Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday runs in Kildare, 10 miles?

Options
  • 29-10-2009 9:20pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody up for runs in Kildare? I'm in Naas, but willing to travel. Want to build up stamina for hill runs in january, and hope to keep it up long term. Put this in A/R/T but got nothing. There's a few runners in Maynooth/Celbridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Hi Beertons, if you're looking for groups in Naas to run with I'm at a loss to help you. I've seen some groups running on the Curragh so maybe there might be a running club in Newbridge/Kildare.

If you're looking for runs, I run the new ring road (safer run these dark evenings) when I visit the parents, while not having too many hills (it's Kildare after all) it's long enough for me. Try mapmyruns.com for routes that others have left around the town.

You'll always find different groups in the Phoenix Park, might be a bit far for Mondays but the weekends might be different.

Try posting a note on the notice boards in the gyms in the town (can't hurt), anyway good luck I'm a solitary runner myself, just me and 'So long and thanks for all the fish' (currently) on my MP3 player.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good idea there, to leave a note up in a gym notice board. I'm not much good at running on my own, I need a buddy. I think I'll stick something up in the Maynooth college board, and see if it takes off there either. I wouldn't ind runs in the curragh either, emailed newbridge athletic club to see if they have anyone running a long distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tomiki

Hi,
    How about Aikido on Monday nights you will feel like you have run about 20 miles after training in our little club.............

What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Tomiki..every single post you've made seems to be pimping your martial arts clubs.

We're not here to provide an advertising platform for you, as the sign up Terms and Conditions explained. So I'd ask nicely: stop that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tomiki

No prob, not trying to be a ass and advertise just giving people an option as for all post being martial arts related any clubs I am involved in are none profit I was just letting people know , sharing the info........sorry:o

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

hi, beertons,

maybe you should check out http://www.donadearunningclub.com/.

Hey. I had a look at them alright, even went down to Donadea one morning, but you run on your own. I'd like to run with a gang, three or four and do my best to keep to their pace. I'm going over to Newbridge on Monday, and will ask them if they can fit me in somewhere. Only €2, can't really go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NedNew

Yes, I heard they regularly do 10 km runs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fruitbats

beertons wrote: »
    Anybody up for runs in Kildare? I'm in Naas, but willing to travel. Want to build up stamina for hill runs in january, and hope to keep it up long term. Put this in A/R/T but got nothing. There's a few runners in Maynooth/Celbridge?
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~naasac/ this might be a help and there local too but I'm not a member so I've no idea how good it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 berukie

As a member, I can recommend this club HUGELY :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

..please don't pull up 3 year old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement