Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6310i

• 29-10-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello,

After 7.5 years of loyal service i now regretably have to upgrade by beloved Nokia 6310i.

Can anyone recommend a suitable Nokia replacement. I'd be looking for the classic shape, not really interested in email or any of that fancy stuff. Battery life is important.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Nokia E51 / E52.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

unless you want to get fancy then check out some of the newer phones that have their own thread (im waiting on the N900)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Baza210 wrote: »
    Nokia E51 / E52.

while the E51 is an excellent phone, the build quality doesn't even come close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Enter last weeks thread: "Successor to Nokia 6310/6310i?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Dankoozy wrote: »
    while the E51 is an excellent phone, the build quality doesn't even come close

That's a general trend, I suspect, not a problem particular to the E51.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Baza210 wrote: »
    That's a general trend, I suspect, not a problem particular to the E51.

it is a bit alright. although there are some excellent quality phones out there that don't fit in with the regular attitude of "ah sure people will just throw it away in 2 years to buy the latest i**** so there is no point in putting in any effort to make this thing last" that a lot of phones are designed with now

the E51 does have the notorious 'dust under the screen' problem as well as the housing getting loose in some cases

Advertisement