of the city, so, someone set up a camera and captured a bunch of the twats ringing and knocking doors late at night. They were able to get stills from the footage and one of the local papers printed them in order to catch the culprits and as a warning to others.

Relevant? Perhaps :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 monsieur bob

I seen over on the Galway forum where there was trouble with students at night in one part of the city, so, someone set up a camera and captured a bunch of the twats ringing and knocking doors late at night. They were able to get stills from the footage and one of the local papers printed them in order to catch the culprits and as a warning to others.

Relevant? Perhaps :p

Well now you've just gone and set yourself a challenge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Boards.ie vigilante mission anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Boards.ie vigilante mission anyone?
    turn on the garden hose and give them a good soaking if they annoy you or disturb the peace and if the parents come around screaming just give them the same treatment! nothing like a good soaking in these bitter cold nights to keep these thugs off the streets. and more importantly no vigilante mission required!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    turn on the garden hose and give them a good soaking if they annoy you or disturb the peace and if the parents come around screaming just give them the same treatment! nothing like a good soaking in these bitter cold nights to keep these thugs off the streets. and more importantly no vigilante mission required!
    Then all you have to do is make sure you keep the hose close by, it'll come in handy for putting out the bin fires.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

i came out of next today in fairgreen.... the bin outside it was on fire!! ha what tool thinks its funny to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

they kept me up last night...making lots of noise outside the windows..:( at least the car's safe :)

it's terrible when a crowd of thugs can cause havoc in an area but then again you have to look at the causes e.g. boredom/ unemployment/ drink/ drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

snorlax wrote: »
    they kept me up last night...making lots of noise outside the windows..:( at least the car's safe :)

it's terrible when a crowd of thugs can cause havoc in an area but then again you have to look at the causes e.g. boredom/ unemployment/ drink/ drugs
    people like them always have someone or something else to blame when it is their parents lack of parenting skills that facilitates them being thugs and their own lack of respect for anyone or anything!

Advertisement