Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Confusion?

Options
  • 29-10-2009 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I have a few questions regarding FETAC courses.
    1.Is it too late now to join for one eg.plc Business
    2.Do you get points after the exams and can you add them to your leaving cert points
    3.Are the exams difficult eg.is it tough to reach the 80% mark for a distinction
    4.Do many people do them for entry purposes to get into universities
    5.What is a good one to do

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    I have a few questions regarding FETAC courses.
    1.Is it too late now to join for one eg.plc Business
    2.Do you get points after the exams and can you add them to your leaving cert points
    3.Are the exams difficult eg.is it tough to reach the 80% mark for a distinction
    4.Do many people do them for entry purposes to get into universities
    5.What is a good one to do

Thanks.

1.The end of September is the last date to get into FETAC courses. (I presume you mean a Level 5 course-a plc)

2.You can get points for your results, but they are instead of, not in addition to, your LC results.

3. Depends on the course/module. How long is a piece of string?

4. usually to get into ITs, though some universities run the links scheme

5. depends on what you're interested in. If you have a head for computers, you're hardly going to do a beauty one!

Advertisement