Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2010 - n00b help!!

Options
  • 29-10-2009 8:10pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Never one for games up until I got PES 2010 I am really enjoying the game but after owning since nearly it came out I have failed to win a game :( I put this down to not owning a console since the PS1!!

I call around to a friends house and he gives me a trashing everytime and the first few times were funny but now I would really like to start at least competing! I know its only a game....:o

Anyone got any pointers/tips to help a total n00b get to grips with the game better?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do a master league to get used to the game but that will only help you play the game. After a while you will need to up the difficulty from normal to pro to top player.

Playing VS its completley different nothing that works vs CPU will work vs another player.

Some simple tips, set out your team as 442 diamond and move the wingers back so they are beside the fullbacks, if hes is good he knows that crosses score goals.

Stick your DMF right beside the CBs as close as possible and when tackling press Square to bring in another player, if its a fullback and he has a player wide dont bring him in :)

Close him down by having more players tackling.

When you have the ball never go tru the middle unless there is acres of space, then try bring a mid any of them running at his CB once his CB moves towards you play tru ball or manual pass in behind him. Should get you a few chances on the break.

Crosses work very well so stick your biggest and best striker up front with a nippy SS behind him get theball to the SS and try get in a cross. Works too well tbh.

Advertisement