Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAV is psyched out apparently

Options
  • 29-10-2009 7:53pm
    Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2704141/Roman-Pavlyuchenko-is-psyched-out.html
    ROMAN PAVLYUCHENKO is suffering from some 'psychological problems', according to his agent.

The Tottenham striker was woeful in the 2-0 win over Everton in the Carling Cup on Tuesday after a rare start. Agent Oleg Artemov said: "His poor performance recently is not due to a lack of match practice but psychological problems.
    "Of course, not getting into the starting line-up, sitting on the bench is not good for any player.
    "But Roman is much more affected by the feeling that the manager doesn't trust him and prefers to use other forwards."
    Pavlyuchenko, 27, was signed by former Spurs manager Juande Ramos for £14million shortly before the Spaniard left the club.
    But despite scoring 10 goals in cup competitions last season, the Russia star is boss Harry Redknapp's fourth choice behind Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane and Peter Crouch.
    Artemov admitted: "The World Cup is next summer, to waste another half a year on the bench may be very bad for his international career.
    "It's hard to say if Pavlyuchenko's less than impressive performance in the match against Everton will influence his future at Tottenham.
    "It may become clearer after our next meeting with Redknapp.
    "Roman and I plan to talk to him again after Russia's two World Cup play-off games against Slovenia in November."

Personally I think it's not a case of sitting on the bench effecting his world cup chances and more like a case of playing brutal when coming off it that may. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I honestly think that Harry is wasting some fantastic talent on the bench. Apart from Robbie's 4, he's been mostly ineffective. With Defoe banned we still have Pav and Dos Santos, 2 megastars for pretty excellent national sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i get fustrated waching pav to b honest. seen him play really well and then seen him play really bad.

Advertisement