Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official FAI Cup Final thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not putting in a temp stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fingal must be employing rent-a-crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'll certainly be there. Looking forward to it.

I think, considering the venue, the ticket allocation is fair. There will always be an allocation for sponsers, corporate, etc, and then a 50/50 split for the two teams fans.

I am a bit surprised that they are not prepared to erect extra seating, because there will obviously be good interest in the game, even from locals.

I'd say that Fingal may end up sending back 200-300 tickets, but I doubt it'll be much more than that.

It should be a good game though. Both teams like to play football, and attacking football too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I would imagine Slligo would easily fill Tallaght (6k) themselves for this?

Surely there will be temporary seating behind one or both goal-ends... ?

Was planning on swinging by myself if there were tickets going but would feel bad now if Sligo fans can't get tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Des wrote: »
    Fingal must be employing rent-a-crowd.

Who cares. We are in the final:D

I do feel that some more seats should be put up due to the fact sligo would sell more tickets than us.

• Advertisement

Who cares. We are in the final:D

pretty much suck balls for me if you won it.

think i have been to 5 and never won :(

stovelid wrote: »
    I would imagine Slligo would easily fill Tallaght (6k) themselves for this?

Surely there will be temporary seating behind one or both goal-ends... ?

Was planning on swinging by myself if there were tickets going but would feel bad now if Sligo fans can't get tickets...

As we speak this is not the case. Stupid decision by the FAI. Hope they see the error in this and do something about it.

As we speak this is not the case. Stupid decision by the FAI. Hope they see the error in this and do something about it.

Wonder is it the FAI or the SDCC.

Time for a bit of lobbying from Sligo I think.

Or just sell all their tickets as quickly as possible.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Or just sell all their tickets as quickly as possible.

Yeah.

It seems daft though - Sligo haven't won the cup since the early-90s(?) and some supporters might not even get a ticket for it....

• Advertisement

Wonder is it the FAI or the SDCC.

They have already started. Hope it works for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Think the FAI should definitely put temp seating in for this, 6,000 is extremely small for a cup final:O

Would love to go and get to check out Tallaght at the same time but don't think I will if it means it will be at the expense of Sligo fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Hope they dont. The cup final is a day out for all league of ireland followers and not just the 2 teams involved. When all the people that go to sligo's home and away games through the season get their tickets then they will be a few left over. Why should fans of other clubs who go to all the cup games and league games all year and go the the final every year who are football fans miss out on tickets just because sligo want to bring a few hangers on who have never seen sligo play . My point being if no temp stand go in and it stays as it is. If the extra seats go in then give the tickets to who can sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

cymro wrote: »
    Hope they dont. The cup final is a day out for all league of ireland followers and not just the 2 teams involved. When all the people that go to sligo's home and away games through the season get their tickets then they will be a few left over. Why should fans of other clubs who go to all the cup games and league games all year and go the the final every year who are football fans miss out on tickets just because sligo want to bring a few hangers on who have never seen sligo play . My point being if no temp stand go in and it stays as it is. If the extra seats go in then give the tickets to who can sell them.

Very much agreed. Have Sligo had an attendance (of home fans, not away fans) bigger than 2500 this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

strange logic here - infact its baffling.

a. the semi final in the Showground was 5000 sell out.

b. why you want to limit the number of tickets and discourage maybe making new hardcore fans out of current "causual" fans

the semi final in the Showground was 5000 sell out.

What was the attendance for the league game before it?

strange logic here - infact its baffling.

a. the semi final in the Showground was 5000 sell out.

b. why you want to limit the number of tickets and discourage maybe making new hardcore fans out of current "causual" fans

Also he doesn't want to limit the tickets, never said that 6000 was plenty, he simply said that Sligo don't necessarily need more than their allocation, and hes right. They probably COULD bring double their allocation, but what percentage of that would be the people that you'd be distraught if they missed out on this game, the regular matchgoers like.

I agree with you that new fans should be encouraged but not at the expense of people who regularly go to games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

DSB wrote: »

Jaysus lads, couldn't this be the chance for one or two people to get bitten by the bug if they actually go to a game?

Isn't it ironic, across the water when the cup final rolls around the two teams participating rail against the "football family" getting tickets, here it's the other way around...

