Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireclay Mortar Mix

Options
  • 29-10-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I have decided in relation to an earlier thread of mine to go with Firebricks for my new Fire as opposed to a fireback. I was just wondering if anyone used Firebricks before? But most importantly what did you use to bind them, the strength of the mix one eprson said was ratio 1 part cement to one part fireclay, is this the right. If anyone has indepth knowledge of this area please PM as I want to get this mix spot on. There is other bits I need to pick someones brain as well like size of joints between the bricks etc, if someone coud pm on this that would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Would fire cement not be the only man for the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SPARTAN33

I think fire cement would not be as good as the fireclay, any other thoughts or knowledge folks?

Advertisement