Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

I would come down more often but I always end up having something on either playing gigs, practice or something else that there's no way around. Having some sort of repetitive strain from playing guitar hasn't helped lately either. If I have enough money I'm gonna try make it to the Inferno on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Good **** dude, pink button represent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

@ Lifetrap: great sticks man! You've no excuse not to show those off :P

@kiki: how do you plan on attaching artwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

animaX wrote: »
    @ Lifetrap: great sticks man! You've no excuse not to show those off :P

@kiki: how do you plan on attaching artwork?

Arcadeforge.de are doing plexi for it http://arcadeforge.de/?page_id=164#vshg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Amazing sticks LIFETRAP, the colour replacement artwork looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

anyone getting plexi from above link, be able to order me one while theyre at it?

also
    129184465017371300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    anyone getting plexi from above link, be able to order me one while theyre at it?
    Sure Farz, just tell me which one you want and/or if you want art via PM.

Should be ordering later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thanks kiki, i opened up my stick cause it was lose as mentioned in the other thread and i kinda stretched the spring myself, the sticks is made up off so many pieces, its an eye opener.
    i assume its a sqaure gate?
    it plays much stiffer now

x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Farz, not to be an ass but I'm surprised you didnt know what gate you had. I assume you've never had a shot of an octo? Cause you'd know instantly you have a square gate from feeling the 4 corners when you move the stick around. Versus 8 corners when you move it around on an octo.

But lastly , you've taken out and looked at your gate :confused:

:p

Yeah tis a square gate man.

Check this pic for further explanation

ddgmjn.jpg

You'll know now

I was gonna make my own thread but why not chuck it in here.

Anyone have a spare mounting plate? Or advise on what I can do here?

When I bought the SE shell from barry, I always planned to put the stick from my old SE into it as barrys stick is mad loose where as I much preferred the one from my SE.

However I used the mounting plate from my SE on my Sanwa stick as that didnt come with one. So I went to scew out barrys SE stick from its mounting plate to use that but the cheapy screws kinda chipped away and lost the groves on them needed for the screw driver to actually work. And I simply can't remove barrys SE stick from its plate :mad:

So I dunno if theres any way of still getting that off or if its permanently attached to it. If it is, is anyone willing to swap a plate for a plate with an se stick attached? :p

Btw KIKI , I owe you a button don't I? Also I can now swap you the white ball top for the dark grey one if your still up for that.

The red outline buttons with dark grey inside go well with my dark grey old ps3 SE but for my current one (which I'm in the middle of painting and adding artwork) I wanna go with black outline and red buttons.

Thing is I only have 5 of these, so I need one more :p You have any willing to sell/swap?

• Advertisement

• You can try to use an electric drill on the screws to get them out, but you'll have to replace them (obv.)
    • ... I do actually have a black rim/red button...

I don't have an electric drill :p Will you be at casuals tomorrow kiki?

Looking like 50/50, but if I am should be in for 4.30pm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Just recently dual modded my TE using the chimp PCB method. Have to say im delighted with the results. There was a small bit of soldering but most was using a solderless method for the buttons. I can now happily play on xbox and Ps3 :)
    Ive a question regarding artwork on my stick. Im thinkin of using some of my own pencil artwork to my TE but not too sure how to go about it. I'll obviously have to laminate it some way. I know alot of yee guys have artwork on ye're sticks. i've seen some of em at tournies. Can anyone get me goin in the right direction???.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

BanjoB wrote: »
    Just recently dual modded my TE using the chimp PCB method. Have to say im delighted with the results. There was a small bit of soldering but most was using a solderless method for the buttons. I can now happily play on xbox and Ps3 :)
    Ive a question regarding artwork on my stick. Im thinkin of using some of my own pencil artwork to my TE but not too sure how to go about it. I'll obviously have to laminate it some way. I know alot of yee guys have artwork on ye're sticks. i've seen some of em at tournies. Can anyone get me goin in the right direction???.

This guy sells perspex
    http://arcadeforge.de/?page_id=164

You'd just print/draw your own artwork, cut out the holes and put on the plexi.
    Its really easy to do.

BanjoB wrote: »

Great stuff! I might have to borrow yours if i need to play on ps3! (or at least until i dual mod mine).

As ppc said, the plexi from arcadeforge is the way to go. You'll have to strip off the stock artwork (i think) and replace it with artwork under the plexi.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Thanks guys.

Ive just ordered the plexi there. Better get sketching now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Anyone have any suggestions for using 360 pads/sticks on 360, or PS3 pads/sticks on 360?

• 360 stick on PS3: get a Cthulhu or Chimp board from Toodles on SRK, or DualStrike board from ArcadeForge.de
    • PS3 stick on 360: solder in a Madcatz Fightpad-PCB (tricky)
    • PS2 pad/stick on 360/PS3: get appropriate adapter from eTokki.com
    All other options are expensive & laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Sairus wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestions for using 360 pads/sticks on 360

...Plug them in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cobelcog wrote: »
    ...Plug them in?

Gad zooks you're right! I've been spoiled by all this wireless stuff.

Madcatz US store selling customisation items
    Obviously you can do all of these via vinyl dye -- except for the clear dustwashers!

*edit*
    AZZA: can you drop by Madcatz' booth at Evo & pick up some of these? Clear & yellow maybe?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone here have a spare octogate that they would be willing to sell? I *may* be at inferno.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone here have a spare octogate that they would be willing to sell? I *may* be at inferno.

Why in the blue blazes do you want one of them?

If you say execution I am going to say something snotty about practice, btw :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Why in the blue blazes do you want one of them?

Couldn't get used to square when I first started with my stick and found a big improvement after I switched to octo. I have an octo in my old stick and gf bought me a new stick recently. Couldn't be arsed chopping and changing so 2 octo = perfect.

If you say execution I am going to say something snotty about practice, btw :)

Oh, and execution.

FutureGuy wrote: »

I could've sworn i had a spare one but just checked and couldn't find it. Maybe i gave it to someone else. If i do find it i'll bring it along on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I have a spare Octo Gate knocking around, However it's doubhtful whether Ican make this Inferno.

@Terry + Meducation: I will aslo bring in those Plexis if you still need them and i can attend.

If not I will Deffo make it for a few casuals the week after

@Terry + Meducation: I will aslo bring in those Plexis if you still need them and i can attend.

If not I will Deffo make it for a few casuals the week after

Sure, bring it if you're coming!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I think I have an octogate. If I do ill bring it on sat.

Advertisement