Jaysus lads, couldn't this be the chance for one or two people to get bitten by the bug if they actually go to a game?

Isn't it ironic, across the water when the cup final rolls around the two teams participating rail against the "football family" getting tickets, here it's the other way around...

Thats because there are more genuine football supporters over there.

As I said I'd be more than happy to see new people come to the final and get bitten by the bug, I just don't think it should be at the expense of regulars.

All teams get massive crowds at finals its how it works. Someone care to explain how pats had 11000 vs Shels a few years ago when only 10000 people lived in Inchicore at the time?

Same for Bray in 90 more people where supporting bray then live there.

Shels had 24k vs Depor and a 1000 or 2 at the next home game.

i actually know a few old dudes who hate LOI but go to the cup final every year :confused:

• Advertisement

Come on, cut them a bit of slack, you know well lots of people come out of the woodwork for finals. Lots of lapsed fans and curious locals who, as said, may get into it on the back of a big game.

I'd rather see a lapsed supporter or somebody from the town over me. The argument about attendances before the final is moot. I've seen Sligo three times and Fingal twice this season, hardly every game either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

It would be my opnion and always has been that cup final is for the clubs involved and club whoses stadium its in if tickets left
    Very much agreed. Have Sligo had an attendance (of home fans, not away fans) bigger than 2500 this year?

You do realize you are taking about one of the clubs that gets the best attendances in the league, Ya?

First off in a season dogged by relegation troubles we have had gates in/around and OVER 2000 (midweek games not counting before ye get all childish with it)
    ONLY clubs that brought big away support Derry and Shams!

More importantly the FAI are missing a trick here, for both clubs (but more Sligo for obvious reasons)

This:
    Come on, cut them a bit of slack, you know well lots of people come out of the woodwork for finals. Lots of lapsed fans and curious locals who, as said, may get into it on the back of a big game.

I'd rather see a lapsed supporter or somebody from the town over me. The argument about attendances before the final is moot. I've seen Sligo three times and Fingal twice this season, hardly every game either.
    If the FAI played the game in a stadium with a big enough space, and the lapsed/Casual/YOUNG fan came
    What better way to get them tied to the club for life, its not many people who see their home town club win a cup final and then dont go see them
    again?

Lot of lapsed fans in Sligo due to various run ins over the years with local football (by people no longer at the club) :mad:
    these lads are coming back in dribs and drabs over time, I cannot think of a better way to get them back than a cup win

Part of FAI remit and purpose of cup games is to attract new fans to clubs i would have thought?:eek::confused:

Put it this way smart boys
    First Sligo Rovers games I remember are the 1983 Cup Semi Finals against Cobh (as a kid)
    and ive been going ever since!:eek:

Also he doesn't want to limit the tickets, never said that 6000 was plenty, he simply said that Sligo don't necessarily need more than their allocation, and hes right. They probably COULD bring double their allocation, but what percentage of that would be the people that you'd be distraught if they missed out on this game, the regular matchgoers like.

I agree with you that new fans should be encouraged but not at the expense of people who regularly go to games.

Basically you want to go to the game and thats more important than any sensible other opnions well :o

How many Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal etc fans have you heard say there first memory was a cup win or a big game or a big goal,
    Why do you not want the same for LOI clubs?:confused:

Is a day out for you really that important?

What would have happened if it was a Bohs Shams final?

Bohs gates this season are supposed to be down
    Shams can fill the stadium we know:p

Why are other clubs treated differently?
    Why would the FAI treat other clubs differently:confused::rolleyes:

elshambo wrote: »
    Basically you want to go to the game and thats more important than any sensible other opnions well :o

How many Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal etc fans have you heard say there first memory was a cup win or a big game or a big goal,
    Why do you not want the same for LOI clubs?:confused:

Is a day out for you really that important?

I doubt I'll be going to the game to be honest. Certainly won't be in a mad rush for a ticket.

I doubt I'll be going to the game to be honest. Certainly won't be in a mad rush for a ticket.

thank God! I can certainly see your negative attitude towards the league being a significant drain of the enjoyment of those around you to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

It's stupid holding it in a 6000 capacity stadium. Why not the RDS (or Tolka, Dalymount, the Cross)?

