Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

P051209_221701.jpg

no one commented on my home made stick.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It's erm... interesting? :P

thank you, it's made of wood:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'm pretty sure I've seen that abomination posted somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's Fanta-stick ;)

• Advertisement

yeah, i got it from that guy at shoryuken. I don't really like it. It's got a huge throw and very stiff

All Fanta sticks are like that, personally I kinda like them.

Have yet to build a box for mine.
    Might just be lazy and see if it fits in this:
    1.jpg

@Placebo:

Plexi when? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Thinking of going with this for my TE with plexi. Wanted to keep the artwork similar to the round 2 artwork which is why i have the image in the background and the logos. I was gonna have button symbols for both ps3 and xbox but it was a bit too much.

Any comments, suggestions?

FightStick_Template_MadCatz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

If it was me id take out the super logo, mainly cos the logo is horrible but it kind of clutters it a bit too. Id probably just use the dive kick too, again cos of clutter. Im a less is more man though.

EDIT:

You should also see the state of my TE at the moment. The original art starting coming lose and rising off the metal plate. I had the bright idea of glueing it down with bostick. Bad idea, lol. The glue messed it up bad, you can see big glue lines all around the art.
    So people dont be dumb like me and glue down the TE artwork with bostick.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions bush, i had those in mind too. Here's what a "less" version would look like. I felt i had to do something with the dark patch on the bottom right and also on the top right just to balance it out, but maybe its not necessary. I had to extend the dive-kick hit box!

FightStick_Template_MadCatz2.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I like that version, but bring back the Jesus kick!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I like that version, but bring back the Jesus kick!

gotta have the jesus kick :p

Edit: just realised that you can still see the CA from CAPCOM in the background image

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

stripe should go all the way through
    also why do u have tournament edition stick in there? do u want to show off to the nerds?
    anima x yellow is different and the glow doesnt seem right and purple border doesnt suit, should be yellow

send me font and i can fix it for your Dr

i would also take capcom off
    just leave it nice and plain

i kinda like a few rufus' initial idea above, should have the animation of a dive kick or perhaps massiah

bdeffada2edd4c619ff9923.png

Nice one Terry.Defo go with the less cluttered option.

What colour buttons and stick?
    I'd increase saturation on rufus's Orange or the yellow on your logo and go with Yellow or orange buttons and stick

Also here's a handy little Photoshop number that creates a 3D render of Modded TE with your custom art work on it.
    It loads actions which do all the transforms etc for you in the blink of an eye.

You change button,stick and bevel colours as well.
    Found it very handy to get an idea of what the real life finished product will look like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?akat6os8t65c60y

Placebo wrote: »
    stripe should go all the way through

It represents his block-box so originally i didn't want to alter the length of it, just have the name flowing from it.
    also why do u have tournament edition stick in there?

I want it to be as close as possible to the stock artwork, plus i like it!
    anima x yellow is different and the glow doesnt seem right and purple border doesnt suit, should be yellow

agreed. I did a colour-pick from a certain section of yellow but the yellows are not uniform. I will brighten it a bit. I added the glow mainly to blur the line where the block-box ends and the A starts. I added the border to make it look like the hitbox you see on rufus' body. It kinda looks weird without the border and glow (see below).
    send me font and i can fix it for your Dr

I'll pm you a copy!
    i would also take capcom off

again, i want it to almost look like a stock stick which is why i might go with logos.
    i kinda like a few rufus' initial idea above, should have the animation of a dive kick or perhaps massiah

I wanted that also, but i can't get my hands on the full hit box vids/images. I could only find a few images after a google/SRK search. I knew meducation has them. Could someone somehow pm me the full messiah kick vid?!

FightStick_Template_MadCatznoglow.jpg

Also here's a handy little Photoshop number that creates a 3D render of Modded TE with your custom art work on it.

Unfortunately i have photoshop elements so those scripts are awkward to run. I will try it once the artwork is complete though.

As for button colours, i'll be sticking with plain white like i have at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Lookin good terry!

KIKI don't forget I still have a white ball top for you! Will bring it next time I'm at an event.

Sisko wrote: »
    Lookin good terry!

He's alive!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Guys i ordered a spring for my TE to make the stick stiffer, but, had one already in it and it was the wrong size so had to take it out. Just wonderin if id be better off widening the actuator too to cut down the back to forward etc motion? What ye think.

Also is it just me or is dashing more trickier on an octo gate? Used one of the guys TE's today who has one installed and alot of dashes and focus cancels just weren't happening. Sayin this cos i ordered one an was hopin to convert myself so im hopin its just a matter of getting used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

just get used to a TE stock, any issues you have are with your own execution and not the stick

you will learn at the same rate if you switch the parts out and just find yourself unable to play on anyone else's stick

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I have to agree with Dreddy on this.

TE's stock parts are some of the best I've ever used. All most people are doing by messing around is creating a placebo effect where they end up eventually with the same level of play they'd have if they put the work in on a normal square gate- only now they can't use anyone elses stick.

I still do not like the feel of Sanwa JLF.

Much prefer Seimitsu sticks.

For those who are unsure of whether to use pad or stick.

http://shoryuken.com/content/control-pad-arcade-stick-how-about-both-1562/

3779af48.jpg

If I had the patience, I'd make something like that...

So I'm thinking of getting a retro stick (just, because).

Jap-Sai seem to have stock of the PS1 Konami Hyperstick
    Konami_RU013_Sell.jpg

and the Capcom Power Stick Fighter MD
    Capcom_CPS-A13CA_Sell.jpg

Though I'd need a converter for the latter.

Am I mad?

Links?

http://www.jap-sai.com/Games/Konami/Konami.htm
    http://www.jap-sai.com/Games/Capcom/Capcom.htm

I've sent an email about the Hyper Stick anyway -- it has Seimitsu LS-56-01 stick and PS-15 buttons stock.

The CPSF MD is either LS-40 or Sanwa JLW, with good microswitch buttons (IIRC they're essentially 24mm plungers).

Xbox 360 controller redesign:
    http://goo.gl/bYPZ
    Transforms:
    4682.dpad_5F00_up_5F00_076655BF.jpg -> 2538.dpad_5F00_down_5F00_thumb_5F00_5853F41A.jpg
    We’ve just made the Xbox 360 Wireless controller even better with a brand new version that includes a transforming D-pad. The engineers have come up with an ingenious solution with a d-pad that can go from a plus to a disc with the twist of the wrist.
    In addition to the new d-pad, the matte silver controller also features concave analog sticks and gray A,B,X,Y buttons for added style.

The controller will only be available with the new Play & Charge Kit that will launch on November 9th for US $64.99.

More pics:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/sets/72157624724532059/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    So I'm thinking of getting a retro stick (just, because).

Jap-Sai seem to have stock of the PS1 Konami Hyperstick
    Konami_RU013_Sell.jpg

and the Capcom Power Stick Fighter MD
    Capcom_CPS-A13CA_Sell.jpg

Though I'd need a converter for the latter.

Am I mad?

Man, my Dad tried so hard to get me a Capcom Power Stick as a birthday present when I was a kid. He rang up loads of English MD importers and everything, it was impossible to get.

I'll let you keep that one though Kiki :D

Advertisement