Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marlon King gets 18 months in jail and sacked by wigan [read mod note on 1st post]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

curry-muff wrote: »
    He needs to go to Steven Gerrards school of getting outa trouble :rolleyes:

Yep. Not being guilty is a great way to get off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Stekelly wrote: »
    Yep. Not being guilty is a great way to get off.

yawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just watching Dave Whelan on Sky Sports News,

Apparantly King has been inside before, this is his 2nd or 3rd time,

Whelan did not know this :eek: and he let Bruce spend £3 million on him even though he had reservations.

The first he heard of the recent event was when Sky rang him yesterday for his opinion on KIng getting 18 months and that was the first he had heard, i find that unbelievable that they didn't know about this.

That is very sloppy.
    Surely before investing that kind of money you do a background check and find out these issues??
    The chairman has no excuse for not knowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

mikemac wrote: »
    That is very sloppy.
    Surely before investing that kind of money you do a background check and find out these issues??
    The chairman has no excuse for not knowing.

Well thats what he said on Sky Sports News,

It is sloppy indeed, but as Xavi said everyone knew about it, so maybe Whelan was just covering himself. Even if he comes off looking stupid and sloppy, with the route he is going to be taking, it will be better to him than knowingly signing a convicted criminal (i'm talking about Wigan potentially looking for compo here ).

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I cant find the link but didn't Phil Brown say something about not liking Marlo's charachter when he was off loading him to Wigan. Agree with the other poster about the Wire reference although if he was anything like that Marlo the prison would be in trouble :D

Expected the NOTW to get this one...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/576372/Marlon-King-is-just-a-thug-with-a-gold-card-Victim-Emily-speaks-out.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was watching SSN this morning and one of the presenters said something along the lines of:

"And Marlon King has spent his third day in prison now"

FFS. We're not gonna have to endure this for 18 months are we?

"King Watch" He's in jail for a reason. Get him out of the public mind so that we can forget about him, only for him to be released and signed at Newcastle...... It'll happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

I'd have him back at Leeds in a flash

Cracking player at Championship level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Saw the victims interview on sky news this morning he seems like a right tosser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

kenon wrote: »
    King's own agent didn't know that he had 3 convictions for 14 different offenses but still felt Wigan were premature to sack him.

According to the BBC website "King... has 13 previous convictions, including one for violence against women"

The rest are a mischelany of motoring offences, drink driving, dishonesty etc... sounds like a lovely fella overall, particularly since he's married with 3 kids.

• Advertisement

Rics wrote: »
    I'd have him back at Leeds in a flash

Cracking player at Championship level

Are you serious?? GBH on a female and you want him at your club?

Trolling surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Lee Hughes killed someone with his car, Oldham had no problem signing him, then Notts County with all their money were happy to sign him.

Lee McCormack, when he gets out of prison for killing half a family whilst drunk driving will probably find a club too.

Greg Bird in Rugby League punched his girlfriend and ? glassed her and had clubs in England and France looking to sign him (ended up at Catalans)

Michael Vick in American Football went to prison for organising Dog Fighting, sacked by Atlanta, is now a hero at Philadelphia.

Whilst there are genuine people left in sport, usually it is about results and getting people through the gates and buying shirts. If the player is good enough, someone will have amnesia about what they did.

God knows how many chances Marlon King has left, he has had a criminal record for one thing or another for the last 10 years.

I hold my hands up that clubs will sign these type of players. I wouldnt want them at mine tbh. Would have to be a very talented manager to keep a lid on things in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

yep.. look at newcastle after getting in joey barton

epic fail!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

unfortunately it seems principals go out the window when money is on the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

Seillejet wrote: »

Trolling surely.

He's an excellent Championship striker and I wouldn't care what he did as long as he got us promoted.

We've already had Bowyer, Woodgate and Pennant on the payroll so we're not too fussy about what sort've reprobates we sign.

Not that I agree with what he did mind, but he could a job for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

He act went to jail??? God he must have been sh1te!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Seillejet wrote: »

Trolling surely.
    I never wanted him at Forest, i was very suspect of him and had watched him previously for Gillingham were i wasn't impressed by him. A training ground experience a group of us had with him just proved me right. He was the only player who wouldn't sign autographs for us, he merely glanced at us and continued to walk past. His on-field attitude was even worse. He would never chase down a ball, make a run, or just generally do any amount of work. I can tolerate a player of limited skill, as long as he puts in an effort. This guy just took the mickey. He was no replacement for Marlon Harewood. The one player i would never want to see back. He is a waste of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Gillington wrote: »
    I wonder if his wife is gonna dump him!?
    was wondering the same thing he got what he deserves.

Advertisement