FAI are probably got the hump that SF got into the final. They were probably creaming it over a potential Rovers/Bohs/Sligo/Waterford one and would surely have got in the temp seats for one of those.

elshambo wrote: »
    Part of FAI remit and purpose of cup games is to attract new fans to clubs i would have thought?:eek::confused:

Put it this way smart boys
    First Sligo Rovers games I remember are the 1983 Cup Semi Finals against Cobh (as a kid)
    and ive been going ever since!:eek:

That was my first ever game also!!! and I then went to almost every game for the next 18 years solid until I emigrated! It just shows that we need big games like this to get young kids hooked!

Anyway the meeting between the FAI and the clubs to trash out the details of the game is on today - anyone know what time?

• Advertisement

A a result of the meeting today i think that extra seats are going in according to a few sligo heads. Its good news as more Fingal fans there the better :D

A a result of the meeting today i think that extra seats are going in according to a few sligo heads. Its good news as more Fingal fans there the better :D

:rolleyes:

thank God! I can certainly see your negative attitude towards the league being a significant drain of the enjoyment of those around you to be honest!

Eh you don't have a clue about me or my attitude towards the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Its not correct to judge it like that. Drogheda-Cork brought 25k to Lansdowne in '05. It was roughly a 50/50 split AFAIR. And Drogheda would have had an average crowd of less than 1400 that year.

Eh you don't have a clue about me or my attitude towards the league.

well your attitude on this thread stinks to be honest and your opinions are retarded and if everyone held those opinions in Ireland then there would be no league!

The creator never intended for supporters of fallible football clubs such as us to attain the meritorious and beatific heights of Shelbourne FC.

Let it be: you are but a mortal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

how much are the tickets? when are they goin on sale? how many per person?

They go on sale this weekend.

Not sure about anything else yet.

Sligo have their tickets on sale tomorrow for season ticket holders etc and the rest on sale at the home game on friday with a limit of 2 per person.
    I would think at this stage our tickets would go on sale at Fridays game.
    Tickets prices set by the fai.

Covered €25
    uncovered €20
    child €10.

I would think that the uncovered tickets are for the seats behind the goal or is part of the stands uncovered?

Im only going by what ive seen posted by sligo heads and dont know if all the tickets allocated for Fingal fans are in the same section or restricted to 2 per person.

I would think at this stage our tickets would go on sale at Fridays game.
    Tickets prices set by the fai.

The next Fingal home game is Saturday, not Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Covered €25
    uncovered €20
    child €10.

All of Tallaght is covered so I'm assuming this means temp seating going in behind 1 or both goals. Either that or they mean the first few rows of the west stand that seems to always get done by the rain.

Have to say I do find it a somewhat funny argument by some that those who go to the fai cup final every year should get preference over the hangers on at Sligo or Fingal. So lets replace 1 big day out hanger on for another then yes?

I personally wouldn't worry if it was their first Sligo game and the fact that its the cup final is bringing them out they are supporting one of the teams in the final. I'd prefer a stadium full of people cheering on both teams even if they've never been before rather than those that have no interest in either side but are going as its the final.

Its the final and its on TV so we need a good atmosphere to make people stand up and take notice and not a stadium full of Rovers, Bowez and Shels fans discussing the financial state of league.

• Advertisement

iregk wrote: »
    All of Tallaght is covered so I'm assuming this means temp seating going in behind 1 or both goals. Either that or they mean the first few rows of the west stand that seems to always get done by the rain.

Have to say I do find it a somewhat funny argument by some that those who go to the fai cup final every year should get preference over the hangers on at Sligo or Fingal. So lets replace 1 big day out hanger on for another then yes?

I personally wouldn't worry if it was their first Sligo game and the fact that its the cup final is bringing them out they are supporting one of the teams in the final. I'd prefer a stadium full of people cheering on both teams even if they've never been before rather than those that have no interest in either side but are going as its the final.

Its the final and its on TV so we need a good atmosphere to make people stand up and take notice and not a stadium full of Rovers, Bowez and Shels fans discussing the financial state of league.

Good post but I hope you are wrong on that account.

I hear that Rovers have already pretty much sold all of their current allocation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

I got 4 tickets myself, so I'll be there.....or else sell them on

Advertisement