Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practicing Law in OZ

Options
  • 29-10-2009 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have been toying with doing my FE-1's here in Ireland as Law was part of my degree course and I quite enjoyed it, but the missus is an Ozzie and we are moving back to Melbourne in the next year or two and was just wondering if the FE1's are actually of any use over there?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anitachiquita

Hi Population,

I'm in the process of trying to qualify as a solicitor in Queensland. I completed my law degree in Ireland and passed a few of the FE1's before I came over here.

Having completed the FE1's without actually qualifying isn't of any benefit. However, I was told by the Queensland law society, that they are in the process of bringing in changes, which would mean you will have to be a qualified solicitor for any of your qualifications to be considered. So in the future if you're not a qualified solicitor in Ireland, you would have to start from scratch and complete a law degree again in Queensland.

I don't know if the rules for qualifying are the same in Victoria as in Queensland, but you should definitely try to find out before moving over.

I hope this was of some help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Ah cheers

Slightly dissappointing to hear but none the less thanks for the heads up. Really need to get my head in order on whether or not in those circumstances it is even worth doing the FE1's at all.

Advertisement