Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Id probably slam my fist through it within a week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ok so my plexi and art arrived today :D

The art was fine BUT, it's a little darker or something, so the finer details can't be made out, but it still looks great!

All went fine, when I was taking the art off I kinda tore it and cause cuts/shaves in the buttons, but it doesn't matter since I got my 6 new buttons/balltop on the way

One of the ****ty QDs broke coming off, but since I am not using the two dark hai buttons (3P AND 3K) on the TE, I took them and used them :)

The plexi went on fine, I had a problem with the wires causing a giant push up on the buttons and I couldn't get the thing to sit even. I eventually figured out the problem tho

I didn't need to shave/cut away some of the buttons, they went in 100% fine, and they all sit nice and even and flush

One mistake I made was that in light of me being a perfectionist, after I had the plexi screwed back on, I noticed some dust/dirt on the top, under the plexi. Me being me, I couldn't live with that, so I took a knife and slid it under the plexi in an attempt to get rid of the dirt, but in the process I tore the top of my art a little :pac:

I can post pics later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

sounds exactly like something i would do :P

How did you find the german guy bencao? Quick delivery? Reasonable rates?

Rates were good it took me two weeks to get it, but he said he was backlogged so I doubt the shipping itself was two weeks

Apart from the art being darker (which doesnt really effect mine), all of it was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Look forward to the pics m8, gratz on the custom stick.

• Advertisement

OK just took some pics now

Ok so here is the art I made/used (well, semi-made, took a standard red vewlix art and messed with the hue/saturatin etc to make it gray/black)

stickart.th.jpg

And when I get the art, it still retains the Vewlix logo and key parts, but its so dark the stick and button outlines don't show much or at all

Here is the finished work (note the small cut on the top as stated earlier :pac:)

dsc00167uk.th.jpg

Here's a close up of the art tear, pity, but, meh, it's nothing

Pro Tip : Don't try and slide a sharp knife under your screwed down plexi in hopes of removing a spec of dust from an artwork on paper. :pac:

dsc00168eo.th.jpg

Here's one to show how the art looks, compared to the first pic posted of my art

dsc00169q.th.jpg

Can't really make it out, but here is one to show how even and flush the buttons sit

dsc00170vt.th.jpg

And again

dsc00171uk.th.jpg

Shoutouts to Hori EX2 :pac:

Also, the plexi I got is the extended one, so it replaces the bezel. It sits nice and snug in the bezel's previous sitting place, and when the plexi snapped right in it was such a glorious moment :pac:

Ok so when my pink balltop and buttons arrive, I will be a very happy camper :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

very nice ramza, the 6 buttons look really tidy

Sagat06 wrote: »
    very nice ramza, the 6 buttons look really tidy

Cheers, I'm very happy with the result, a lot of thought and planning went into the mod and I'm 100% satisfied with it

Fair play ramza , gratz again it looks sweet. Its nice to have your own custom stick, gotta get going on choosing a colour to paint my new SE. Gonna hold on the artwork till I see how the paint looks to make sure it matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can I buy the white buttons & top off you when your order arrives?

• Advertisement

I've a white top I'd love to swap for another colour kiki, any colours you feel like swapping?

Got red, yellow & dark hai (grey).

Dark hai!? Hell yes that'd be perfect, wanna swap for my white one so?

^ sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Bloody hell those plexi cases look sweet-ass!

I'll have 6 white sanwa OBSF-30, a white balltop and two dak hai buttons left over if anyone is interested

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ^ sure.

sweeeeet, I gave a mate of mine my ps3 stick as a lend so I have to get it back off him to get the white ball top, I'll be seeing him this weekend.

Ramza wrote: »
    I'll have 6 white sanwa OBSF-30, a white balltop and two dak hai buttons left over if anyone is interested
    Me me me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll take the two dark hai if Kiki doesn't want them.

All at a price guys :)

Oh also one of the microswitches is borked on one of the dark hai buttons, but it's an easy fix if you have a spare one lying around

• Advertisement

Sure Jim I'll have 3 more dark-hai buttons (used) with this swappery.

And obviously I should have spare switches, too.

So I put a Datel PS3+360 PCB into my VSHG, but like a retard I wired up Back instead of Turbo (necessary to switch between modes).

Also, can someone confirm for me that SFIV Layout B is:
    L1/LB == HP (Fierce)
    R1/RB == HK (Roundhouse)
    ?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Arcade Stick Type B-

LB- all punches
    RB- all kicks

Controller Type B-

LB- Heavy Punch
    RB- Heavy Kick

SEGA VIRTUA STICK High Grade, v3.0

All-Sanwa, Datel/Paewang Revolution PCB for PS3/360 compatibility.

Button layout is probably screwed though.

DSC00027.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Nice. Pic of the inside would be nice too!

kiki, do you have another two yellow buttons? I'd say a dark hai with yellow outline would look nice there for those two buttons... maybe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Got my plexiglass cover plus artwork printouts, so here's the first one I'll be using for a while:

31-1130581443T.jpg 31-1108496455T.jpg
    (click for big)

Sweet man, gratz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Got my Plexi aswell today and popped a few red sanwa buttons and balltop into my TE along with my art.Also added an exta Seimitsu spring.I'm well chuffed.

72ce055d59f50476914a1655260044144g.jpg

ed107e37603e62e15ffeef45aca8777a4g.jpg

On a side note, because my plexis were so late i got 2 extra for free: an extended plexi and a normal one. They're up for grabs to any one that wants either for a small price

• Advertisement

I'm gonna put a word in for Jim here, I know he really wants one but he's away and a music festival atm.

****ing sweet stick man:cool:

Advertisement