Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Qpr v Leicester City 30/10/09 7-45 Sky

• 29-10-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

This has the makings of a decent game. Both teams in good form. The Foxes good run based on a watertight defence while Qpr have been scoring goals for fun lately. Full house expected at Loftus Road including a decent away following so should be a good atmosphere. Any other Irish Rs out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'm looking forward to it.

Although, I am waiting for us to fall on our arses after the past couple of weeks! Maybe that's just years of being an Rs fan.

Things are going really, really well and Magilton and Gorman seem to have done something quite amazing with the team. They seem to be enjoying playing the great passing game that QPR teams should play.

I will be the first to admit that Magilton's appointment didn't exactly fill me with optimism but I'm delighted to be proven wrong.

Even when we went 2 down the other night, I wasn't concerned because we looked like we were always capable of scoring a couple.

Long may it continue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

After watching both the QPR game on Saturday and the Leicester game on Mon,I'd say QPR could give them a hiding but it'll probably take them to go a goal down before getting started!Taarabt is looking awesome is he there for the season? He could do with passing a bit more though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Gillington wrote: »
    After watching both the QPR game on Saturday and the Leicester game on Mon,I'd say QPR could give them a hiding but it'll probably take them to go a goal down before getting started!Taarabt is looking awesome is he there for the season? He could do with passing a bit more though...

We have him on a season long loan but I don't think he's particularly keen on staying in England, especially if he's not playing in the Premier League.

He was booed by some fans for not passing enough a couple of weeks ago and by all accounts has improved on that side of his game. Think he just needs to learn when to let it go and when to keep it and do what he can obviously do to devastating effect.

We have players doing it all over the park at the moment though; Wayne Routledge, Akos Buzsaky, Radek Cerney, Alejandro Faurlin, Jay Simpson, Kaspers Gorkss and even Gavin Mahon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I reckon QPR should win this comfortably. When we played Leicester they only had one up front and the delievery was poor for the entire game.

If they play the same 4-5-1 formation I reckon QPR will have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Come on the QPR!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Good first half, both teams play good football. Hopefully a few more goals to come...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

El Weirdo wrote: »

We have players doing it all over the park at the moment though; Wayne Routledge, Akos Buzsaky, Radek Cerney, Alejandro Faurlin, Jay Simpson, Kaspers Gorkss and even Gavin Mahon!

Fúcking hell, Cerny, Routledge and Taarabt, you got any more Spurs lying around? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Some result, Matty Fryatt goal machine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Leicester by far the better team but we still handed them 2 horrible goals. Back to the drawing board for us.

Advertisement