Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

alternatives flash, Macromedia player

• 29-10-2009 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Can anybody suggest an alternative to Flash and Macromedia player for Ubuntu.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Gnash or swfdec. Which I'd pick depends on what you want from it. I find that swfdec is better for watching things on youtube, gnash is better for most other things. It's been a few months since I relied on either though. Worth checking both out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

While I'm a supporter of Open Source I don't have a major problem with installing proprietary software on *nix. Flash player is provided free so I'll use that - it will always have better support than any FOSS alternative. I'll say the same for MP3 support - while I rip to ogg I can play mp3 too. DVDs are closed source but I watch them on my Ubuntu box too. Just my 2c as to why I don't use alternatives to Flash player.

Advertisement