Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Cycling Team Columbia/HTC Bikes For Sale

• 29-10-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Professional Cycling Team Columbia/HTC bikes available for sale:

2009 Scott Addict R1's Integrated/Non-Integrated, Dura Ace 7900 Groupsets NO WHEELS - Available in S,M & XL - EUR 2,750.

2008 Giant TCR Advanced SL ISP frame, forks & headset, used - in Mint condition - Available in S,M,M/L & XL - EUR 850.

2008 Giant/Highroad Tech Dev timetrial bikes NO WHEELS OR CHAINSET.
    Used - in mint condition - EUR 4000.

2007/2008 Giant Carbon TT frame, forks & headset - ideal for Triathlon - EUR 850.

Large selection of 2009 Zipp 303, 404 & 606's fitted with Continental Tubulars & Dura Ace cassettes EUR800/set.

2009 HED Stinger 6 Deep Section Carbon wheelsets fitted with Continental tubulars and Dura Ace cassettes EUR 750/set.

2008 Shimano Dura Ace Low carbon wheelsets fitted with Continental tubulars and Dura Ace cassettes EUR 750/set

Prices are straight cash prices with no px's.

Bikes/Wheels available 3rd week in November.

For any queries/photos mail me to ph950@hotmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Are these all your bikes? Giving Blorg a run for his money.

Why the mass sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

Pro Cycling Team Columbia/HTC Bikes For Sale

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Are these all your bikes? Giving Blorg a run for his money.

Why the mass sale?

Pro teams sell of their bikes at the end of the year. Looks like the OP has gotten his hand's on Columbia's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Reckon I'd be interested in a pair of the 404s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

el tonto wrote: »
    Pro teams sell of their bikes at the end of the year. Looks like the OP has gotten his hand's on Columbia's.

Ah, I thought they were "pro team" colour scheme models.

Would this mean they have seen a season of heavy use? I like the sound of the TCR but a "used" pro bike has surely seen a lot of use and abuse?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ah, I thought they were "pro team" colour scheme models.

Would this mean they have seen a season of heavy use? I like the sound of the TCR but a "used" pro bike has surely seen a lot of use and abuse?
    Pro-tour teams tend to use seperate race and training bikes so they'd have somewhere between 50 and 70 days racing per year. Old racing bikes tend to be used as winter or off season training bikes but are generally in very good condition as they are looked after by pro mechanics pretty much every time they are used.
    Was more of an issue with Alu and steel bikes and they tend to "wear out".
    All you can do is look very closely for cracks etc.
    Even the SKT have seperate training and race bikes (Ronan McLoughlin has them for sale on the Phoenix CC site as we speak !!)

2008 Giant TCR Advanced SL ISP frame, forks & headset, used - in Mint condition - Available in S,M,M/L & XL - EUR 850.

RobFowl wrote: »
    Pro-tour teams tend to use seperate race and training bikes so they'd have somewhere between 50 and 70 days racing per year. Old racing bikes tend to be used as winter or off season training bikes but are generally in very good condition as they are looked after by pro mechanics pretty much every time they are used.
    Was more of an issue with Alu and steel bikes and they tend to "wear out".
    All you can do is look very closely for cracks etc.
    Even the SKT have seperate training and race bikes (Ronan McLoughlin has them for sale on the Phoenix CC site as we speak !!)

True - but as an example the Paris Roubaix bikes have only ever been used for 1 day.

Also, because of the branding/sponsorship issues relating to professional cycling any equipment that is damaged/marked in any way is replaced immediately - have a look at any of comics & look at the condition of the equpment in any of the photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Can the freehubs on the Zipp 303s be swopped out for Campag cassette?
    I've a Scott Addict SL already, so no need to downgrade my frame :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Email inquiry sent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Could you please post up pictures of everything for us to see? I would be interested in some Zipp 303 or 404's...whereabouts are you based and how on earth did you manage to get a hold of all these bikes and wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Might be an idea to drop Columbia HTC a mail before you go spending money...just to make sure they are legit.

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Might be an idea to drop Columbia HTC a mail before you go spending money...just to make sure they are legit.

Would you not just drop me a mail first - as many people have - to establish if I'm legit?

Photo's here: http://ph950.smugmug.com/Bikes/ColumbiaHTC-Equipment/10140092_hNHQn#697271047_couv8

For what it's worth I've met D20903 myself a few months ago (he very kindly lent me his bike box to go do the Marmotte) and I would be pretty sure he is "legit."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Marq-dublin

Hi D20903

I'm interested in a TCR in Med, have the seat masts been cut? and does it come with both the seat mast collars? Do you have a few or just the one med?
    Thanks Mark

Lads,

Could anybody that has still not confirmed their order or still needs to transfer a payment to me please do so by Friday.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

In my best know it all OI-RisHH voice:

"Sure you could buy a car for thoses prices":p

• Registered Users Posts: 47 P D

wow just saw this now - bikes are stunning and deffo in v good condition ....

Lads,

Still have a couple of sets of Zip 404's available if anyone is interested.

How much for a set of Zipp 404's ? Also, are they the 2009 models...dimples and all that? Finally are they clincher or tubular, shimano or campag? I presume they would still be in very good condition, bearings still running smooth and freely as well as running true? Thanks ;) (Where are you based?)

• Advertisement

I just picked up my set of 404s this evening, thanks for that. Very nice, they are the dimpled rims, tubulars with Continental Competition tyres 28x22c. And Dura-Ace 7800 cassettes. I looked at a selection of them and they seemed to be in very good nick.

blorg wrote: »
    I just picked up my set of 404s this evening, thanks for that. Very nice, they are the dimpled rims, tubulars with Continental Competition tyres 28x22c. And Dura-Ace 7800 cassettes. I looked at a selection of them and they seemed to be in very good nick.

Was all that included in the price? Will I ask you how much or will I wait for the man himself to get back to me? Best of luck with them! :)

Was all that included in the price? Will I ask you how much or will I wait for the man himself to get back to me? Best of luck with them! :)
    Yes, wheels, tyres, cassette and skewers all included. He has the price of €800 on page 1 of this thread. I thought it a good deal; even beside the wheels, from CRC the tyres are £55 each, DA cassettes ~£120.

Belated thanks to the seller, picked up a pair of Zipp 303s from him before Christmas, €750 inc DA cassette and tubs, all in very good condition.
    Cheers D20903 - a gent to deal with folks!

PS As I'm riding campag, I had to change the freehub from Shimano to Campag, so now I have an unwanted DA cassette and Shimano freehub!

So, what have you got left to sell here (if anything)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BERNARDO1977

Hi,

someone have bought any frame at this seller? is he reliable? Can put photos?

I'm interested to buy an Addict frame.

Thanks.

Hi,

someone have bought any frame at this seller? is he reliable? Can put photos?

I'm interested to buy an Addict frame.

Thanks.

I think someone here bought a bike from the OP, (I bought a pair of 303s)
    so to answer your question - Yes he is reliable, and you should contact him directly to see what he has left in stock, or is getting in next.
    Last time I was talking to him he was looking at getting in stock from another team.

gman2k wrote: »
    I think someone here bought a bike from the OP, (I bought a pair of 303s)
    so to answer your question - Yes he is reliable, and you should contact him directly to see what he has left in stock, or is getting in next.
    Last time I was talking to him he was looking at getting in stock from another team.

ok, I have contacted with him by email and he's so attent.

Thanks!

I'd vouch for his reliability, I got a pair of 404s. He also lent me a bike box last year!

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    I'd vouch for his reliability, I got a pair of 404s. He also lent me a bike box last year!

Thanks blorg,

I think I will ask him for more products...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement