Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumps on puppies tummy!

Options
  • 29-10-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

I've a 14 weeks old pup and noticed last night he had two lumps on his tummy. These were gone today but there was more lumps in other places around his tummy. They keep disappearing and coming up in different places. Also this morning his tummy was sore cos he wouldn't let us touch his tummy and when we did to check him he yelped! Anyone any idea what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

What sort of lumps were they, did you manage to get a good feel of them - hard, soft, moveable ? If he won't let you get at them today they're probably painful. This might be an indication that he needs to see a vet, might be nothing, but might also be something which needs treating.
    Does he by any chance have a habit of eating things that he shouldn't ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

No idea myself but an asap trip to the vet !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I can understand people posting such matters on here but the first & absolute priority is call your vet for advice. Any good vet won't charge a fortune for giving advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

petals wrote: »
    I've a 14 weeks old pup and noticed last night he had two lumps on his tummy. These were gone today but there was more lumps in other places around his tummy. They keep disappearing and coming up in different places. Also this morning his tummy was sore cos he wouldn't let us touch his tummy and when we did to check him he yelped! Anyone any idea what it could be?

Pups are prone to hernias especially around where the umblical cord was as sometimes the opening in the muscle wall doesn't close properly and the intestines can sometime protude out and appear as a lump. Whatever the cause I would recommend a vet visit asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

lrushe wrote: »
    Pups are prone to hernias especially around where the umblical cord was as sometimes the opening in the muscle wall doesn't close properly and the intestines can sometime protude out and appear as a lump. Whatever the cause I would recommend a vet visit asap.

was thinking hernia myself, could need a stitch or two to close up the opening, may heal itself - but need to get Vet to check

• Advertisement
Advertisement