Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Forza Paint Competition discussion...

• 29-10-2009 9:30pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, for sh*ts and giggles we've decided to have a Forza Paint Competition.

So, what rules, what restrictions if any... what deadline?

Whose up for it and it wont just be the "best" paint job, we can have the funniest one or the madest one too. :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Sounds like a bit of fun. I'd be up for it, never properly gave the creative part a go.

I say have it run for 2 - 4 weeks, Participants can post work in progress shots, but the final design must be clearly labeled "final design"

With the big release coming along, MW2, will this work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

rizzla wrote: »
    With the big release coming along, MW2, will this work?

Depends who's into MW2, I know I will be playing F3 and AC2 more when I get my 360 back next week. I'm not forking out on €60 on a 6hr game.

Depends who's into MW2, I know I will be playing F3 and AC2 more when I get my 360 back next week. I'm not forking out on €60 on a 6hr game.

I'd spend €60 in a 3 hour drinking session in a club. Plus endless hours with multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Don't like engaging with the typical types that play online FPS games so multiplay is a no no for me. I only race and dogfight in the virtual skies online.

60 in 3hrs what you drink!, fatfrogs:D. 60 would get me 12 of the best in my local plus some soakage on the way home then on to a Forza session, virtual dranking and driving.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 captainZZZ

Maybe competition deadline -> 1 to 2 weeks time, otherwise I'll forget about it!

I'd say just finished paint jobs only, otherwise we could be scrolling through loads of pictures to see the finished job.

Whatever the rules, count me in.

• Advertisement

60 in 3hrs what you drink!, fatfrogs:D. 60 would get me 12 of the best in my local plus some soakage on the way home then on to a Forza session, virtual dranking and driving.:D

I make it rain when I go out :cool: :)

Yeah probably drop the WIP idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Sounds like a good idea. I'd say count me in, if I had F3:o

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Great idea, i'm up for this too.

I'm guessing around two weeks is enough time to come up with a half decent paintjob. Should we make it a specific car too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I've never bothered with the paint tool in 2 or 3, is it worth trying for this contest? I have an excellent idea. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I think 1 to 2 weeks would be a good period of time to do this, also think car choice should be down to the painter so it's more interesting! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Im in.

Hows everyone doing? I've a good bit done with my car but needs something extra!

zero19 wrote: »
    Hows everyone doing? I've a good bit done with my car but needs something extra!

I didn't know it had started. I thought the OP was to just gauge interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think I'll leave this one to all the artists out there. I was totally in over my head when I went tinkering and my car looks like jelly and custard now!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lets say its on and lets have a deadline of Jan 1st to give us all time to win the cars we want to paint and of course, paint them.

Posting pics as you go along will prove that you are actually painting it yourself :)

Btw, here is one of my photos of the R8 in action, I only wish the paint job was mine (the photo is, the paint isnt :( )

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

how many designs can we enter

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

As many as you like. I think we will need a shot of the work in progress for each one though, and also it needs to be available from the entrants storefront (to ensure its not just bought online or screenshots copied from online).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

If it's on sale in the storefront you know the logos are all of your own as i'm nearly sure you can't sell a car with someone elses logo, so would that suffice as proof of it being your own work? I have one car done already so can't do progress pics! lol

Reminder bump! :P

Advertisement