Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Reid - Still a Yiddo

Options
  • 29-10-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

I have it from a very reliable source that the reason Andy Reid is being shunned by the national team is because he knocked out Liam Brady when Brady tried to grab his guitar during a late night sing-song at the team hotel last year.

Aparently Trappatoni told some players enjoyng a late drink to pack it up and go to bed, before retiring to his room. Later on Brady came down and noticed that they were still drinking and at this stage Andy Reid was playing his gutar, they were having a great session.

Anyway, apparently Brady tried to bt a stop to the party, this lead to Reid and Brady having a few heated words. Then Brady went to grap the guitar off Reid. Reid apparently landed a beauty of a left hook into Brady's jaw, he hit the deck and was out cold for a few seconds.

Reid is still a yiddo :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

If he did do that, then they are right not to even consider him. It showed a total lack of respect for the manager and Brady and sounds like Saipan again where lads are on a piss up and dont care about the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Ya, it is abit odd that Brady isn't standing up for Reid. They must not be getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Woodgate wrote: »
    If he did do that, then they are right not to even consider him. It showed a total lack of respect for the manager and Brady and sounds like Saipan again where lads are on a piss up and dont care about the football.

yeah i agree.

not only is he on the coaching staff but he is quite possibly the most skllfull player to ever wear or green shirt(gooner or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jerryDyid

I have it from a very reliable source that the reason Andy Reid is being shunned by the national team is because he knocked out Liam Brady when Brady tried to grab his guitar during a late night sing-song at the team hotel last year.

Aparently Trappatoni told some players enjoyng a late drink to pack it up and go to bed, before retiring to his room. Later on Brady came down and noticed that they were still drinking and at this stage Andy Reid was playing his gutar, they were having a great session.

Anyway, apparently Brady tried to bt a stop to the party, this lead to Reid and Brady having a few heated words. Then Brady went to grap the guitar off Reid. Reid apparently landed a beauty of a left hook into Brady's jaw, he hit the deck and was out cold for a few seconds.

quality:D
    as for the other three posts above
    lads when you turn 18 you might find life is not so serious :p lighten up lads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Complete and utter bull. The bit about the heated discussion and Andy playing the guitar is semi true, but the bit about giving brady a slap is garbage. Maybe Dub Spur was having a larf ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I know we shouldn't really discuss other football stuff here but i'm not registered for the soccer fourm and andy is a ex spur so i guess i'm covered :)

I hate how people make out Andy's some prodigy left out in the cold. He is not that good a player, sure prob better then the two lads there but he is not going to win games for us like say steven ireland(don't even get me started on him) could.

I like Andy as a player and it seems harsh that he may not go to a world cup over playing a gutiar BUT maybe Trap had to make an example of someone to put the fear in the players. I wouldn't leave him out myself but IMO we are fooling ourselves if anyone thinks we're going to be playing like Barca with him on the team.

Like it or not Ireland a pants, out of the startin xi how many would break into a full strenght spurs side? Maybe 3 at most 4. Ask the same question about any other team who finished on top two and i'm sure the better pnes you could go as high as 6,7 or 8. Trap has done a great job with a very limited bunch of players and if for no other reason but to see the old guard one more world cup and to stick ot to shat geebag Steven Ireland i'd love to see us do France.

jerryDyid wrote: »
    quality:D
    as for the other three posts above
    lads when you turn 18 you might find life is not so serious :p lighten up lads:D
    Do you mean in the sense that the original post was a joke?? Fair enough.

If not then we have every right to be serious as I wouldn't want that pr*ck to be still associated with being a yiddo, if that is what actually happened and I certainly wouldn't be boasting about it.

Woodgate wrote: »
    Do you mean in the sense that the original post was a joke?? Fair enough.

If not then we have every right to be serious as I wouldn't want that pr*ck to be still associated with being a yiddo, if that is what actually happened and I certainly wouldn't be boasting about it.

Why is Andy a prick ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Why is Andy a prick ?

Reid is still a yiddo biggrin.gif {/quote]

Like i said earlier, if the OP is a joking grand, but if true he is probably a lot more than a pr*ck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

wouldn't surprise me if twere true. stranger things have happened. Many moons ago a Cork lad called Miah Dennehy won a few caps. One night after a game Brady made a remark about Miah been a cluchie or something similar whereupon Miah decked the mouthy goon and was never called up again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Complete and utter bull. The bit about the heated discussion and Andy playing the guitar is semi true, but the bit about giving brady a slap is garbage. Maybe Dub Spur was having a larf ;)

Only passing on what I heard.
    I was told by a one of hotel staff who I trust.
    Seems a feesible story, weird things happen in residents bars all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

The story about the alleged Brady swing would certainly liven up the tedious RTE panel discussion

Only passing on what I heard.
    I was told by a one of hotel staff who I trust.
    Seems a feesible story, weird things happen in residents bars all the time.

Agreed silly things can happen in residents bars, but he did'nt swing at him, trust me ;)

Advertisement