Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion Temperature

Options
  • 29-10-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anybody know what the typical temerature should be when the immersion is heated with the sink element. When I run the water from the tank it is too hot to touch. I know i should not be complaining about hot water but I am wondering if the temperature sensor is broken and that the tank may over heat and start to boil if I am not in the house? The immersion is relatively new about 5 years old..It is also onlyon for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

should be around 60 degrees usually. you can turn them down if you like but there usually factory set at that. there is also usually a thermal overload that trips out the immersion if temperature in tank gets to about 70 - 80 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,178 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

will range from 50 -90
    should be at least 60 to prevent legionnaires.

Mine was set at 90 when I moved in so I dropped it do to about 65. Its still what I would call too hot to touch on its on straight from the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Don't turn the stat down too far.

Unless you fancy getting Legionnaires' Disease!

According to

http://www.ndsc.ie/hpsc/A-Z/Respiratory/Legionellosis/Factsheet/File,1816,en.pdf
    "50oC - 60oC. It should be too hot to put your hands into for more than a few seconds"

I think 60 is the recommended min set point usually advised

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cpbobo

Thanks Guys, Looks like mine is not set too hot and will not over heat based on the replies below. As a matter of intereast what would the downline plumbing be spec'ed temeperature wise for?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,178 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

cpbobo wrote: »
    Thanks Guys, Looks like mine is not set too hot and will not over heat based on the replies below. As a matter of intereast what would the downline plumbing be spec'ed temeperature wise for?

Depends on the pressure of the water, higher pressure means it can take less temperature.

I turned mine down from 90 as it would make noise if left on too long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement